LETS HAVE ONE LAST TOUR ABOUT STYX'S BICKERING FANS

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

LETS HAVE ONE LAST TOUR ABOUT STYX'S BICKERING FANS

Postby yogi » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:18 am

EVERYONE is welcomed back for one last bickering & complaining Melodic Rock Forum about STYX.

One last tour!!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: LETS HAVE ONE LAST TOUR ABOUT STYX'S BICKERING FANS

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:52 am

yogi wrote:EVERYONE is welcomed back for one last bickering & complaining Melodic Rock Forum about STYX.

One last tour!!

ahhh, it's good to be back.... Where's Suite? Nothing like a few insults between friends! Cheers!
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:48 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
yogi wrote:EVERYONE is welcomed back for one last bickering & complaining Melodic Rock Forum about STYX.

One last tour!!

ahhh, it's good to be back.... Where's Suite? Nothing like a few insults between friends! Cheers!

I think she's spending some quality time with Froy and Toph.
Monker
MP3

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:42 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:

One last tour!!

I've been very busy. I'm sure you missed me :)
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby ebake02 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:27 am

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:

One last tour!!

Welcome back. :D
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:46 am

ebake02 wrote:

Welcome back. :D[/quote]

Thank you :)
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:44 am

On July 19th I saw Styx play at the Mid State Fair in Paso. The company I work for is a heavy donator and sponser for the Fair so we employers can buy tickets that are cheaper and the seats are excellent. I paid $75 each for 2 tickets which sat me in the middle of row 7. I couldn’t get over how close we were. Tommy was excellent, so was Todd. It sounded superb. Larry is no DDY, but he’s entertaining and pretty funny. JY is old and fat and can’t sing so there’s that. I’m glad I went. Although starting a concert with a song from Crash of the Crown is not the way you get the people into it from the start. It was like lukewarm beginning with a song nobody has heard or gives a shit about to Blue Collar Man and everybody was on their feet and clapping to the beat. Mr. Roboto was a big hit with the crowd even with Larry singing. Who knew? Oh yeah, DDY did.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby StyxGuy » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:58 am

Baron Von Bielski wrote:On July 19th I saw Styx play at the Mid State Fair in Paso. The company I work for is a heavy donator and sponser for the Fair so we employers can buy tickets that are cheaper and the seats are excellent. I paid $75 each for 2 tickets which sat me in the middle of row 7. I couldn’t get over how close we were. Tommy was excellent, so was Todd. It sounded superb. Larry is no DDY, but he’s entertaining and pretty funny. JY is old and fat and can’t sing so there’s that. I’m glad I went. Although starting a concert with a song from Crash of the Crown is not the way you get the people into it from the start. It was like lukewarm beginning with a song nobody has heard or gives a shit about to Blue Collar Man and everybody was on their feet and clapping to the beat. Mr. Roboto was a big hit with the crowd even with Larry singing. Who knew? Oh yeah, DDY did.

I just wish JY would embrace his receding hairline instead of trying to hide it with hats :P
StyxGuy
LP

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:42 pm

StyxGuy wrote:
Baron Von Bielski wrote:On July 19th I saw Styx play at the Mid State Fair in Paso. The company I work for is a heavy donator and sponser for the Fair so we employers can buy tickets that are cheaper and the seats are excellent. I paid $75 each for 2 tickets which sat me in the middle of row 7. I couldn’t get over how close we were. Tommy was excellent, so was Todd. It sounded superb. Larry is no DDY, but he’s entertaining and pretty funny. JY is old and fat and can’t sing so there’s that. I’m glad I went. Although starting a concert with a song from Crash of the Crown is not the way you get the people into it from the start. It was like lukewarm beginning with a song nobody has heard or gives a shit about to Blue Collar Man and everybody was on their feet and clapping to the beat. Mr. Roboto was a big hit with the crowd even with Larry singing. Who knew? Oh yeah, DDY did.

I just wish JY would embrace his receding hairline instead of trying to hide it with hats :P

Oh yeah, that too.

Also, I like the idea of adding a third guitarist, however I get the indication that JY is close to retirement. Could be how they make the transition. Oddly enough, It was also almost apparent that Larry is the leader now. He introduced all the band members, he probably talked more than Tommy. I could be wrong, but it struck me as a changing of the guard.

We can still wish for 1 short tour with DDY. It’ll never happen, but it would be special to have Glen join for the same shows. It would require a lot of thought and planning because how do you pull it off? Do you have Glen play guitar and keep Ricky onstage at the same time with Chuck as well? Do you have Larry play just keys or is it ridiculous to think DDY’s head could fit onstage with Larry there as well? Or is it better for all involved if you continue to pay and employ Ricky and Larry, but just have them not join them onstage till the tour is over? 20 shows max. Ah well, there is no hockey on Styx.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Jodes » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:45 am

You don't want Froy and Myself in the same room EVER. One of us wouldn't walk out.
Jodes
Cassette Tape

Return to Styx