Loudwire 91 Rock + Metal Acts With Two or More Top 40 Songs

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Loudwire 91 Rock + Metal Acts With Two or More Top 40 Songs

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:40 am

This list is such a great testimony to the amazing Styx catalogue.
Of the 16 songs on this list, Dennis wrote and sang 10 of them by himself while Tommy wrote and sang 4 by himself and JY none.
Of the co writes Tommy and Dennis wrote 1 JY and Dennis 1 and Glen, Dennis and JY wrote 1.
Dennis points out that all the musicians tied with Styx with 16 are all in the the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. Def Leppard with 15 and Bon Jovi with 17 are also in. It doesn’t make sense that Styx isn’t in.

This is from Dennis' Facebook Page:
Hey kids,
Thanks to Chad Childers for this great piece. We’re in the top ten with a total of 16 top 40 hits including 8 top tens. All the other musicians who have 16 are in the Rock Hall of Fame. A girl can dream can’t she?
We’re tied with The Who, Journey, Petty(not Richard), Van Halen and Clapton. None of which have as many top 40 hits. Hot diggity.
I read recently that neither Tommy nor JY care if we’re not inducted. Really? Well I certainly do and why not?
And not ashamed to admit it.
Many of you have commented that it doesn’t matter, Dennis, because the music speaks for itself and we have you guys, the true fans.
True dat, but why not have both? I’ll vote for you if you vote for Styx.
Cheers, Dennis

https://loudwire.com/rock-metal-acts-to ... 0AMV7dRoBw

Styx (16)
“Babe” No. 1
“The Best of Times” No. 3
“Mr. Roboto” No. 3
“Show Me the Way” No. 3
“Don’t Let It End” No. 6
“Lady” No. 6
“Come Sail Away” No. 8
“Too Much Time on My Hands” No. 9
“Renegade” No. 16
“Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)” No. 21
“Love at First Sight” No. 25
“Why Me” No. 26
“Lorelei” No. 27
“Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)” No. 29
“Mademoiselle” No. 36
“Music Time” No. 40
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Re: Loudwire 91 Rock + Metal Acts With Two or More Top 40 So

Postby Monker » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:15 am

Sorry, but these chart positions are not billboard top 40 pop songs. Journey never had a number 1 song. 'Open Arms' was number 2 for weeks kept out of number one by Joan Jett and several other songs. So,I know it is a b.s. list based on another chart, or simply inaccurate.
Monker
MP3

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:46 am

Monker wrote:Sorry, but these chart positions are not billboard top 40 pop songs. Journey never had a number 1 song. 'Open Arms' was number 2 for weeks kept out of number one by Joan Jett and several other songs. So,I know it is a b.s. list based on another chart, or simply inaccurate.

According to Billboard which I checked you’re right it seems of the artists tied at 16 he awarded a number one that never was to Journey and missed that they had 17 top 40 hits.

Styx is perfect it his calculations as are Tom Petty, Van Halen and The Who but Eric Clapton had only 15 top 40 hits not 16. Bon Jovi is also correct. As is Springsteen, Bowie, but Foreigner had 16 top 40.

Still Styx is accurate and tied with or ahead of many artists already in the Hall of Fame. What a shame.
By looking at many of these songs you can see real rock songs had a difficult time at top 40 radio. So many great songs did not fare very well on the crossover nature of this list.
Styx is where they should be which is in with their actual peers which are Hall inductees.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby yogi » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:01 am

No matter what the “critics” say Styx was one of the GREATEST most versatile bands in the history of rock & roll. They could rock with the best of them, wrote great pop songs, ballads, had progressive overtones as well as a folksy song or two. Great vocals, guitar work & drumming. Very few if any other bands had their overall musical capabilities and I’ll die on that hill saying so.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Monker » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:46 pm

This list is bullshit. They have the chart position of EVERY Journey song wrong. In addition to that, they pick and choose bands to include...and is not complete. Where is Little River Band? They had 13 top 40 hits and were the first rock band to be big in both the U.S. and Australia, yes even before ac/dc. They should absolutely be on this list. It is simply click bait crap.

