ALERT: Bickler-era live concerts audio surfaced on YT!!

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Re: ALERT: Bickler-era live concerts audio surfaced on YT!!

Postby Slander » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:11 am

Could it be Frankie releasing these tapes? No I'm not kidding. He has hinted at that over the years. Also, he has been doing a lot of interviews, podcasts etc. When I write "lots" it's relative to FS keep in mind.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:54 pm

I had wondered if it could be someone posting it on Peterik's behalf? I have a hard time imagining Sullivan posting it for free. He has always seemed like he would want every last penny that he could get. And I would expect him to charge for the stuff that's being posted.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:43 pm

Slander wrote:Could it be Frankie releasing these tapes? No I'm not kidding. He has hinted at that over the years. Also, he has been doing a lot of interviews, podcasts etc. When I write "lots" it's relative to FS keep in mind.

The writing style does not fit with Frankie's...also, this guy is spending a load of time on this project so I tend to doubt is someone in Frankie's camp. I thought about his son Ryan, but he couldn't be around in 1985 to get the cassette directly from Mike Clink as he recalls :) unless he's doing it on behalf of his father, who knows.

Journey/Survivor, it could also be somebody on behalf of Jim as you say
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Slander » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:20 am

Good point about Frankie's writing. He has a way of saying a lot without saying a lot! Anytime I read something from Frankie it's like reading a fortune cookie, so I stand corrected. Who would have the motivation to post these recordings though?
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:10 pm

Yea Slander I thought again about your comment on how Frankie would hint in the past to some "vault" stuff he owns. In fact, he's got to be the n.1 candidate as he owns the material and owns the name. Ryan could be the man behind the posts on his behalf, as it is his legacy too and surely more into this type of communication.

As for my first guess Jim, thinking again, why would he be interested in doing this? Also, if it was his idea he would still need Frankie's permission to post the material, right?

I must admit, even though I am beyond excited and hyped about the stuff posted, I still think most of the stuff should have been published officially in some way or another, as it shows how great the band was. I was totally joking when, in another thread just a few months ago, I predicted the album "Live era 1978-1982 the Bicker Years"...and now this happened! Still, it would have been really cool. At least Japan and Europe have always been a market for Survivor
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Richard Epps » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:40 pm

I for one have been amazed that we have finally got these to listen too.I have refrained from talking about the channel in case it got closed down.Who is behind it? I dont think Frankie but he must know about it.It is truely special,the world is very strange at the moment but who would have thought in 2021 we would have these and Mariah on cd!!.
Stay safe everyone lets enjoy these gems.
Richard Epps
Ol' 78

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:38 pm

Mikele wrote:Yea Slander I thought again about your comment on how Frankie would hint in the past to some "vault" stuff he owns. In fact, he's got to be the n.1 candidate as he owns the material and owns the name. Ryan could be the man behind the posts on his behalf, as it is his legacy too and surely more into this type of communication.

As for my first guess Jim, thinking again, why would he be interested in doing this? Also, if it was his idea he would still need Frankie's permission to post the material, right?

I must admit, even though I am beyond excited and hyped about the stuff posted, I still think most of the stuff should have been published officially in some way or another, as it shows how great the band was. I was totally joking when, in another thread just a few months ago, I predicted the album "Live era 1978-1982 the Bicker Years"...and now this happened! Still, it would have been really cool. At least Japan and Europe have always been a market for Survivor

I know that Peterik had to give up the FMS demos to Sullivan, but I didn't think that that applied to the late 70s/early 80s demos?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:39 pm

Richard Epps wrote:I for one have been amazed that we have finally got these to listen too.I have refrained from talking about the channel in case it got closed down.Who is behind it? I dont think Frankie but he must know about it.It is truely special,the world is very strange at the moment but who would have thought in 2021 we would have these and Mariah on cd!!.
Stay safe everyone lets enjoy these gems.

Was the Mariah album officially released on CD recently? I have the record, but I've never seen an official CD release of it.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:09 pm

Listen to this FS interview for a hint:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/40574592
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:39 am

Mikele wrote:Listen to this FS interview for a hint:

I can't listen to that due to my slow connection.

Can you give me a brief quote of what he said?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:41 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:

Sure, basically he mentions early demos a few times and expressed his desire to share it one day
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:42 pm

Mikele wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:

Sure, basically he mentions early demos a few times and expressed his desire to share it one day

Thanks!

I do remember Sullivan mentioning many years ago that he was thinking of releasing the demos. But so many years went by that I figured he changed his mind.

How many of the Survivor demos have been posted by that YouTube user so far?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:24 pm

As far as demos, there's the 1978 demo, the EOTT demo and a 1980 demo for the Premonition album. In his book Jim mentions more than one demo session for that record, and more unreleased titles
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby jimmy19029 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:56 am

Does anyone know if the band did any shows for a THTS tour? Or did they break up almost as soon as they finished the THTS album?

No, as far as I've heard, there were some shows played in 1988 for THTS with Bill Syniar on bass and Kyle Woodring on drums, but not a whole lot. I believe they opened for Cheap Trick on at least one of the shows. I too would like to hear more details about the "mini-tour". Wonder how many shows were played and exactly when? And it would be cool to hear which tracks of the new album were played.
jimmy19029
LP

Postby BARON BLOOD » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:07 pm

I'm a little late but hey am i happy about these two Youtube links !!!......amazing finds !.........I remember back in the 90's trading tapes even with some of you (Flip being one of them) and it wasn't easy to find some rare stuff on Survivor.
BARON BLOOD
Ol' 78

Postby Mikele » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:53 am

Anyone knows if this last video added, the german 1993 gig with Bickler, ever floated around? A few gigs from 1993 have always been around (La grange etc) but I am not sure about this one.
Mikele
45 RPM

Previous

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)