The Dennis DeYoung Band played last night in Dallas!

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

The Dennis DeYoung Band played last night in Dallas!

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:36 am

The DDY band played in Dallas last night.............. without DDY! :lol: Looks like they may have kicked him out of the band!!! Apparently they're tired or waiting around for him to come out of the basement.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Re: The Dennis DeYoung Band played last night in Dallas!

Postby yogi » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:52 am

Give it a rest ChiStyx. Without Dennis there is no Wooden Nickel Styx , Equinox, Crystal Ball, The Grand Illusion, Pieces Of Eight …….
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:16 am

yogi wrote:Give it a rest ChiStyx. Without Dennis there is no Wooden Nickel Styx , Equinox, Crystal Ball, The Grand Illusion, Pieces Of Eight …….

But yet the DDY band still lives on without him!? :lol:
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby yogi » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:09 am

And you should be happy about that. Obviously DDY has a shitty lawyer. If he had a good one or even a decent one we would all be seeing the Shaw/Young I Just Wanna Rock band teaming up with REO and all the others on tour. Their discography would read the same but the band name would be different.

Shaw/Young I Just Wanna Rock Band - Cyclorama
Shaw/Young I Just Wanna Rock Band - The Mission
Shaw/Young I Just Wanna Rock Band - Crash Of The Crown

* PSS - I didnt forget their covers album. I couldnt remember it's name
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:55 am

yogi wrote:And you should be happy about that. Obviously DDY has a shitty lawyer. If he had a good one or even a decent one we would all be seeing the Shaw/Young I Just Wanna Rock band teaming up with REO and all the others on tour. Their discography would read the same but the band name would be different.

Shaw/Young I Just Wanna Rock Band - Cyclorama
Shaw/Young I Just Wanna Rock Band - The Mission
Shaw/Young I Just Wanna Rock Band - Crash Of The Crown

* PSS - I didnt forget their covers album. I couldnt remember it's name

His lawyer must really suck because his old band is now using his name……. His next show will be billed as Denny, playing the music of the Dennis DeYoung Band. :lol:

The name Styx wouldn't do DDY any good since he doesn't tour. Styx has 4 of the members on stage each night that played on the 1996 reunion tour. Sorry but that is Styx. DDY is a show with his wife on stage and son running the lights. He can sing and write great songs but I don't think he really cares to do that much anymore. His live show recently has been nothing more than a mediocre lounge act. ("Give me a C, Give me a bouncy C")!

Also, it’s nice to have this debate, I don’t think it’s ever been discussed here in the past….. :lol:
Last edited by ChicagoSTYX on Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:51 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote: His live show recently has been nothing more than a mediocre lounge act. ("Give me a C, Give me a bouncy C")!

There's this band called Styx
I was in it 'til I got sick.
They kicked me out,
and I scream and shout

But, I was no longer part of Styx

Styx went on tour
So I decided to sue
But, I lost the name
and they're to blame

And, they still call themselves Styx

So, I feel left out
and I continue to pout
They won't even talk to me
If that is how it has to be

I will never be part of Styx

Dah, dah, dah. Dee dee dee. And, whatever the hell else you want to throw into it.
Monker
MP3

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:58 am

Monker wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote: His live show recently has been nothing more than a mediocre lounge act. ("Give me a C, Give me a bouncy C")!

There's this band called Styx
I was in it 'til I got sick.
They kicked me out,
and I scream and shout

But, I was no longer part of Styx

Styx went on tour
So I decided to sue
But, I lost the name
and they're to blame

And, they still call themselves Styx

So, I feel left out
and I continue to pout
They won't even talk to me
If that is how it has to be

I will never be part of Styx

Dah, dah, dah. Dee dee dee. And, whatever the hell else you want to throw into it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:03 am

yogi wrote:Obviously DDY has a shitty lawyer.