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:
Monker wrote:Sorry, but these chart positions are not billboard top 40 pop songs. Journey never had a number 1 song. 'Open Arms' was number 2 for weeks kept out of number one by Joan Jett and several other songs. So,I know it is a b.s. list based on another chart, or simply inaccurate.

According to Billboard which I checked you’re right it seems of the artists tied at 16 he awarded a number one that never was to Journey and missed that they had 17 top 40 hits.

Styx is perfect it his calculations as are Tom Petty, Van Halen and The Who but Eric Clapton had only 15 top 40 hits not 16. Bon Jovi is also correct. As is Springsteen, Bowie, but Foreigner had 16 top 40.

Still Styx is accurate and tied with or ahead of many artists already in the Hall of Fame. What a shame.
By looking at many of these songs you can see real rock songs had a difficult time at top 40 radio. So many great songs did not fare very well on the crossover nature of this list.
Styx is where they should be which is in with their actual peers which are Hall inductees.
Last edited by Monker on Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:53 pm

yogi wrote:No matter what the “critics” say Styx was one of the GREATEST most versatile bands in the history of rock & roll. They could rock with the best of them, wrote great pop songs, ballads, had progressive overtones as well as a folksy song or two. Great vocals, guitar work & drumming. Very few if any other bands had their overall musical capabilities and I’ll die on that hill saying so.

You can say this same thing about a lot of bands. LRB, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, the Beatles. I can take what you say above and replace it with LRB and make the addition that they opened an entire country to the American market...and are more deserving than Styx.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:49 am

One more thing...n today's world, the new bands included in the HOF are there for the concert and making the HOF money. IMO, this is just another bullshit moment for Dennis to whine and cry for a reunion. The band is completely in the right to say it doesn't matter to them. It's just going to be one more opportunity for Dennis to make a public ass of himself by saying they should all perform at the HOF induction concert....when he knows damn well that he will never perform with Styx on stage ever again. IF Styx performs, it will be without him...and the HOF won't like that because they will not be making money off of a fake reunion.

Therefore, the HOF would never vote Styx in. So, it would be up to the fan vote. If you start looking at lists of bands that are not there but should be, Styx is not being called out very often. So, just like LRB actually, the HOF won't vote them because they won't get a reunion, and they are not popular enough in today's world for the fans to vote them in...which is the only reason Journey is there.
Monker
MP3

Postby yogi » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:09 am

You are 100% correct about the Little River Band. I forgot about them. Didn't they have a ton of different members? Alot of infighting with them and the use of the Little River Band name too, correct?

Journey got in without Steve Perry performing with them at the ceremony.

Styx definitely deserves the RRHOF. The fighting between Dennis and the rest of the current members should have nothing to do with them being inducted. Their overall body of work should have gotten them in years ago.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:12 am

Monker wrote:This list is bullshit. They have the chart position of EVERY Journey song wrong. In addition to that, they pick and choose bands to include...and is not complete. Where is Little River Band? They had 13 top 40 hits and were the first rock band to be big in both the U.S. and Australia, yes even before ac/dc. They should absolutely be on this list. It is simply click bait crap.

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:

The qualifications to make this list are based on crossover hits from Rock and Metal bands which seems to give the writer the right to omit bands he might not consider rock such as LRB, although I like them and many of their songs. Also Olivia Newton John opened the Australian doors not LRB.

Regarding Journey no one cares about inconsistency of the song chart positions, only you because this is a Styx page so go and rant on the Journey site, or are you still banned.

The article was off by one with the number of top 40 hits for Journey which is the point. Who had the most not specifically not their exact song chart position. I also discovered that during this time there were 2 other chart magazines that were also valid and very credible.
Cash box and Record World we’re their names. In fact Mr. Roboto went to number one in Record world. Did you know that? The writer mentions Billboard but does not specify this was all according to Billboard.

