COTC back on Billboard chart a year after release!

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

COTC back on Billboard chart a year after release!

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:35 am

Crash of The Crown is up to #30 again this week! Not bad for an album that’s a year old.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Re: COTC back on Billboard chart a year after release!

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:55 pm

Touring helps push album sales and streams :) To be fair they could have hit #30 by selling 1,000 copies (or having streams reach their 'equivalent sales' mark), but it's 1,000 more copies than before :D

They can thank me for having bought 3 copies (CD, black vinyl and clear vinyl) :P

Greatest Hits is #89 on the iTunes Top 100 Albums chart and #21 on Top Rock Albums
StyxGuy
LP

Postby Monker » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:10 am

StyxGuy wrote:Touring helps push album sales and streams :) To be fair they could have hit #30 by selling 1,000 copies (or having streams reach their 'equivalent sales' mark), but it's 1,000 more copies than before :D

They can thank me for having bought 3 copies (CD, black vinyl and clear vinyl) :P

Greatest Hits is #89 on the iTunes Top 100 Albums chart and #21 on Top Rock Albums

It has always seemed to me that touring doesn't help as much as people think. In a concert, they may have 5,000 - 10,000 people. But, being on the radio translates to hundreds of thousands for each play of the song. One play of one song on the radio may reach more people than an entire tour. I'm sure touring helps somewhat...especially in todays market where album sales are low. But, a single on the radio is best. Also, songs that have a lot of views on YouTube help a lot too. By a lot of views, I mean getting close to a million.

In CothC case, I think it helps that it is an extremely well put together album with quality songs all the way through. There may be a lot of word-of-mouth going on and people just discovering how good the album actually is. It's not a couple great songs, a few good songs, and the rest being mediocre....they are great songs from beginning to the end...well worth buying the album for. Touring may have helped the word-of-mouth, especially when they play a lot of songs from the album.

Also, with the Chicago HOF happening at this same time, it may have helped...or, it may be just a coincidence.

Bottom line for me is that I'm happy it has had this level of success...hopefully it encourages the band, and label, to keep putting out new music.
Monker
MP3

Postby yogi » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:44 am

Incredible album from start to finish. Flows perfectly. Hold Back The Darkness may be the greatest song never played on radio.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Return to Styx