I disagree. I think he sued more for royalties than the name...and used the name as a negotiating tool. He was never going to win the name...it was pretty obvious. He even filed for summary judgement at one point, IMO, to either get it over with or force a settlement. They settled soon after and he lost the name. IMO, he wanted to tour using "Styx" as part of his advertising, "Dennis DeYoung and the Music of Styx". Also, IMO, I think Dennis felt Styx would fail without him and would beg him to come back. That is why he signed the settlement, he got what he wanted...past royalties and the ability to tour as "Dennis DeYoung and the music of Styx".
Monker
MP3

Postby Hollywood » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:22 am

Monker wrote:

I disagree. I think he sued more for royalties than the name...and used the name as a negotiating tool. He was never going to win the name...it was pretty obvious. He even filed for summary judgement at one point, IMO, to either get it over with or force a settlement. They settled soon after and he lost the name. IMO, he wanted to tour using "Styx" as part of his advertising, "Dennis DeYoung and the Music of Styx". Also, IMO, I think Dennis felt Styx would fail without him and would beg him to come back. That is why he signed the settlement, he got what he wanted...past royalties and the ability to tour as "Dennis DeYoung and the music of Styx".

This.

The band breakup suits are always about the division of assets and nothing to do with actual lawsuits. DDY, JY, Chuck, and Tommy all owned the name at the time. It was 3 against 1. No way he was winning. It was all about valuation. He deserved to be compensated for his 1/4th of the business.
"We Were Born To Be Loved'"
Hollywood
LP

Postby Jodes » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:17 pm

yogi wrote:Give it a rest ChiStyx. Without Dennis there is no Wooden Nickel Styx , Equinox, Crystal Ball, The Grand Illusion, Pieces Of Eight …….

GASP I agree without Dennis there wouldn't be Wooden Nickel Styx or Equinox.

BUT

Well without Tommy Shaw there wouldn't be any Crystal Ball, The Grand Illusion, Pieces of Eight...

Yet some in the DDY camp still believe that Dennis was the only reason why those albums were so big. Without Tommy Shaw being found by Jim Vose, Styx wouldn't have been the band we have today.
Jodes
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:55 am

Hollywood wrote:
Monker wrote:

This.

The band breakup suits are always about the division of assets and nothing to do with actual lawsuits. DDY, JY, Chuck, and Tommy all owned the name at the time. It was 3 against 1. No way he was winning. It was all about valuation. He deserved to be compensated for his 1/4th of the business.

Tommy was never a partner in the business and it was Chuck who ultimately decided what would happen moving forward as only Dennis, JY and Chuck had voting rights. Chuck sided with JY (and Tommy) and that was it.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xp ... story.html
StyxGuy
LP

Postby Monker » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:51 am

StyxGuy wrote:Tommy was never a partner in the business and it was Chuck who ultimately decided what would happen moving forward as only Dennis, JY and Chuck had voting rights. Chuck sided with JY (and Tommy) and that was it.

That article is blocked behind a pay wall.

Regardless, the point is that Dennis was never going to win the name. Any good lawyer would have told him that. The best he could do was use it as a bargaining issue, "Ok, you keep the name but allow me to tour using my Styx legacy." IMO, that is what happened. That, and he won his share of the royalties that were not paid.
Monker
MP3

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:13 am

Monker wrote:
StyxGuy wrote:Tommy was never a partner in the business and it was Chuck who ultimately decided what would happen moving forward as only Dennis, JY and Chuck had voting rights. Chuck sided with JY (and Tommy) and that was it.

That article is blocked behind a pay wall.

Regardless, the point is that Dennis was never going to win the name. Any good lawyer would have told him that. The best he could do was use it as a bargaining issue, "Ok, you keep the name but allow me to tour using my Styx legacy." IMO, that is what happened. That, and he won his share of the royalties that were not paid.

You can read it if ad blockers are turned off but here's the excerpt for ya :)

The feud came to a head in 2000, when DeYoung, suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome, battled to prevent the rest of the band from touring without him under the name Styx. Eventually a settlement was reached that allowed Styx sans DeYoung to keep the name, while DeYoung, who now tours with new arrangements and a symphony orchestra, can bill himself as "playing the music of Styx."