But really what’s the difference, the main point is the band we love here on this site was right fully acknowledged. Go Styx.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:19 am

Monker wrote:One more thing...n today's world, the new bands included in the HOF are there for the concert and making the HOF money. IMO, this is just another bullshit moment for Dennis to whine and cry for a reunion. The band is completely in the right to say it doesn't matter to them. It's just going to be one more opportunity for Dennis to make a public ass of himself by saying they should all perform at the HOF induction concert....when he knows damn well that he will never perform with Styx on stage ever again. IF Styx performs, it will be without him...and the HOF won't like that because they will not be making money off of a fake reunion.

Therefore, the HOF would never vote Styx in. So, it would be up to the fan vote. If you start looking at lists of bands that are not there but should be, Styx is not being called out very often. So, just like LRB actually, the HOF won't vote them because they won't get a reunion, and they are not popular enough in today's world for the fans to vote them in...which is the only reason Journey is there.

Your juvenile nit picking can only be attributed to the fact that you don’t like Dennis and this article makes it clear to those who know anything just how important he was to their success. And that cannot go unchallenged in your little mind.
Dennis lives in your brain rent free.

Maybe LRB is not a rock band in the writers opinion, which I share, though I like their music because I can like ballads and pop songs as well as the harder rocking songs and prog. Your tastes in my opinion are woefully narrow minded. Everyone on this site is aware of that fact. And that’s why this list grates on you. It’s mostly about Dennis.

Dennis did not mention anything about a reunion in this post that’s in your head. You’re the one whining.
But that is your greatest fear, a reunion. Because all the crap you’ve spewed about Styx without Dennis would be proved to be nonsense 30 seconds after Dennis sings. Not to mention the success the tour would be. Why? Because it would reunite all camps and those who never had the chance to see it at one time. I know you’ll deny this but you’ll be there should it happen. If only to say Gowan is a better fit. Haahahahah. Sure

Both Shaw and Young have said publicly that they would perform with Dennis at an induction. And their so called not caring stance goes against human nature. Shaw says he wants in after he’s dead. Excuse me? He’s afraid of facing Dennis.
By the way, If there’s ever a troll hall of fame I’m sure you’ll want to be inducted.

Styx will never play at the hall without Dennis unless he’s dead. Also you know nothing about what the hall will or won’t do and neither do I.

The POINT is STYX is deserving of being inducted for many reasons which would include their top 40 crossover success. Success that is mostly Dennis’s . You hate that because it makes you look dumb.

Stop mentioning other bands are deserving as well who cares this is a Styx fan page.
If you don’t believe that Styx are incredibly deserving why are you even here.
Oh I know you needed this post to start off the new year for membership in Trolls Are Us.
I think you have a shot at their Hall.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:51 pm

yogi wrote:You are 100% correct about the Little River Band. I forgot about them. Didn't they have a ton of different members? Alot of infighting with them and the use of the Little River Band name too, correct?

Journey got in without Steve Perry performing with them at the ceremony.

Styx definitely deserves the RRHOF. The fighting between Dennis and the rest of the current members should have nothing to do with them being inducted. Their overall body of work should have gotten them in years ago.

Journey is in because fans voted them in, not the music folks who the hof sends ballots to. So, they had no choice but to induct them.

Styx will not get inducted by the hof. I posted an article that said that era of bands is not even brought up for discussion. I simply do not believe there is anywhere close to winning a fan vote. It is just not going to happen
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:40 am

Suite, I don't have the patience or time to go through your triggered rantings...most of which is incomprehensible garbage.

To sum up:

This list is irrelevant. You can't on one hand say: it has errors in the number of hits. Errors in chart placements. Ignores bands that should be in the HOF and doesn't include them. May be based on multiple charts. Then, on the other hand, use it as some kind of evidence that Styx should in the HOF. This list is clickbait bullshit and nothing more.

