WHY HAVE WE HAD NO POSTS SINCE APRIL?

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

WHY HAVE WE HAD NO POSTS SINCE APRIL?

Postby yogi » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:45 am

Why?

Styx is alive and going strong and Dennis is a living legend.

So why??
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: WHY HAVE WE HAD NO POSTS SINCE APRIL?

Postby styxdudebrandon » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:19 am

I have no idea. Nothing new to talk about I guess?

I do wonder though, is Dennis ever going to tour again, or is he done?

I really hope he is not done.
styxdudebrandon
45 RPM

Postby Cassie May » Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:51 pm

It seems like any time a post is made it gets shot down.. But, I will venture forth with some recent news.

Tommy's daughter married on April 2.

In an interview, Tommy stated that the band has a lot of new music written; they just need to record it. They are planning on releasing a new album next year.

Sterling mentioned on FB that he is still working on an updated Grand Delusion. He said he has some great new interviews.

That's it; that's all I've seen.
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby yogi » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:50 pm

I came up with a 50 date festival type tour for 2024

Styx ( Glen Burtnik on selected songs)
Dennis Deyoung & the Music of Styx ( Glen B on selected songs)
Damn Yankees
Night Ranger
Glen Burtnik & Lawerence Gowan open
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:20 am

To be honest - I generally avoid this place because things almost always seem to turn into a toxic swamp where conversations devolve into personal attacks between people.
StyxGuy
LP

Postby Andrew » Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:05 pm

StyxGuy wrote:To be honest - I generally avoid this place because things almost always seem to turn into a toxic swamp where conversations devolve into personal attacks between people.

Yep!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Archetype » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:05 am

The exact same people bickering over the exact same shit over and over again gets a little old
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby yogi » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:13 am

What if you get tired over and over about the people that complain about the constant bickering?

EVERYONE just come back and lets start the bickering and the complaining about all the bickering and complaining one more time.
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:24 am

Here is the problem as I see it:

Cassie made a great post about the current news about Styx...thank you for that BTW, it was good to read.

Instead of using that and replying with ANY type of conversation, you all chose to complain that the talk here is not what you like. You choose to reply to and what not to reply to. You choose what gets your attention and what doesn't. You have CHOSEN to give all your attention to the "negative" stuff - and nothing else. THAT is the problem, IMO.
Monker
MP3

Postby Cassie May » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:32 am

Monker wrote:Here is the problem as I see it:

Cassie made a great post about the current news about Styx...thank you for that BTW, it was good to read.

Instead of using that and replying with ANY type of conversation, you all chose to complain that the talk here is not what you like. You choose to reply to and what not to reply to. You choose what gets your attention and what doesn't. You have CHOSEN to give all your attention to the "negative" stuff - and nothing else. THAT is the problem, IMO.

Thank you, Monker. Not only for noticing my post, but for also pointing out the main problem with this site.

I joined here years ago, thinking this was a place I could converse with fellow Styx fans, share news of the band, discuss their music, etc. Initially, it seemed that way. There was a large, interesting group of people who posted, and what was written was intetesting. Yes, there was arguing and debate, but for the most part it was respectful. All that began to disintegrate when loud mouths like Froy took over and shouted down anyone who disagreed with him. After he was banned, Toph took over. A lot of people left, and I dropped to lurker status, as anytime I posted anything, I was called a Tommy bathwater drinker. That was not what I was looking for in a fan site.

The thing is, there is occasionally news about the band worthy of discussion, but some people want to keep beating the same dead horse over and over and live in the past. I am tired of seeing the same crap regurgitated repeatedly. Perhaps that is the reason no one has posted since April.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby Archetype » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:25 am

Which post are you referring to?
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:18 am

Archetype wrote:

Which post are you referring to?

Cassie said:

It seems like any time a post is made it gets shot down.. But, I will venture forth with some recent news.

Tommy's daughter married on April 2.

In an interview, Tommy stated that the band has a lot of new music written; they just need to record it. They are planning on releasing a new album next year.

Sterling mentioned on FB that he is still working on an updated Grand Delusion. He said he has some great new interviews.

That's it; that's all I've seen.

I am saying:

People would rather complain about negative stuff than reply to the positive stuff that they say they want.

Model the behavior you WANT to see, not complain and emulate the behavior you say you don't like.
Monker
MP3

Postby Archetype » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:49 pm

There’s not really a lot to say to that. Tommy’s daughter isn’t Styx news, and we’ve already discussed that Styx’s label asked for a follow up to Crash of the Crown a while back.
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:47 am

I'm always looking forward to a new Styx album.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:57 am

I'll be posting lots of updates once we get some info on the new album. Not much to talk about now. They are playing lots of shows this summer and doing well. DDY is still MIA (that's what retirement does to you), no big fights/law suits, arguments, accusations, incoherent ramblings, or guys who can longer sing to discuss. If you're looking for that, stop by the Journey board. 8)
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:53 am

Archetype wrote:There’s not really a lot to say to that. Tommy’s daughter isn’t Styx news, and we’ve already discussed that Styx’s label asked for a follow up to Crash of the Crown a while back.

Tommy's daughter is as much "Styx news" as DDY's wife, or JY's wife, or Suzanne's sister, Dawn, having cancer. All of which have been discussed here.

Hannah basically ran "Rock to the Rescue" for years, gathering donations for local charities for every city Styx performed in. Cassie may know more, but she has worked "for" Styx and I'm pretty sure she toured with them.

