"KILROY WAS HERE" The Movie

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

"KILROY WAS HERE" The Movie

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Mon May 02, 2022 8:30 am

Love seeing this on YouTube again!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5fmy_bAZ_U

This was posted on Dennis' Facebook Page:

Hey Kids it’s "KILROY WAS HERE" THE MOVIE!

Here it is, the film telling the Kilroy backstory that played before every concert in 1983. It has not been available 'till now without ownership of the DVD or video tape. You’re welcome. The very last scene in the movie is then replicated on stage in live action where I sing "Roboto" to J Chance. And away we go.
The movie itself is fantastic and the credit goes to the late Brian Gibson and Stephen Goldblatt. They constructed a mini movie that was concise in its story telling, understandable for a young concert-going audience with state-of-the-art visuals. Also thanks to Irving Azoff who assembled these moviemakers.

This film never failed to delight the audiences that saw it and ANY talk to the contrary is horse feathers.
The central theme in this story was based on the growing censorship in America and the assault on free speech. Got any albums we can burn? How cliched was this in 1982. Yet it started up again -- apparently they hadn’t heard of the 1950’s.

Even today in America in 2022 we see several attempts to ban books. I’m not judging, just pointing out the battle continues.
Have a look-see how Putin’s Russia is being lied to and controlled without a free press. The consequences of the world now lie in the hands of one Dr. Vlad Righteous with nukes. Scary stuff. The proliferation of social media (sadly too often antisocial) through the internet has made free speech more difficult, requiring we the people to be due diligent in what we’re reading and investigating who the hell is writing it. Unfortunately the alternative is old Vladdy.

Simplifying everything about Kilroy:
Johnathan Chance is Luke Skywalker
Dr. Righteous is Darth Vader
And Kilroy is Obi Wan
In the end Obi Wan passes the lightsaber “guitar” to Chance “the hero” who will continue the fight against tyranny and censorship. Ta-da! Where’s the buttered popcorn or whatever that yellow stuff is.

The part that was too often missed in this project was our attempt to combine serious issues with comedy.
Mostly lowbrow. Dr. Righteous Fried Chicken, What not to do with your Roboto, yer mudder was a Toyota but especially JY, John and Chuck’s Heavy Metal Poisoning spoof of Spring Time For Hitler from The Producers.
Mel Brooks makes fun of Adolf, we poke fun at TV Evangelists and demagogues.
Nightly, JY relished his performance in HMP and has said so in interviews. There goes that guitar shredder. Jimmy was great!

Soon I’ll be doing a video explaining my thought process in creating this project. Yes I was sober.
Until then please share your experience in seeing this concert live. Watching the video as we all know is not the same as being there.

Cheers, Obi 8 wan Oberheim
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Return to Styx