The reasons Styx will not be in the HOF any time soon:

The nominating committee is bias against them and their era of music. A while back I posted an interview where one of their leaders said that bands like Styx have never even been discussed by the nominating committee. Do you know how many times Styx, Journey, REO, Boston, Kansas, and Foreigner have been nominated to be voted on? A grand total of all of those bands have been nominated to be voted on ZERO times. Those are Styx true peers, not Tom Petty and the like.

Also, like I said, the HOF seems to be getting bands and artists in the HOF who can still perform in concert and gain the HOF money. Because of DDY's antics and whining and crying for a reunion, I doubt very much that Styx would ever do this. It is less likely now than it was even five years ago. It's all about Dennis and IMO they are sick of hearing his name, let alone sharing a stage with him. So, they would either perform with the current lineup, or not at all...and I doubt the HOF would like either one of those options.

So, then you are left with the fan vote - which is how Journey got in. Styx fans are so completely unorganized that they can't even get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame....which is not that hard. I doubt they have near the numbers to win a vote for the RnR HOF. In addition, people like you spend more time being DeYoung's henchman than trying to unite Styx fans behind a realistic cause. A reunion tour is NOT a realistic cause. A star on the Hollywood WOF is.

This has nothing to do with critiquing whether or not they deserve the HOF. The way the HOF is so biased against Styx era of music is the issue...and how they get bands and artists in, and WHY ($).

Finally, in the early 1970's, Olivia Newton John was less of a rock player than even Kenny Rogers was...and I said LRB was the first ROCK BAND to be a success in both the US and Australia. It was not until Grease came out that she started leaning into rock. LRB was as much rock as the Eagles, who they tried to emulate. In fact, Glen Fry was a fan. Their first hit was "It's a Long Way There" in 1976...well before ONJ turned to rock, and months before AC/DC released "HIgh Voltage", which went nowhere really.
Monker
MP3

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:51 am

Monker wrote:Suite, I don't have the patience or time to go through your triggered rantings...most of which is incomprehensible garbage.

To sum up:

This list is irrelevant. You can't on one hand say: it has errors in the number of hits. Errors in chart placements. Ignores bands that should be in the HOF and doesn't include them. May be based on multiple charts. Then, on the other hand, use it as some kind of evidence that Styx should in the HOF. This list is clickbait bullshit and nothing more.

The reasons Styx will not be in the HOF any time soon:

The nominating committee is bias against them and their era of music. A while back I posted an interview where one of their leaders said that bands like Styx have never even been discussed by the nominating committee. Do you know how many times Styx, Journey, REO, Boston, Kansas, and Foreigner have been nominated to be voted on? A grand total of all of those bands have been nominated to be voted on ZERO times. Those are Styx true peers, not Tom Petty and the like.

Also, like I said, the HOF seems to be getting bands and artists in the HOF who can still perform in concert and gain the HOF money. Because of DDY's antics and whining and crying for a reunion, I doubt very much that Styx would ever do this. It is less likely now than it was even five years ago. It's all about Dennis and IMO they are sick of hearing his name, let alone sharing a stage with him. So, they would either perform with the current lineup, or not at all...and I doubt the HOF would like either one of those options.

So, then you are left with the fan vote - which is how Journey got in. Styx fans are so completely unorganized that they can't even get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame....which is not that hard. I doubt they have near the numbers to win a vote for the RnR HOF. In addition, people like you spend more time being DeYoung's henchman than trying to unite Styx fans behind a realistic cause. A reunion tour is NOT a realistic cause. A star on the Hollywood WOF is.

This has nothing to do with critiquing whether or not they deserve the HOF. The way the HOF is so biased against Styx era of music is the issue...and how they get bands and artists in, and WHY ($).

Finally, in the early 1970's, Olivia Newton John was less of a rock player than even Kenny Rogers was...and I said LRB was the first ROCK BAND to be a success in both the US and Australia. It was not until Grease came out that she started leaning into rock. LRB was as much rock as the Eagles, who they tried to emulate. In fact, Glen Fry was a fan. Their first hit was "It's a Long Way There" in 1976...well before ONJ turned to rock, and months before AC/DC released "HIgh Voltage", which went nowhere really.