"That's when I wielded the most power I've ever had in the band, after my brother passed away," Panozzo says. "My vote determined who would get the name Styx."

Panozzo sided with Shaw and Young in part because he agreed with them on the band's direction, but also because he felt slighted by DeYoung during the recording of the album Brave New World in 1999.

By this time Panozzo, who had been in denial for years about his AIDS symptoms, was on an aggressive cycle of drugs. As a result, he was too weak to play the bass parts on the new songs.

DeYoung, one of the band's chief songwriters, argued that Panozzo's name should be left off the album. Even though Shaw and Young stood up for their old friend, Panozzo gathered his strength, went into the studio and recorded the bass parts for two songs.

"I said 'If I don't work on it, I don't want credit,'" Panozzo says. "I'll take up the challenge of going in there and recording something. And I did. Afterward I got 10 phone calls congratulating me. But if I had one thing determining my decision to go with Tommy and JY instead of Dennis, that was it."
StyxGuy
LP

Postby yogi » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:52 am

WOW if that's true its almost twisted logic by Dennis.

Chuck is too weak from AIDS to record the bass parts on the BNW album so Dennis doesn't want to give him credits on the album.
Dennis can't tour because he's too weak from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Tommy doesn't want to finish the album if Dennis can't tour because it's not in his best interest to finish the album.
Dennis is too weak to tour from his illness but doesn't want the band to tour without him.
JY has yet to even come into this equation but then he makes the "his way or the highway" and something about ice freezing on the River Styx on BTM and now everyone hates Dennis.

Crazy Crazy Shit!

PSS if this is how it happened regarding Chucks situation with Dennis, how was Dennis so ignorant at the time that he couldn't relate to Chuck's illness & weakness?? That's baffling because during that time frame Dennis was becoming or had become sick himself.

Good people make bad decisions all the time regarding others. Gotta forgive.
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Hollywood » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:36 am

StyxGuy wrote:
Hollywood wrote:
yogi wrote:

Tommy was never a partner in the business and it was Chuck who ultimately decided what would happen moving forward as only Dennis, JY and Chuck had voting rights. Chuck sided with JY (and Tommy) and that was it.

I really have doubts that Tommy would have come back to Styx as a hired gun. He had too much leverage in making the 96/97 tours reunions.
"We Were Born To Be Loved'"
Hollywood
LP

Postby Cassie May » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:07 am

yogi wrote:WOW if that's true its almost twisted logic by Dennis.

Chuck is too weak from AIDS to record the bass parts on the BNW album so Dennis doesn't want to give him credits on the album.
Dennis can't tour because he's too weak from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Tommy doesn't want to finish the album if Dennis can't tour because it's not in his best interest to finish the album.
Dennis is too weak to tour from his illness but doesn't want the band to tour without him.
JY has yet to even come into this equation but then he makes the "his way or the highway" and something about ice freezing on the River Styx on BTM and now everyone hates Dennis.

Crazy Crazy Shit!

PSS if this is how it happened regarding Chucks situation with Dennis, how was Dennis so ignorant at the time that he couldn't relate to Chuck's illness & weakness?? That's baffling because during that time frame Dennis was becoming or had become sick himself.

Good people make bad decisions all the time regarding others. Gotta forgive.

It's absolutely true. If I remember correctly, Sterling wrote about it in his book, as did Chuck in his. My books are packed for a move, or else I'd double check. I also wondered why DDY was so callous toward Chuck and his illness. Chuck was totally supported by everyone but him.
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby yogi » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:14 am

I read Sterling's book. I don't remember that at all. I did not read Chucks book. I don't doubt that it happened & It explains a lot.
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:38 pm

Well, IMO, DDY is a narcissist and they do not feel empathy. So it doesn't surprise me that he would treat someone that way. To him, it is probably simple logic and emotions never influenced his thoughts.

Also, I remember reading this story before, about ddy not wanting to give him credit and Chuck feeling forced to record a couple songs.
Monker
MP3

Postby yogi » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:49 am

Furtherest thing from a narcissist. Dennis was the bands leader when he was in the band.

