So where are they getting their information

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

So where are they getting their information

Postby Abitaman » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:24 am

I have read this, and wonder, do people just make stuff up! Read the WHOLE thing

https://investortimes.com/dennis-deyoung-net-worth/
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Re: So where are they getting their information

Postby Cassie May » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:35 am

Tommy's is even better. Apparently, Jeanne is his FOURTH wife, and he has a SON named Ryan as well as his daughter Hannah. He's also never left Styx, just did "side projects."

https://investortimes.com/tommy-shaw-net-worth-2024/

I'd like to know when Dennis reunited with Styx after 1999 for special events! Who wrote all this stupid stuff and, as you said, what were the sources??
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby StyxGuy » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:49 am

It's probably a guess not based on much of anything... seems that there's a bunch of "celebrity net worth" sites which more or less all say the same stuff.

He's gotta be a multi-millionaire and the wealthiest of anyone from the band. A song like Babe has been put on hundreds of compilation albums over the decades and I think he still has a share of Styx under his belt where he get a cut of the business in some form... plus they perform songs he wrote.

Now that he's sold his publishing and recording rights, some of that has probably changed but he also got a lump sum payout.. and it was probably not a small amount of money... and he sold his Florida home (asking was $2.8 Million)
StyxGuy
LP

Postby Monker » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:07 pm

StyxGuy wrote:It's probably a guess not based on much of anything... seems that there's a bunch of "celebrity net worth" sites which more or less all say the same stuff.

He's gotta be a multi-millionaire and the wealthiest of anyone from the band. A song like Babe has been put on hundreds of compilation albums over the decades and I think he still has a share of Styx under his belt where he get a cut of the business in some form... plus they perform songs he wrote.

Now that he's sold his publishing and recording rights, some of that has probably changed but he also got a lump sum payout.. and it was probably not a small amount of money... and he sold his Florida home (asking was $2.8 Million)

It seems you did not read the article. I think the point is that it says, repeatedly, that since the breakup Dennis has joined Styx for special appearances, or whatever...and he may do it in the future.

It seems they either took the Children's Miracle Network show and thought that was something after the fact. Or, they are mistaking Chuck for Dennis.

I recently rewatched Tommy, JY and Gowan on "The Big Interview". It was pretty obvious that JY was still fuming about everything. JY said something that he never wants to work with him again...that he does not trust that Dennis will be there when says he is going to be there. Tommy was more diplomatic but dismissive about ever working with Dennis again. Tommy said something about at this point in life that he wanted to work with people that love him and have his best interest at heart and he doesn't have to fight with, that there is not enough years left to risk never having that again...which JY added a "Amen, brother Tommy". Gowan joked a bit about the situation and stayed out of the argument and said he respected Styx history.

The point is, Dennis will never work with Styx again. Anybody who has looked at this objectively should know that. So, whoever wrote this article just doesn't know what they are talking about.
Monker
MP3

Return to Styx