This is my sum up:

The list is not irrelevant you are.
The minor discrepancies do not change the outcome of the listing regarding STYX accomplishments.
And this is what we true Styx fans care about. Everyone knows the ‘’Hall’’ itself is flawed so a couple glitches on this list are meaningless. The manner in which you consistently bring up other deserving musicians proves you are not a real fan but a troll.
A simple positive post about the band we love has you attempting to discredit their accomplishments by criticizing the list.

Once again. The only reason for you criticizing the Loudwire is it’s highlighting Dennis’s contributions. Can’t have that can you? Your obsession with Dennis is transparent to everyone on this site. If this list were all about Tommy you would not look for flaws you’d love it and everyone on this site knows it.

Olivia Newton John had 5 top ten pop hits before LRB had any. In response to yogi you wrongly claim that LRB the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac were as versatile as Styx. No they were not especially LRB. Your mentioning LRB is stupid when a better case could be made for REO or the Beatles.

Your premise regarding a prejudice toward Styx’s era of music is stupid, see Journey, Heart, Steve Miller, Doobie Brothers, Pat Benatar etc. and Tom Petty is a peer.

The thing you keep referring too about Styx and the hall was a Jann Wenner interview with Marc Maron where he stated bands like Boston, REO, Foreigner and Styx are names that had never come up. Translation, it was Jann Wenner’s prejudice who wouldn’t allow it. Didn't JY just recently in a radio interview claim it might of been because of argument he had with Wenner over the cover of Rolling Stone that caused the ill will.
Wenner has now stepped down and has been replaced by John Sykes and things have been changing so we can only hope. You don’t care if Styx get in but we do.

This is just another hate filled tirade about Dennis and his so called antics, which amounts to his calling for one last tour for the fans and their legacy. This is something that the vast majority of Styx fans want.
You say Styx is tired of hearing Dennis’s name come up wherever they go. Why, because the fans, the radio. the press and the promoters are aware, unlike you, of his importance and cannot understand why Shaw and Young just won’t do one last tour.

Disorganized fans.
Tommy and JY destroyed the Styx fan base when they replaced Dennis while he was sick in 1999 after two incredibly successful tours.
We the fans were all there again in the late 90’s excited to have them back when we were betrayed by Shaw and Young.
Then they further exacerbated the split with their disgraceful BTM appearance forcing their loyal fan base to choose sides. That’s why the fan base is disorganized. It has been destroyed by greed. And trolls like you.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:21 am

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:The list is not irrelevant you are.

Oh, please, if I were irrelevant, you would not spend time replying to me.

The minor discrepancies do not change the outcome of the listing regarding STYX accomplishments.

It is not 'minor' to completely fuck up an artists chart history...not mentioning all hit singles and posting the wrong positions for ALL of them that they do list. It is not 'minor' to completely leave other artists off the list. So, when you take Styx chart positions and compare it with others, as both you and Dennis did, you are comparing it with an inaccurate list. Therefore, it is completely invalid.

And this is what we true Styx fans care about.

There is no such thing as a "true" fan.

A simple positive post about the band we love has you attempting to discredit their accomplishments by criticizing the list.

I am NOT discrediting Styx...I am discrediting this list and the RnR HOF.

Can’t have that can you? Your obsession with Dennis is transparent to everyone on this site. If this list were all about Tommy you would not look for flaws you’d love it and everyone on this site knows it.

I have not done this AT ALL. I have NO IDEA what you are even talking about.

Olivia Newton John had 5 top ten pop hits before LRB had an

She was a COUNTRY singer that had cross over hits to the pop charts...the same as Kenny Rogers or Dolly Parton and the like. She was NOT into rock. Besides that, she was not even based in Australia but England and then the US. I don't even think you know what you are talking about. I love ONJ, she had one of the best voices ever, even late in her life. She was one of the few people who could literally sing anything well, but she was no rock singer until the late 70's. And, she can't open up a market for Australia when she was not even based there.

