Hunchback Returns

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Hunchback Returns

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:19 am

DDY trying to kickstart this thing again. Apparently he found a theater in Milwaukee to give it another shot for a couple weeks. Like kicking a dead horse. :roll:
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Re: Hunchback Returns

Postby LtVanish » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:53 am

I've seen it live before and I thought it was great. I might have to try and get tickets and make a road trip up there to so see it. :D
Enjoy seeing Styx/REO 'Can't Fight These Feelings Anymore" Tour. REO and their ballads :roll: Surprised this version of Styx wants anything to do with them. Loverboy will certainly play 'Almost Paradise' Maybe Styx (That only rocks) will pull out "Yes I Can". This band really is a hypocritical joke the last 20 years. God Bless Them.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby Hollywood » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:08 pm

LtVanish wrote:I've seen it live before and I thought it was great. I might have to try and get tickets and make a road trip up there to so see it. :D
Enjoy seeing Styx/REO 'Can't Fight These Feelings Anymore" Tour. REO and their ballads :roll: Surprised this version of Styx wants anything to do with them. Loverboy will certainly play 'Almost Paradise' Maybe Styx (That only rocks) will pull out "Yes I Can". This band really is a hypocritical joke the last 20 years. God Bless Them.

REO only play two ballads in a 90-minute set. Loverboy is currently playing one. (This Could Be The Night).
"We Were Born To Be Loved'"
Hollywood
LP

Postby StyxGuy » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:54 am

Video from an interview between the director and Dennis in 2020 - https://fb.watch/bO5725W6l5/
StyxGuy
LP

Postby Monker » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:59 am

LtVanish wrote:I've seen it live before and I thought it was great. I might have to try and get tickets and make a road trip up there to so see it. :D

Tommy and JY said that like 20yrs ago. The difference is there was an interview posted here or YouTube where Dennis laughed off the accusations that he was all into theater and that is part of the lies they were supposed to be telling. He was a rocker and that is what those last albums proved - according to Dennis DeYoung. Now, the first chance he gets, he jumps back into "theater mode" and into Hunchback. Are you going to call him a liar as DDY why did/does about Tommy and JY? Are you going to say the last few years of his album releases and interviews are hypocrisy because he is into theater again? I didn't think so.

DDY, can do whatever he wants, BTW...I don't blame him for wanting to keep his pet theater project out there. It's who he is.
Monker
MP3

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:00 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:DDY trying to kickstart this thing again. Apparently he found a theater in Milwaukee to give it another shot for a couple weeks. Like kicking a dead horse. :roll:

I'll be there opening night, I can't wait! :D
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby StyxGuy » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:55 am

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:DDY trying to kickstart this thing again. Apparently he found a theater in Milwaukee to give it another shot for a couple weeks. Like kicking a dead horse. :roll:

Cool - enjoy it!

Although some around here are more interested in pot-shots and would love to believe that Dennis is so "pitiful" now that he's going around begging people to put his little musical on - that just doesn't seem to be the truth.

The Artistic Director (Michael Unger) of the Skylight theatre met Dennis almost 30 years ago and he and Gary Sinese (yes - Lt. Dan) were invited to Dennis' house where he performed the entirety of the musical for them.

Michael Unger has stated that ever since then, he has always wanted to put on the musical. Now that he runs a theatre, he has the chance to do it.
StyxGuy
LP

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:12 pm

StyxGuy wrote:
SuiteMadameBlue wrote:

Cool - enjoy it!

Although some around here are more interested in pot-shots and would love to believe that Dennis is so "pitiful" now that he's going around begging people to put his little musical on - that just doesn't seem to be the truth.

The Artistic Director (Michael Unger) of the Skylight theatre met Dennis almost 30 years ago and he and Gary Sinese (yes - Lt. Dan) were invited to Dennis' house where he performed the entirety of the musical for them.

Michael Unger has stated that ever since then, he has always wanted to put on the musical. Now that he runs a theatre, he has the chance to do it.

Thank you, also thank you for posting the information. I'm looking forward to going!! I have friends coming in from different states.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Return to Styx