Pride of Lions, new record "Lion Heart"

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Pride of Lions, new record "Lion Heart"

Postby Mikele » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:06 pm

Has anyone heard the new album? I didn't even know it was in the works until I saw it on the shelf of a record store (yes, record stores still exist in Italy and actually grow in number right now).
I was shocked as I found myself hesitant on whether buying it or not...I opted for the latter, given the last experience.
Once at home I youtubed the new video and was not surprised in finding the cheese-factor soaring so high!!
I'm not acquainted with Toby's solo production...are his lyrics better and more "edgy", or is it the same? Peterik really needs some co-writer in the lyric department dudes. I will always have respect for his songwriting in Survivor, is one of my favorite bands, and it is not in any way meant to bash the guy...he is a master in his craft. But things have changed, obviously, in later years...
Mikele
45 RPM

Re: Pride of Lions, new record "Lion Heart"

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:09 pm

Mikele wrote:Has anyone heard the new album? I didn't even know it was in the works until I saw it on the shelf of a record store (yes, record stores still exist in Italy and actually grow in number right now).
I was shocked as I found myself hesitant on whether buying it or not...I opted for the latter, given the last experience.
Once at home I youtubed the new video and was not surprised in finding the cheese-factor soaring so high!!
I'm not acquainted with Toby's solo production...are his lyrics better and more "edgy", or is it the same? Peterik really needs some co-writer in the lyric department dudes. I will always have respect for his songwriting in Survivor, is one of my favorite bands, and it is not in any way meant to bash the guy...he is a master in his craft. But things have changed, obviously, in later years...

He needs a Frankie Sullivan type of editor for his lyric writing. I consider Peterik to be the best Rock lyricist ever. But he needs to toughen up his lyrics these days!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby TageRyche » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:08 pm

I've heard the album a couple of times. I'm planning on doing a review of it but it's not ready yet.

A friend of mine writes for Metal Express Radio and he loved the album. He also got to do an interview with Jim Peterik that's up on the MER website.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby DavidWT » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:43 am

I gave up on POL after the first two albums. Some of the songs were definitely catchy, but the cheese-factor was just off the charts. And I know it's a tiny nitpick, but it got annoying how almost every song started with a cymbal roll. I might check out some tracks from this new album, though. Presumably they evolved since when I last heard them.
DavidWT
LP

Postby Mikele » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:21 pm

Well I must admit that Roaring of Dreams was a pretty good record, and the lyrics were still on hold there. Even the follow up to this was decent, with a few songs still on the heavy side
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby TageRyche » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:53 am

I finally got my review of Lion Heart done. You can check it out via this KNAC.COM link.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby Franky » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:59 pm

I think its definetly a good album for POL and meodic rock in these times.
"Carry me back" is one of my favourites - just listen to those harmonies!
We can be glad JP still got that inspiration and taste for good music. I'm glad we still get these new albums of those heros of our Melodic Rock Era!

Greetings from Germany
Franky
Ol' 78

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)