Ask Tommy when they left the studio after recording their first new album with Tommy in the band what song was the first single? Ask Tommy what the title track was. You can also ask Glen the exact same question. Ask Tommy who showed up at Borders in Chicago to sing with him and help promote Tommy’s solo 7DZ album. Ask all the living members who desperately wanted to continue as a band after Tommy left Styx what the leader of Styx said.

In no way shape or form is DDY a narcissist. Dennis was the bands leader just like Tommy is now. All bands, sports teams etc have to have a leader.

Glen was a solo artist for a long time. After he played with DDY led Styx and TS led Styx he went back and did a few DDY solo performances. He was quoted as saying that Tommy had turned into Dennis and doing the same type of things Dennis did and making the same type of decisions Dennis had made once he became the leader of Styx.
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:35 pm

yogi wrote:Furtherest thing from a narcissist. Dennis was the bands leader when he was in the band.

I completely disagree. Almost every interview, almost every question, he uses it to glorify himself and diminish others. He can't say that Crystal Ball was a wonderful song that Tommy brought to the band and shows how great of a songwriter he is and what a great addition to Styx he is. No. He has to add on that he changed the song to "Styx" it up...in other words, Tommy isn't good enough for his standards. When asked about Gowan, Dennis says any player can learn the parts to replace somebody but vocally HE is the best Dennis, and Gowan is the best Gowan. In other words, he can't compliment Gowan on his playing...he's nothing special, and Dennis CAN'T be replaced in Styx. He said Tommy wrote this great song, "I Will Be Your Witness", but if HE had been allowed to produce it, it would have been a top 10 song. I could go on and on and on.

He is a HORRIBLE leader. A great leader does not REQUIRE people to follow him and do what he says. A great leader INSPIRES people to want to follow him and look to him for guidance. Obviously, NOBODY in Styx felt that way about Dennis.

Ask Tommy when they left the studio after recording their first new album with Tommy in the band what song was the first single?

Ask Dennis the same question and he would probably say that he was responsible for how that song sounds, why it was written the way it was, and it just wasn't "Styx" enough without his tweaks. He does not answer such questions without saying how important HE is. THAT is narcissism.

In no way shape or form is DDY a narcissist.

He shows NO empathy. Embellishes his own contributions while diminishing others. Never lifts others up unless he can lift himself up further...and on and on and on. He is a narcissist...a very classic example.

Dennis was the bands leader just like Tommy is now.

Not like Tommy. On Cyclorama, ALL members of Styx got equal credit for production....according to Dennis, he produced ALL Styx albums, whether given credit or not. I never hear Tommy saying narcissistic stuff like "Todd's a great drummer. Song X is a great example, he had this idea for the drums and I told him to do it like this and wow he sounds so great." Dennis does that over and over and over again. Dennis produced all the albums. Dennis is responsible for their sound. Dennis is responsible for the singles. Dennis is God. THAT is narcissism.

All bands, sports teams etc have to have a leader.

So what. Some of them are narcissists.

Donald Trump is the leader of the Republican party...just cuz he is a "leader" does not mean he is not a narcissist.

Glen was a solo artist for a long time. After he played with DDY led Styx and TS led Styx he went back and did a few DDY solo performances. He was quoted as saying that Tommy had turned into Dennis and doing the same type of things Dennis did and making the same type of decisions Dennis had made once he became the leader of Styx.

Show me the article. What I remember is he left Styx because radio and the labels focused on Tommy's songs. No matter how good songs like "Kiss Your Ass Goodbye" are, they would never be a single or played on the radio because Tommy wasn't singing. Also, there were too many singers in Styx already...having four lead singers was a bit of overkill and you end up arguing to get just a couple songs on an album.

Glen was only with the band for ONE album after BNW. I don't see how he could even make the judgements you state. Also, he joked about joining DDY in concert and how fans were forcing him to pick sides when he really didn't have one...that maybe he would join Styx on stage and really confuse people. Just because he gets along with Dennis does NOT mean he hates the guys in Styx.

