Moderator: Andrew

Which Survivor is/was better?

Late 70's era
2%
Early 80's era
38%
Middle to late 80's
52%
Early to Mid 90's (including the FMS album)
2%
Late 90's to 2000
No votes
From 2000-2006 (including Jimi Jamison's Survivor "Empires")
1%
The Present Survivor era
5%

Total votes : 88

Postby 7 Wishes » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:12 pm

I haven't stopped by to make fun of Sullivan's lack of productivity in a while. Just thought I'd add my asinine two cents. :lol:
But around town, it was well known...when they got home at night
Their fat and psychopathic wives
Would thrash them within inches of their lives!
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Postby Andrew » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:47 pm

survivorfan2005 wrote:
Andrew wrote:
survivorfan2005 wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to help clean this board up. So, instead of everyone creating new threads about all the debate about FS, whos the best singer, etc... Please, keep all debates in this thread so it'll help the clutter and please guys be respectful we all have different opinions. Let us not be like the Journey forum so help me out here. It's easier to keep track of who's bashing who here..

I didn't realize you were the new moderator in here.

lol, sorry Andrew, no I'm just a concerned board member and just doing my part as a member to help all the hard workers such as yourself out a little bit.

It's ok, I'm just razzing you. Appreciate the sentiment.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby survivorfan2005 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:11 pm

:D How about this one: Fire Makes Steel the album, should it be redone or remastered and which songs off that album are your favorites?
Music is only Real if you can feel it...

survivorfan2005
45 RPM

Postby MarcelJordan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:42 pm

7 Wishes wrote:I haven't stopped by to make fun of Sullivan's lack of productivity in a while. Just thought I'd add my asinine two cents. :lol:

Oh, he's productive in his own way :P

Now, if I had some new bootlegs on some of the latter shows, I love to hear First Night played recently. :D
2011 New Album by Survivor - RE-ENTRY!
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby Eyeof » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 pm

I would not really care to her McCauley on a Fire Makes Steel album at all.

Now if they wanted to clean up and put out a truly mastered one, with the vocals Dave laid down...hell yeah...
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby IngoK » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:33 pm

Eyeof wrote:I would not really care to her McCauley on a Fire Makes Steel album at all.

Now if they wanted to clean up and put out a truly mastered one, with the vocals Dave laid down...hell yeah...

Agree to that point. Remaster the old Demo Tape and release something new with Robin. But both things will not happen...
IngoK
LP

Postby Slander » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:51 am

IngoK wrote:
Eyeof wrote:I would not really care to her McCauley on a Fire Makes Steel album at all.

Agree to that point. Remaster the old Demo Tape and release something new with Robin. But both things will not happen...

My understanding is that FMS will never see the light of day and that's a damn shame. Keeping fingers crossed on something new with Robin.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Slander » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:52 am

MarcelJordan wrote:
7 Wishes wrote:I haven't stopped by to make fun of Sullivan's lack of productivity in a while. Just thought I'd add my asinine two cents. :lol:

Oh, he's productive in his own way :P

Now, if I had some new bootlegs on some of the latter shows, I love to hear First Night played recently. :D

The only boot I know of Robin is the Kansas City one from 2006. It's okay but the backing vocals don't sound great.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby survivorfan2005 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:37 am

well, there is that "studio" version of Robin on some songs.. what about those? I thought those were pretty good.
Music is only Real if you can feel it...

survivorfan2005
45 RPM

Postby Slander » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:45 am

survivorfan2005 wrote:well, there is that "studio" version of Robin on some songs.. what about those? I thought those were pretty good.

I really liked Robin's version of Fire Makes Steel. He really is great doing it live. Ya know it's interesting. I think Robin is closer to Dave when he does songs your thought. Maybe it's just the grittiness in their voices. A little more street. I think JJ sounds better on songs like Is This Love and Search is Over.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Eyeof » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:40 pm

I have the KC boot...it's not bad in places and I like the songs they picked to sing...the background vocals are AWFUL and pretty much ruin the boot...Robin is really weak on Tiger in the boot, but I know that was early....

I have a DVD and CD boot from Orlando in 2006....It's okay as well...short set....bands sounds good...Honestly his vocal style just doesn't do much for me with Survivor....who knows...

And then there are the three over dubs that are floating around...they do sound better, but it just doesn't bring anything new for me personally....
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:44 pm

Eyeof wrote:I have the KC boot ;;;the background vocals are AWFUL and pretty much ruin the boot...

They really do damn near wreck the boot.
And I like Frankie's singing but his mic was WAY too loud.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Eyeof » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:46 pm

yeah, that is totally confusing....i dont' know if it is where the person recording it was standing or what? Frankie does great background stuff, so something is not right with it....
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby Vladan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Middle to late 80's obviously...

Look at the poll ;)
Vladan
Cassette Tape

Postby Philip » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:23 am

7 Wishes wrote:
BIGDOG1 wrote:McCauley is a great singer.he did a great job on Eye on dancin' w/ the stars.Wait for the new disc then judge. 8)

He sounded like shit. He can't handle Survivor material.

Says someone who considers Kotipelto as one of rocks best singers :lol:
If one singer can't get it right at gigs it's Kotipelto bro!
Philip
Radio Waves

Postby Eyeof » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:29 am

OLD
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby Eyeof » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:41 am

isn't new survivor, kind of old survivor...it's confusing...there is a lot of Survivor...
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Re: The New Survivor Vs. The Old Survivor Official Debate Fo

Postby Eyeof » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:13 am

I thought since this had not been posted on in two years, I'd say HI!
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby Slander » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:13 pm

Long time Eye OF. I am interested in getting your opininon on Dave's return.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Eyeof » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:10 am

Figured I'd do the obligatory 10-year post on this thread! Amazing, pretty much nothing has changed!
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:11 am

LOL
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Slander » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:11 am

Should we include Cameron Barton in this poll to get things moving again?
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:55 pm

Slander wrote:Should we include Cameron Barton in this poll to get things moving again?

I'm a MASSIVE Survivor fan! But I have only heard Cameron Barton sing maybe 3 songs, and that was only from some YouTube clips of him singing I think "I Can't Hold Back" "High On You" and maybe "The Search Is Over?"

Survivor haven't come close enough for me to go see them since 2014. At this stage I'm not going to spend a lot of money for a ticket unless some guys like Bickler, Peterik and Droubay are back in the band. And Sullivan cracks down on allowing live clips on YouTube. So I have barely heard Barton sing anything.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Previous

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)