And, BTW, maybe you should argue with ONJ herself:
https://youtu.be/-vcGydWPbuU?t=118

In response to yogi you wrongly claim that LRB the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac were as versatile as Styx.

They absolutely were....just not in the EXACT SAME WAYS.

Your mentioning LRB is stupid when a better case could be made for REO or the Beatles.

The Beatles are already in the RnR HOF. REO will never even be discussed.

LRB opened up the Australian market to the US.
LRB was the first band to have Top 10 Hits for 6 consecutive years.

"Reminiscing" has been played well over 5 million times on American radio alone...earning recognition from BMI as one of America's most played songs...and the highest number ever for an Australian popular song. John Lennon once said it was his favorite song. "Lady" has also been played well over 4 million times.

They also have four lead singers in Glen Shorrock, Beeb Birtles, Graeham Goble and Wayne Nelson. Glenn Frey said LRB was the best singing band in the world.

LRB is a member of the ARIA Hall of Fame, Australia's version of the RnR HOF. They were inducted in 2004.

You are obviously ignorant and do not know what you are talking about.

Your premise regarding a prejudice toward Styx’s era of music is stupid see Journey, Heart, Steve Miller, Doobie Brothers, Pat Benatar etc. and Tom Petty is a peer.

Are you completely deranged? This is what was said:
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rock-ha ... gner-styx/

In a new episode of the WTF podcast, host Marc Maron asked, “Are there bands – and I know you’ve been accused of this before – are there bands you will not, you know, indulge at all? ... There’s been talk of you maybe stifling some people’s membership into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame that feel like they deserve it.”

Wenner replied, “There is talk of that, but I don’t control that. I’m not on the nominating committee.” Asked specifically about Foreigner, he said, “Nothing against Foreigner – in fact, I was very good friends with Mick Jones … but, you know, Foreigner’s name has never come up in a nominating committee to be nominated.”

Maron also asked about REO Speedwagon, Boston and Styx, but Wenner said none of them had been mentioned either. “No, that whole era, it doesn’t come up,” he noted. “I grew up in that era, I went to high school in that era,” Maron replied. “Well, you’re not gonna get in the Hall of Fame either!” Wenner joked. He went on to cite another example: “Bon Jovi – it took years for him to get in.”

So, That era of music is NOT EVEN DISCUSSED. Jann Wenner was NOT blocking anything. He was not even on the nominating committee. That was Dennis speculation and ignorant bullshit. It was also Dennis' bullshit when speculating about JY.

Again, Journey got in because FANS VOTED THEM IN. It had nothing to do with the nominating committee.

This is just another hate filled tirade about Dennis

You're wrong. It has to do with the RnR HOF.

Disorganized fans.
Tommy and JY destroyed the Styx fan base when they replaced Dennis while he was sick in 1999 after two incredibly successful tours.
We the fans were all there again in the late 90’s excited to have them back when we were betrayed by Shaw and Young.
Then they further exacerbated the split with their disgraceful BTM appearance forcing their loyal fan base to choose sides. That’s why the fan base is disorganized. It has been destroyed by greed. And trolls like you.
[/quote][/quote]

Thank you for admitting the fans are disorganized. So, now go and do something constructive. I don't think you can.
Monker
MP3

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:10 am

Monker, my original post is ALL positives. Your response is nothing but negatives.

Monker wrote:Oh, please, if I were irrelevant, you would not spend time replying to me.

I dont respond to you because you’re relevant but to point out to everyone on this site how pitiful your misplaced hatred of Dennis is by exposing you in your own words. And you are compulsively willing. All one needs to do is
observe how you ramble on obsessively with post after post. Having to have the last word. What’s wrong is that not allowed in your real life.
Your are a troll who is not a Styx fan but rather someone who’s personal life must be so meaningless that you search for ways to be heard. So you write negative things that you know will get a reaction. Hey I’m Monker I must be heard. Not only here but on the Journey site.

