Rocky IV DC: Spoiler Alert

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Rocky IV DC: Spoiler Alert

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:47 pm

SPOILER ALERT :!: :!: :!:

Do NOT read this is you don't want to know anything about the Rocky IV Director's Cut before seeing the movie yourself.

I saw the Fathom Events showing of the Rocky IV Director's Cut at a theater near me tonight.

As for Survivor's music in the movie.... Sadly Man Against The World is still NOT in the film in anyway.

Burning Heart is still in the film in the normal spot.

Eye Of The Tiger was moved from the beginning of the film to the end of the film. It is played after Rocky finishes his speech to the Russian crowd after he has just won the fight, and it is continued into the end titles.

A very small clip of the song "Sweetest Victory" is in the film early on, but it's a very short clip and it's largely drowned out by talking and crowd noise.

I liked the film a lot. I won't go into details as of now unless anyone asks me questions about it.

I will say that it has several scenes that I think should have been in the film all along.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Re: Rocky IV DC: Spoiler Alert

Postby Slander » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:29 am

I went to the film last night as well. I really enjoyed what Stallone did with the movie. It's actual story-telling. I also liked how he made use of the music! "Sweetest Victory" finally gets its due. I also loved how Tiger was used! It give the movie more of an edge at the end. I was bummed MATW was not in the film. I heard an interview with Peterik where he said it was going to be in the final credits. Having said that after watching the film, I don't feel MATW fit the feel of the movie. All and all great experience, a worthy watch for any Survivor fan.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby DavidWT » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:06 am

I had kind of hoped that MATW would be used in place of No Easy Way Out, as originally intended. It would have changed the tone of that montage tremendously, making it much more reflective, and would have required some serious editing of the visuals, but it would have been interesting to see how it affected the overall feel of the film. On the other hand, No Easy Way Out is such a fan favorite, I didn't realistically see Stallone removing it.
DavidWT
LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:36 pm

As much as I would have loved for MATW to have been in the Director's Cut, I think that the song is too slow and quiet to have fit in any of the scenes that are in either version of the film. I was hoping that there would be a new scene that the song would have fit the mood of the song.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)