Where's Denny?

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Where's Denny?

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:54 am

I can't seem to find the 2024 tour schedule for DDY. Can someone post it please? (Suite)
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Re: Where's Denny?

Postby Abitaman » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:54 am

Just read this about his band....
it concludes on Aug. 16 with a trio of acts featuring former members of the legendary Boston (Tommy DeCarlo), Chicago (Jason Scheff) and Dennis DeYoung of Styx (August Zadra).

Here is the link https://www.thebatavian.com/mikepett/sm ... ctor-kevin

To me it seems like Dennis is done :cry:
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby LtVanish » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:51 am

He very well could be done! He will be 77 years old next month. I think we forget how old he really is! Most people are retired by that age, so maybe he is as well. I really think the pandemic scared him, with his autoimmune disease that he has I'm sure he can't risk getting covid along with his age could mean end game for him. I don't blame him one bit. I hope he is in good health and not secretly battling cancer or something. I haven't listened to his 2 new albums in a while, I think I'm gonna put them in the rotation again at the beginning of next year. Hope he still releases some new music at some point, even if it's just a song or an EP.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:29 pm

LtVanish wrote:He very well could be done! He will be 77 years old next month. I think we forget how old he really is! Most people are retired by that age, so maybe he is as well. I really think the pandemic scared him, with his autoimmune disease that he has I'm sure he can't risk getting covid along with his age could mean end game for him. I don't blame him one bit. I hope he is in good health and not secretly battling cancer or something. I haven't listened to his 2 new albums in a while, I think I'm gonna put them in the rotation again at the beginning of next year. Hope he still releases some new music at some point, even if it's just a song or an EP.

Maybe he'll do a "Babe" duet with Dolly.
Monker
MP3

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:24 am

The company he sold his publishing and master recording rights claimed in their press release that he was planning on returning to touring in 2024. We shall see if that happens and to what extent.

If he does tour, I'd suspect it's only 30-50 shows the entire year.
StyxGuy
LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:30 am

If he did retire, I hope he is happy and healthy!
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Return to Styx