Monker wrote:It is not 'minor' to completely fuck up an artists chart history...not mentioning all hit singles and posting the wrong positions for ALL of them that they do list. It is not 'minor' to completely leave other artists off the list. So, when you take Styx chart positions and compare it with others, as both you and Dennis did, you are comparing it with an inaccurate list. Therefore, it is completely invalid.

The discrepancies on Loudwire are minor and irrelevant and Styx’s credentials are 100% correct as has been pointed out regarding them and the others at 16 top 40 hits. And were you a true Styx fan you wouldn’t be looking to find fault when it’s a win for Styx. No one on this site but you needed to investigate this good news only you. Looking for a way to discredit both Styx and Dennis whose songs are mostly responsible for Styx being on this list.

Monker wrote:There is no such thing as a "true" fan.

A true fan of any musical artist does not mean they are honor bound to love every song they record nor every album. Some songs and albums you will like more than others and some you may not even care for but through it all you stick (Styx) with them because you are a “true fan”. You don’t spend your time fixated on what you didn’t like but rather focusing on the hours of joy you received from their overall work.

Monker wrote:I am NOT discrediting Styx...I am discrediting this list and the RnR HOF.

Liar. You and everyone on this site know what you’re doing. Deny all you want, everyone knows your prejudice’s and yes in your own words.

Monker wrote:The Beatles are already in the RnR HOF. REO will never even be discussed.

LRB opened up the Australian market to the US.
LRB was the first band to have Top 10 Hits for 6 consecutive years.

"Reminiscing" has been played well over 5 million times on American radio alone...earning recognition from BMI as one of America's most played songs...and the highest number ever for an Australian popular song. John Lennon once said it was his favorite song. "Lady" has also been played well over 4 million times.

They also have four lead singers in Glen Shorrock, Beeb Birtles, Graeham Goble and Wayne Nelson. Glenn Frey said LRB was the best singing band in the world.

LRB is a member of the ARIA Hall of Fame, Australia's version of the RnR HOF. They were inducted in 2004.

You are obviously ignorant and do not know what you are talking about.

Go post your fake LRB concern on the LRB Melodic site. Oh yeah there isn’t one. Oh and the REO Beatle reference was about the list omissions not the Hall of Fame.

Give us examples of LRB’s versatility compared to Styx. I need a good laugh.

Monker wrote:Are you completely deranged? This is what was said:
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rock-ha ... gner-styx/

In a new episode of the WTF podcast, host Marc Maron asked, “Are there bands – and I know you’ve been accused of this before – are there bands you will not, you know, indulge at all? ... There’s been talk of you maybe stifling some people’s membership into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame that feel like they deserve it.”

Wenner replied, “There is talk of that, but I don’t control that. I’m not on the nominating committee.” Asked specifically about Foreigner, he said, “Nothing against Foreigner – in fact, I was very good friends with Mick Jones … but, you know, Foreigner’s name has never come up in a nominating committee to be nominated.”

Maron also asked about REO Speedwagon, Boston and Styx, but Wenner said none of them had been mentioned either. “No, that whole era, it doesn’t come up,” he noted. “I grew up in that era, I went to high school in that era,” Maron replied. “Well, you’re not gonna get in the Hall of Fame either!” Wenner joked. He went on to cite another example: “Bon Jovi – it took years for him to get in.”

So, That era of music is NOT EVEN DISCUSSED. Jann Wenner was NOT blocking anything. He was not even on the nominating committee. That was Dennis speculation and ignorant bullshit. It was also Dennis' bullshit when speculating about JY.

Again, Journey got in because FANS VOTED THEM IN. It had nothing to do with the nominating committee.

You're wrong. It has to do with the RnR HOF.

John Sykes took over from Jann Wenner in 2019 so from 1997 when Styx became eligible till then he ruled everything so he’s being disingenuous. And so are you. If Styx didn’t come up it was because his minions knew how Wenner felt. No Comment on JY’s Wenner feud?

Monker wrote:Thank you for admitting the fans are disorganized. So, now go and do something constructive. I don't think you can.

