Survivor In New Stallone Directors Cut of Rocky 4!

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Survivor In New Stallone Directors Cut of Rocky 4!

Postby Slander » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:26 pm

So this is cool Survivor news I discovered in a Jim Peterik interview from 2020. Did anyone else know this? So Man Against The World was originally written for Rocky 4, but didn't make the movie, instead made it on When Seconds Count. Well for those of you who don't know, during the Pandemic, Stallone re-cut Rocky 4, and it's scheduled to be released in November. According to this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkzGoZ4mc8k with Peterik, MATW will be in the new version of Rocky 4. I thought that was pretty cool.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Re: Survivor In New Stallone Directors Cut of Rocky 4!

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:26 am

Slander wrote:So this is cool Survivor news I discovered in a Jim Peterik interview from 2020. Did anyone else know this? So Man Against The World was originally written for Rocky 4, but didn't make the movie, instead made it on When Seconds Count. Well for those of you who don't know, during the Pandemic, Stallone re-cut Rocky 4, and it's scheduled to be released in November. According to this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkzGoZ4mc8k with Peterik, MATW will be in the new version of Rocky 4. I thought that was pretty cool.

Yeah, MATW was written for Rocky IV, and Ever Since The World Began was written for Rocky III.

I was well aware of Stallone's Director's Cut of Rocky IV that he will be releasing in November. But I was not aware that MATW will be in it. Thanks for the update!

I always loved the song "The Sweetest Victory" that is on the Rocky IV soundtrack. I wonder if it will be in the Director's Cut?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Slander » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:03 am

Sweetest Victory has always been on my workout playlist. Love that song! Let's hope Sly fits it in somehow. I know the movie is supposed to be a lot longer, so I'm hoping it made the cut.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby DavidWT » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:18 am

While I like MATW, and Sweetest Victory is pretty good, I don't think the director's cut should be adding songs. The movie was already basically just a prolonged music video. If anything, I was kind of hoping the director's cut would remove some of the music videos and replace them with actual story/dialogue that was cut from the original release.

(I'm not able to watch the Peterik video right now, so I don't know if he mentions whether or not MATW will replace another song or if a new montage is being added to the movie. I suppose if it's just a replacement song, that's not too bad. I think MATW was supposed to be played during what became the "No Easy Way Out" sequence, right? So maybe they're just putting swapping out "No Easy Way Out" for MATW?)
DavidWT
LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:40 pm

I'm hoping that there's a lot of added dialog to the Director's Cut!

I know at least one scene that I'm almost certain will have been added into the Director's Cut. But I don't want to spoil anything for you guys.

If you are interested in knowing what that scene might be, then watch the trailer for Rocky IV back when the film was supposed to be released. If you are so familiar with the film that you can virtually quote every line of the film like I can you will know which scene is in the trailer that did not make it into Rocky IV.

I'm hoping that there are a lot of new scenes added in!

By the way. John G Avildsen who directed both Rocky and Rocky V filmed a bunch of scenes for Rocky V that didn't make it into the film. There is a sort of unofficial Rocky V Director's Cut that is on YouTube. It has a lot of deleted scenes and alternate scenes or music that aren't in the original release.
Unfortunately, the video and audio of the "Director's Cut is extremely poor on YouTube.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)