I wish Zan were here, I know she would have some things to say.
Monker
MP3

Postby yogi » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:13 am

Couldn’t disagree with you more about this one Monk. No way on earth could you ever say that about anyone without knowing that person and his/her daily actions. It’s one of those words that now gets thrown around like racist.

Furthermore Dennis has over and over again put bandmates and others in the spotlight, even when he probably shouldn’t have. A person who is truly a narcissist would never do that. Furthermore again Glen did publicly state that the longer he worked for Tommy led Styx it became the exact same as Dennis led Styx.

To me that’s not a negative at all aimed at either Tommy or Dennis. Tommy is now the leader and has been since 1999. Dennis was the leader from 1972 til the end of the Return To The Grand Illusion Tour. All groups need leaders, and good leaders do what they feel is in the best interest of the group. Dennis refusing to go on with Styx without Tommy was a decision Dennis made that he felt was in the best interest of the Styx name. Tommy’s decision to move on from Dennis is a decision he felt was in the best interest of current Styx.

In both cases I believe they are both correct. Neither is a narcissist. Both are the groups leaders.
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:49 am

yogi wrote:Furthermore Dennis has over and over again put bandmates and others in the spotlight, even when he probably shouldn’t have. A person who is truly a narcissist would never do that.

Flat out not true. A narcissist props up others to bring attention to himself. He didn't prop up Tommy to bring attention to Tommy to say that Tommy did a wonderful job on Crystal Ball. He propped up Tommy to bring attention to HIMSELF so HE could take credit for Crystal Ball and how HE knows what is best for Styx and the Styx' "sound" that HE invented and claims all credit for...so any popularity is in spite Tommy and HE deserves the credit...not Tommy Shaw. THAT is a narcissist.

If any of Glen's contributions to Edge had been a big hit, I think he would have done the same to Glen. Glen basically has a cult following and that's about it. Not much there for Dennis to take credit for.

Furthermore again Glen did publicly state that the longer he worked for Tommy led Styx it became the exact same as Dennis led Styx.

Again, I ask for the article where that was said. It has happened too often where somebody WANTS to believe something and then takes a sentence out of an article, or comment, and looks at it completely out of context so they can prove something that was not the intent of whoever said it.

All groups need leaders

And, as I said, just because you are a leader does not mean you are not a narcissist.

good leaders do what they feel is in the best interest of the group.

As I said, good leaders do not demand people follow them, but inspire people to follow them. Dennis demanded certain decisions...and continues to try to do it to this day...demanding a reunion. Dennis is an absolutely HORRIBLE leader. It seems to me that being a member of Styx was akin to signing a loyalty contract to Dennis DeYoung.

Dennis refusing to go on with Styx without Tommy was a decision Dennis made that he felt was in the best interest of the Styx name.

n 1989, he certainly did not give a damn about Tommy being in Styx, since Tommy called him REPEATEDLY to ask when he would be ready to do Styx again. And, it didn't matter to him so much that Tommy was not there when he DID run out of promo for his final album on his solo contract. When it was in HIS best interest to replace Tommy, he did. When it is in HIS best interest to argue that he did not want to continue without Tommy, he argues that - years after it all happened. I think he is full of shit and when Tommy went solo, he did too.

Tommy’s decision to move on from Dennis is a decision he felt was in the best interest of current Styx.

It was a group decision, not just Tommy's....as is proven by Chuck's comments in an earlier post.

You and Cassie asked how Dennis could act like that towards Chuck. Narcissists DO NOT FEEL EMPATHY. They do not know how to put themselves in someone elses shoes and feel what they are feeling. THAT is what I think happened. IMO, it is not only this about Chuck having AIDS, but about why the band revolted in 1980, why the band insults his love of Broadway, why the band is tired of his repeated ballads, why the band tired of his constantly demanding to have the final say on so many decisions. He does not know how to empathize and understand how other people feel - because he is a narcissist.

In both cases I believe they are both correct. Neither is a narcissist. Both are the groups leaders.