Still true.
Your turn to write 10 posts refuting everything. The last word must be yours.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:41 am

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:I dont respond to you because you’re relevant but to point out to everyone on this site how pitiful your misplaced hatred of Dennis is by exposing you in your own words.

Bullshit. If I were irrelevant, you would feel no need to reply.

You don't use 'my words' to expose anything. All you are doing is making shit up and inventing motives that don't exist.

A true fan of any musical artist does not mean they are honor bound to love every song they record nor every album. Some songs and albums you will like more than others and some you may not even care for but through it all you stick (Styx) with them because you are a “true fan”. You don’t spend your time fixated on what you didn’t like but rather focusing on the hours of joy you received from their overall work.

When people use terms like "true fan" or "casual fan" it is to prop themselves up or to push someone else down. When you say "true fan" all you are doing is trying to describe what you wish to be. There is no such thing. A fan is a fan. If someone says they are a fan, then they are. You don't know what is in their heart or head. All you know is what you WANT to believe. In fact, in regards to Styx and Tommy and JY moving on without Dennis, you sound more like Annie Wilkes in Misery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrRSo3a ... Movieclips

"I'm your number one fan", Annie Wilkes in Misery.

Liar. You and everyone on this site know what you’re doing. Deny all you want, everyone knows your prejudice’s and yes in your own words.

You are correct, I have critiqued the RnR HOF many times on this site. People SHOULD know that.

Go post your fake LRB concern on the LRB Melodic site. Oh yeah there isn’t one.

Correct. I think Andrew should added one a very long time ago. Not sure why he doesn't. But, I'm sure it would have just been another headache because of the BSG vs Stephen Housden stuff, then add John Farnham into the mix.

Give us examples of LRB’s versatility compared to Styx. I need a good laugh.

Ballerina would compare to, well, Ballerina :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Lnaqi ... Band-Topic

"Seine City" would compare to "Boat On the River"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3imYLb ... Band-Topic

"Orbit Zero" could be on "The Mission"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Fx2cS ... Band-Topic

Favorite ballad by LRB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7DmVEX ... Band-Topic

Favorite rock song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BgETCE ... nnel=Rocky

vocal harmonies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UygJWv ... Band-Topic

guitar harmonies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gfBf_t ... Band-Topic

LRB's "Come Sail Away"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvktyCp ... NDFounders
(with John Farnham) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JPLJk- ... eeTheRocks

Glenn Shorrock brought country music influences:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZNKUzB ... Band-Topic

Beeb Birtles brought in Christian music and soft pop influences
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QowbeEa ... Teimuraz67
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zFLEYQ ... Band-Topic

Graeham Goble brought in pop songwriting sensibilities in almost every song.

Together the brought in vocal harmonies that very few bands can match, or even come close to. Then they had John Farnham who is one of the greatest vocalists ever.

John Sykes took over from Jann Wenner in 2019 so from 1997 when Styx became eligible till then he ruled everything so he’s being disingenuous. And so are you. If Styx didn’t come up it was because his minions knew how Wenner felt.

Yeah, and Styx has been nominated how many times since 2019? ZERO.

Monker wrote:Thank you for admitting the fans are disorganized. So, now go and do something constructive. I don't think you can.

Still true.

it doesn't matter WHY. It is still true that you are so obsessed with it that you have no ability to do anything constructive. Thank you for proving my point.
Monker
MP3

Postby yogi » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:48 am

Monk, all Suite did was post what DDY had posted on his Facebook page and link the Loudwire article for us to read. That’s it and that’s what these bands fourms on this website are for. That’s all she did. She didn’t write or fact check the Loudwire article.

I’m very glad she posted this. I too think Styx is one of the greatest most versatile bands in the history of rock and roll. That includes all versions of Styx. If Suite wouldn’t of posted this I would have never seen it. I don’t have Facebook and I don’t look at Loudwire as much as I’d like to.
yogi
Stereo LP

Return to Styx