Yes, we heard about the label requesting a new album.....but nothing much since. So, it is good to hear something new. Just because the label wants something does not mean it is in the band's current plans to deliver (tour, tour, tour).
Monker
MP3

Postby Cassie May » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:34 pm

Monker wrote:
Archetype wrote:There’s not really a lot to say to that. Tommy’s daughter isn’t Styx news, and we’ve already discussed that Styx’s label asked for a follow up to Crash of the Crown a while back.

Tommy's daughter is as much "Styx news" as DDY's wife, or JY's wife, or Suzanne's sister, Dawn, having cancer. All of which have been discussed here.

Hannah basically ran "Rock to the Rescue" for years, gathering donations for local charities for every city Styx performed in. Cassie may know more, but she has worked "for" Styx and I'm pretty sure she toured with them.

Yes, we heard about the label requesting a new album.....but nothing much since. So, it is good to hear something new. Just because the label wants something does not mean it is in the band's current plans to deliver (tour, tour, tour).

Thanks again, Monker.

Yes, Hannah ran Rock to the Rescue for Styx. She toured with the band and appeared onstage every night to give away guitars signed by the band.

There is another piece of news. On the StyxWorld site was a section called Styxology, in which writer Mike Mettler wrote OTT puff pieces about the band, anniversaries of their albums, etc. That section and Mettler have vanished. No one is saying why, but Zan (remember her?) said on FB that there are unsavory allegations about him. Oy, the scandal! That is interesting because it was said that Mettler was writing an authorized bio on the band. I questioned how impartial it could be, and how truthful, as DDY probably would not have met with Mettler. So, we just keep waiting on Sterling and his update.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:23 am

Cassie May wrote:
Monker wrote:

Thanks again, Monker.

Yes, Hannah ran Rock to the Rescue for Styx. She toured with the band and appeared onstage every night to give away guitars signed by the band.

There is another piece of news. On the StyxWorld site was a section called Styxology, in which writer Mike Mettler wrote OTT puff pieces about the band, anniversaries of their albums, etc. That section and Mettler have vanished. No one is saying why, but Zan (remember her?) said on FB that there are unsavory allegations about him. Oy, the scandal! That is interesting because it was said that Mettler was writing an authorized bio on the band. I questioned how impartial it could be, and how truthful, as DDY probably would not have met with Mettler. So, we just keep waiting on Sterling and his update.

I remember Zan.... I thought she was always fair and kind in her comments. How is she?
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Cassie May » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:45 pm

I remember Zan.... I thought she was always fair and kind in her comments. How is she?

I don't know Zan; I just know her name from her posts here years ago. She posts now on some FB Styx pages. She is still fair in her comments.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby Monker » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:10 pm

Cassie May wrote:I remember Zan.... I thought she was always fair and kind in her comments. How is she?

I don't know Zan; I just know her name from her posts here years ago. She posts now on some FB Styx pages. She is still fair in her comments.

Yes, I remember Zan, too. She had great contacts with Glen and knows some other old time fans that I know from way back when, She definitely has good info, too. Did not know she is on FB Styx pages. I sort of turned away from FB the past few years or so.
Monker
MP3

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:26 am

Cassie May wrote:
Thanks again, Monker.

Wow - If true about Mettler I could only imagine how bad Tommy must feel about that... not that it's his 'fault', but the only reason Mettler ever got involved in Styx was because he is Tommy's friend. He's supposedly been working on the biography since 2016... I'm not sure if the new albums kept pushing it back but it doesn't take 7 years to write a biography about Styx... Their story isn't that hard to tell unless you're trying to white-wash things or trying to figure out how not to include certain band members..... which would make for a shitty autobiography.

Seems like his involvement with Styx ended in Jan/Feb as there has been no news on the Styx website since Feb and his own website (SoundBoard) hasn't had any updates since Jan but he's still producing content for Analog Planet. Never charged with anything, just allegations?
StyxGuy
LP

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:37 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:

Zan's doing pretty good. She's a friend of mine on Facebook. She also posts on the DDY & August/Jimmy pages, Glen's page and a variety of Styx Facebook pages.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Zan » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:35 am

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:

Zan's doing pretty good. She's a friend of mine on Facebook. She also posts on the DDY & August/Jimmy pages, Glen's page and a variety of Styx Facebook pages.

and just like Beetlejuice (another name that will be coming back next year), she appears after you say her name 3 times (or maybe it was 4?)

Anyway, doing a-ok over here. Kids are big (one is married). Still married to Dr. Paul. Livin' the dream.

Where's ADAM at? ;-)

The "official" word on Mettler is that he's moved onto other projects. Let's go with that!

How's it going over here?
-Zan :)

believe me, i know my Styx

Shiny things
Zan
Stereo LP

Postby Zan » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:40 am

yogi wrote:I came up with a 50 date festival type tour for 2024

Damn Yankees
Night Ranger

I see no reason whatsoever that this won't happen. lol
-Zan :)

believe me, i know my Styx

Shiny things
Zan
Stereo LP

Postby StyxCollector » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:46 pm

Zan wrote:
yogi wrote:I came up with a 50 date festival type tour for 2024

Damn Yankees
Night Ranger

I see no reason whatsoever that this won't happen. lol

I chuckled.
StyxCollector
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxGuy » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:35 am

For what it's worth RE: Mike Mettler - I commented on a Facebook post of his asking what was up with the Styx biography and he's either blocked me or got rid of his account... wonder why....
StyxGuy
LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:59 am

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:

Thanks for the update Suite!
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Return to Styx