And, I find it ironic that this argument is an extension of Dennis' own argument and using his words. What Dennis fails to see is that his reasoning of being a "leader" and ultimately responsible for all this good "stuff", while not accepting any blame for the bad "stuff" is the very reason why he was fired from Styx. He is a narcissist. A bad leader. Ultimately, a toxic person for the band to even communicate with.
Monker
MP3

Postby yogi » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:56 am

If I told you I heard straight out of Glen's mouth while he autographed a 2 for 1 CD of Equinox & Edge Of The Century + a Cyclorama CD a Welcome To Hollywood CD and a Pollakville CD. Would you believe me ?? I highly doubt it.
We were in Wisconsin. Suite was nice enough to get me & my wife to the soundcheck, backstage for the show + the meet & greet at a DDY concert that Glen was playing with Dennis & his band. My wife was right next to me as I talked to Glen as we both sat on some steps after the concert & after I had met Dennis and he had autographed a T shirt and a cell phone for us. Glen and I with my wife listening talked for at least 15 minutes while I guess he waited for Dennis to wrap up the meet & greet. I told him how much I loved Cyclorama and that I loved all his work in Styx. Nicest star I have ever met. I talked about baseball and coaching it and he seemed interested whether he was or not. Anyway believe it or not
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby StyxGuy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:52 am

yogi wrote:If I told you I heard straight out of Glen's mouth while he autographed a 2 for 1 CD of Equinox & Edge Of The Century + a Cyclorama CD a Welcome To Hollywood CD and a Pollakville CD. Would you believe me ?? I highly doubt it.
We were in Wisconsin. Suite was nice enough to get me & my wife to the soundcheck, backstage for the show + the meet & greet at a DDY concert that Glen was playing with Dennis & his band. My wife was right next to me as I talked to Glen as we both sat on some steps after the concert & after I had met Dennis and he had autographed a T shirt and a cell phone for us. Glen and I with my wife listening talked for at least 15 minutes while I guess he waited for Dennis to wrap up the meet & greet. I told him how much I loved Cyclorama and that I loved all his work in Styx. Nicest star I have ever met. I talked about baseball and coaching it and he seemed interested whether he was or not. Anyway believe it or not

I met Glenn, Todd and JY after my first Styx concert back in 2000. Glenn and Todd had their own bus (JY, Tommy and Lawrence shared another) and they were already on it but they ended up popping their heads out the window and saw me hanging around so they came out and took a photo and had a chat with me for what felt like 10-20 minutes.

When the other guys came out, I went over but only got to meet JY - which wasn't the most pleasant experience.. I asked for an autograph and got it, then asked for a photo and he just said "make it quick" (that photo didn't turn out unfortunately!) and just seemed to be bothered by the hassle of meeting fans.. Tommy and Lawrence had b-lined it to the bus before I got over there, I think I saw them do a few autographs but they didn't hang around.

I got to meet Dennis a few years down the road and lucked out thanks to who I think was his manager. I was behind a few people, right after an autograph hunter who had Dennis sign like a dozen record sleeves.. he turned around to get in his car and the manager saw me and was like "oh did you want to meet Dennis?" of course I told him "yes" :P So he stopped Dennis from getting in the car and immediately Dennis turned around and gave me a warm greeting. I got autographs and a picture with him.. while standing beside him for the photo (he pulled right up beside me with his arm around me) he looks at me and says "holy shit! how old are you?!" seemingly surprised that some 'kid' (I was ~25) wanted to meet him :D :P

I hope with JY it was just an off night for him, he was gracious enough to give me his time but he honestly just seemed so miserable... though it was like the day after Dennis submitted his lawsuit, so JY could have had other things on this mind :P
StyxGuy
LP

Postby Monker » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:40 pm

yogi wrote:If I told you I heard straight out of Glen's mouth while he autographed a 2 for 1 CD of Equinox & Edge Of The Century + a Cyclorama CD a Welcome To Hollywood CD and a Pollakville CD. Would you believe me ?? I highly doubt it.

You said, " Furthermore again Glen did publicly state that the longer he worked for Tommy led Styx it became the exact same as Dennis led Styx."

In fact, you said it TWICE. I say, where is it, what article? What "public statement"?

