Survivor and Drugs!

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Survivor and Drugs!

Postby Slander » Sun May 05, 2024 3:01 am

Check out this recent interview with Frankie where he talks about Dark and Drugs when they dumped Dave https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weg-GmghlXs. Very disappointing. Can we just leave the Beret the eff alone?
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Re: Survivor and Drugs!

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sun May 05, 2024 7:09 am

Slander wrote:Check out this recent interview with Frankie where he talks about Dark and Drugs when they dumped Dave https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weg-GmghlXs. Very disappointing. Can we just leave the Beret the eff alone?

I watched that one recently.

The funny thing is that from what I've always heard, Frankie was one of the ones who was allegedly messed up on cocaine for countless years.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Andrew » Sun May 05, 2024 4:38 pm

90 seconds of trying to follow Frankie and I'm out. If I missed anything, let me know. But I doubt it.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Eyeof » Sat May 11, 2024 10:41 pm

Andrew, unless you didn’t already realize Frankie is an a$$clown, you missed nothing.
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Sun May 12, 2024 1:42 pm

Eyeof wrote:Andrew, unless you didn’t already realize Frankie is an a$$clown, you missed nothing.

That I’m familiar with.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Slander » Tue May 14, 2024 5:59 am

I don't understand the consistent trashing of Dave. Seems like the nicest guy in the world. Dave works hard and is great with fans. Frankie acts like Dave didn't have talent, my god. I love Jimi, but EOTT is not the same song without Dave's vocals. Has anyone else heard Nothing Can Shake Me off the first Survivor album or in concert? Effing awesome. I realize Dave was never the type to run all over the stage. He wasn't an amazing showman, but let's give the man his due. As for Frankie, no offense, stage presence isn't a 15-minute guitar solo of Take You on a Saturday that sends fans for a beer.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Eyeof » Wed May 15, 2024 2:02 am

Honestly, it's probably a good thing that nobody cares anymore. To trash Dave like that for no reason, is completely ridiculous. The guy is just an a$$ clown. Plain and simple. He leaves out the part where Jimi toured with the bands name and FS sued everyone multiple times. To act like Dave couldn't hold his own vocally is a damn joke. The biggest mistake is if he truly threatened to leave the band, they should have took him up on that offer! God only knows how much more we could have gotten with that clown gone in '84, granted we would have all missed out on 55 minutes of extra useless guitar solos each show.
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)