Styx 2024

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Styx 2024

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:01 am

Happy New Year! any predictions for what may be in store for Styx and/or DDY for 2024? I know we have another thread on this topic from September but wanted to update it. We do know that Styx will be on the shed tour this summer with Foreigner and John Waite.

I predict.....

A new Styx album in June.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Re: Styx 2024

Postby Monker » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:30 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:Happy New Year! any predictions for what may be in store for Styx and/or DDY for 2024? I know we have another thread on this topic from September but wanted to update it. We do know that Styx will be on the shed tour this summer with Foreigner and John Waite.

I predict.....

I think they will tour through this summer and then maybe take a short break to finish the album and release it either late this year or sometime in 2025. I don't think they have had enough quality to time to spend working on it to finish it this year.

Dennis will do nothing....I think that was the entire point of that last effort, to make it his last effort to get a reunion.
Monker
MP3

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:41 am

Monker wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:Happy New Year! any predictions for what may be in store for Styx and/or DDY for 2024? I know we have another thread on this topic from September but wanted to update it. We do know that Styx will be on the shed tour this summer with Foreigner and John Waite.

I predict.....

I think they will tour through this summer and then maybe take a short break to finish the album and release it either late this year or sometime in 2025. I don't think they have had enough quality to time to spend working on it to finish it this year.

Dennis will do nothing....I think that was the entire point of that last effort, to make it his last effort to get a reunion.

I have a feeling that Tommy and Will have been working on the album for some time and it will be ready for the summer tour. That will give it the best exposure. Waiting until 2025 would be 4 years between albums. I think the time is now.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby LtVanish » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:15 am

I think 2025 will be a new Styx album, it was 4 years between The Mission and Crown. I wouldn't be suprised if DDY joins Ringo's band at some point for a tour in the All-Star Band in the next few years, he has mentioned he has been approached about it and didn't accept at that time due to working on 26 East at the time. I think that would be cool if he did something like that. I think he might be done though, he is up there in age and has plenty of money, I'm sure he makes more money sitting at home doing nothing than the rest of Styx touring non stop all year.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxGuy » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:25 am

New album this year - Tommy has already said half was done and they just needed studio time. Announcement possibly later in March with a release in June to go long with a summer tour.

All we've hard from Dennis is when the publishing company bought a bunch of his rights - their press release claimed he is going on tour this year.
StyxGuy
LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:44 pm

LtVanish wrote:I think 2025 will be a new Styx album, it was 4 years between The Mission and Crown. I wouldn't be suprised if DDY joins Ringo's band at some point for a tour in the All-Star Band in the next few years, he has mentioned he has been approached about it and didn't accept at that time due to working on 26 East at the time. I think that would be cool if he did something like that. I think he might be done though, he is up there in age and has plenty of money, I'm sure he makes more money sitting at home doing nothing than the rest of Styx touring non stop all year.

I had never heard the story about Ringo's all-star band. I think DDY would jump at that chance since he is a big Beatles fan. I would like to see that happen.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby LtVanish » Fri May 10, 2024 4:43 am

So when is the new album being released?? :lol:
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat May 11, 2024 4:07 am

LtVanish wrote:So when is the new album being released?? :lol:

It’s coming…. They were in California recording a few weeks ago…. If not by the end of the year it will be early next year. I believe Ricky leaving may have delayed things a little.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Sat May 11, 2024 4:08 am

Like I said above, I doubt they have the time to wrap it up and get it to a place where it is ready to release until after the current tour. So, I doubt it will be ready for release until the end of the year or, more likely, early next year.

Unless you are talking about Dennis...then I would say he is probably never going to release another album of new songs.
Monker
MP3

Postby LtVanish » Tue May 14, 2024 10:02 am

Monker wrote:

Like I said above, I doubt they have the time to wrap it up and get it to a place where it is ready to release until after the current tour. So, I doubt it will be ready for release until the end of the year or, more likely, early next year.

Unless you are talking about Dennis...then I would say he is probably never going to release another album of new songs.

I doubt Styx will release an album this year, it will probably be June 2025. Both Mission and Crash was released in June. 4 years apart. 2025 would make 4 years.

thanks for the update on Dennis, without your love and affection for DDY we would have no info what he is up to.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Return to Styx