What you say above is a PRIVATE statement made TO YOU. It's not a matter of believing you, or not. It's me wanting to judge what he said myself. I want to read the article. I want to hear the interview. I want to know what the conversation was about. I want to know what he said before and after. All of this puts it in context so I can judge his comment myself.
Monker
MP3

Postby yogi » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:58 am

So if it's private does it make it any less true? And it wasn't private. My wife was there listening. Other people were standing around us. And when he said it he wasn't slamming Dennis or Tommy at all. Hell he had just finished playing with Dennis and he had done 100's upon 100's of grueling concerts with Tommy and Styx. He wasn't slighting either one of them.

That back stage show I attended, along with the sound check & meet & greet thanks to Suite was one of the coolest things I've ever done. What I noticed most was that Dennis had surrounded himself with some of the nicest people I had ever met for 1 night in my life. We talked to his manager Tim Orchid for what seemed like hours. You talk about a great guy and he loves Dennis. DDY's son Matthew was as nice as could be. The guys in the band that we met were all fantastic. Every single one of them went out of their way to make the night perfect. Dennis along with Tim led all of that.

You couldn't be more wrong with the narcissist statement.
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:52 am

yogi wrote:So if it's private does it make it any less true? And it wasn't private. My wife was there listening. Other people were standing around us. And when he said it he wasn't slamming Dennis or Tommy at all. Hell he had just finished playing with Dennis and he had done 100's upon 100's of grueling concerts with Tommy and Styx. He wasn't slighting either one of them.

That back stage show I attended, along with the sound check & meet & greet thanks to Suite was one of the coolest things I've ever done. What I noticed most was that Dennis had surrounded himself with some of the nicest people I had ever met for 1 night in my life. We talked to his manager Tim Orchid for what seemed like hours. You talk about a great guy and he loves Dennis. DDY's son Matthew was as nice as could be. The guys in the band that we met were all fantastic. Every single one of them went out of their way to make the night perfect. Dennis along with Tim led all of that.

You couldn't be more wrong with the narcissist statement.

I have also personally seen the exact opposite of what you are describing from Dennis in 1996. I also have a friend who was a roadie for Styx in the early 70s who said DDY was a pompous dick. No articles to support that either.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby LtVanish » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:48 am

I hope DDY and Styx never get back together, they are all past their prime performing wise. Dennis can't sing like he used to, he is an old man. Everyone saying he isn't touring, why should he? Most people retire before 70. Styx with Tommy is dated, the 2 new albums do not hold up at all, they sound generic to me, sterile songs, not good, both albums are shelved here, I can't listen to them anymore. I saw the band last in 2017 and it was a terrible performance, they play slow, the songs sound out of tempo now. I watched some clips recently and its only gotten worse. The whole scrubbing DDY out of Styx history is so weirld also. I have to say Tommy is a real creepy dude also, his interviews are not natural at all. I used to be a fan of this current line up of the band, but I'm not now, turns out Tommy and JY are not good dudes at all. Why would DDY want to be around these creeps?

So what is the recycled tour package this summer?
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:01 am

LtVanish wrote:I hope DDY and Styx never get back together, they are all past their prime performing wise. Dennis can't sing like he used to, he is an old man. Everyone saying he isn't touring, why should he? Most people retire before 70. Styx with Tommy is dated, the 2 new albums do not hold up at all, they sound generic to me, sterile songs, not good, both albums are shelved here, I can't listen to them anymore. I saw the band last in 2017 and it was a terrible performance, they play slow, the songs sound out of tempo now. I watched some clips recently and its only gotten worse. The whole scrubbing DDY out of Styx history is so weirld also. I have to say Tommy is a real creepy dude also, his interviews are not natural at all. I used to be a fan of this current line up of the band, but I'm not now, turns out Tommy and JY are not good dudes at all. Why would DDY want to be around these creeps?

So what is the recycled tour package this summer?

:lol: there is a perfect example of someone who thought they were seeing Styx but it turned out they were at a 2017 DDY show.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Return to Styx