New Survivor website

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

New Survivor website

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:29 am

I see that Frankie is changing the Survivor website again.

I wonder why they are bothering, seeing as it would appear that Survivor are no longer.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Re: New Survivor website

Postby MarcelJordan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:I see that Frankie is changing the Survivor website again.

I wonder why they are bothering, seeing as it would appear that Survivor are no longer.

I agree. However, everytime I fall for it. LOL!

MJ
2011 New Album by Survivor - RE-ENTRY!
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:23 am

MarcelJordan wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:I see that Frankie is changing the Survivor website again.

I agree. However, everytime I fall for it. LOL!

MJ

I know what you mean. When I saw that they're changing the site again, I thought that there might be a very slight chance that they are actually going to release some new material. Then I came to my senses and remembered that there's no way that they are.

I think that's the only reason that Frankie changes the site from time to time. To give false hope that Survivor is still a band, and not just a jukebox.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby DavidWT » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:31 am

I wish he'd open the message boards on his site again. It used to be entertaining, particularly when he'd yell at his own fans about completely trivial stuff.
DavidWT
LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:56 am

DavidWT wrote:I wish he'd open the message boards on his site again. It used to be entertaining, particularly when he'd yell at his own fans about completely trivial stuff.

:lol:
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:16 pm

Hey, look what I've found on the Paradise Artist website....please read:

"Survivor has a live show that brings your audience right back to the original records with a true concert excitement! Lead by founding member/lead guitarist Frankie Sullivan at the helm along with original lead singer Dave Bickler and the band's newest member Cameron Barton whose natural vocals clone the late Jimi Jamison, Survivor's second singer. Limited shows for 2015, 2016 touring the world!!!"
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:15 am

Mikele wrote:Hey, look what I've found on the Paradise Artist website....please read:

"Survivor has a live show that brings your audience right back to the original records with a true concert excitement! Lead by founding member/lead guitarist Frankie Sullivan at the helm along with original lead singer Dave Bickler and the band's newest member Cameron Barton whose natural vocals clone the late Jimi Jamison, Survivor's second singer. Limited shows for 2015, 2016 touring the world!!!"

Thanks for posting that.

That's interesting. But I'd be much more excited if they were actually going to release a new album. Or at least one damn new song.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:12 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Mikele wrote:Hey, look what I've found on the Paradise Artist website....please read:

Thanks for posting that.

That's interesting. But I'd be much more excited if they were actually going to release a new album. Or at least one damn new song.

I agree, but I would be still pretty much excited if they just manage to bring around their legacy to new generations. I wander who's idea was this in the first place. Anyone know this guy Barton?
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby MarcelJordan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:27 pm

Here I go...falling for it. But no harm in making a bit of fun. Maybe there will be a new album, called Attack of the Clone. :lol:

Kidding aside, very interesting.

Could it be this very young man, from Illinois? Country singer. Certainly doesn't sound like Jimi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Rt_1u7qyU

But: http://www.cameronmuzic.com/#!news/c893

"Various vocal styles".....?

MJ
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby Mikele » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:49 am

Might be him.
I was skeptical at first, but given I could stand Toby Hitc. perform Jimi's song with PoL, I'm gladly open to hear this guy sharing leads with original vocalsit DB
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:37 am

The only Cameron Barton that I could find listed on the internet is an actor.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby MarcelJordan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:09 am

Mikele wrote:Might be him.
I was skeptical at first, but given I could stand Toby Hitc. perform Jimi's song with PoL, I'm gladly open to hear this guy sharing leads with original vocalsit DB

What is odd is CB has no band experience as far as I can tell. How did FS find him or rather was it the Survivor management? That said, he seems musical as he can play guitar. Being from Illinois, I won't be surprised he is the guy and also a "Nashville" recording artist and crazy enough Jimi was from there. Still to me it's an odd play and if it is not him it will be a total unknown.

LOL on Toby. Ive no inclination for his voice personally but certainly has several albums under his belt with JP so he's got chops.

Anyway, who knows right now, what the real story here. I can say right now as before CB is awefully young. Can he handle it?

MJ
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby Mikele » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:57 pm

MarcelJordan wrote:Anyway, who knows right now, what the real story here. I can say right now as before CB is awefully young. Can he handle it?

MJ

That's a point. We'll wait (hopefully not as long as usual...) and see...
Also, is Marc back in Survivor or gone for good?
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby MarcelJordan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Mikele wrote:
MarcelJordan wrote:Anyway, who knows right now, what the real story here. I can say right now as before CB is awefully young. Can he handle it?

MJ

Mikele, I can be quite certain, the Cameron Barton Ive mentioned is indeed the guy. I just checked out his Google plus page and Ryan Sullivan is in his Circle. It can't be just coincidental. I would also assume then that Marc is not with the band. Just my guess on the latter.

Now, Im trying to imagine CB singing TSIO . 8)

MJ
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby Mikele » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:38 am

MarcelJordan wrote:
Mikele wrote:

MJ

Mikele, I can be quite certain, the Cameron Barton Ive mentioned is indeed the guy. I just checked out his Google plus page and Ryan Sullivan is in his Circle. It can't be just coincidental. I would also assume then that Marc is not with the band. Just my guess on the latter.

Now, Im trying to imagine CB singing TSIO . 8)

MJ

Well indeed, if this comes out as official, we'll have a brand new version of the band, with 'fresh blood' joining the ranks in the likes of Ryan and this guy CB. Ryan was already there since the end of last year' tour, but this now looks like another step in that direction. Would be interesting to know who's idea was it to recruite CB (Ryan?S?). Anyway, as inacceptable as it may seem for a die-hard fan point of view, and questionable from a 'business' perspective, I will wait for this to happen with really open arms.

..and maybe would be the right time to remove TSIO from the setlist?? :p
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby BARON BLOOD » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:33 am

Are you guys serious ?

Are you this desperate ?

This is total SHIT !!!!!!!......who cares about this fucking guy singing at JJ's place and we don't need new music
at this stage of Survivor's life.........sometimes you gotta let go of the past and live RIGHT NOW !

It was a very good band...my favorite.....but that's ok now......who needs karaoke Survivor doing a WORRRLLLDDD TOUUURRRR in 2016 as it says (vomit)
BARON BLOOD
Ol' 78

Postby Mikele » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:01 pm

BARON BLOOD wrote:Are you guys serious ?

Are you this desperate ?

This is total SHIT !!!!!!!......who cares about this fucking guy singing at JJ's place and we don't need new music
at this stage of Survivor's life.........sometimes you gotta let go of the past and live RIGHT NOW !

It was a very good band...my favorite.....but that's ok now......who needs karaoke Survivor doing a WORRRLLLDDD TOUUURRRR in 2016 as it says (vomit)

Speaking for myself, I am far from desperate...I just want the music to live on, to be alive for old and new generations. Survivor has played one of the biggest european festivals in the world in 2013, tha'ts a pretty good sign that this band was alive and requested. Many other bands and artists have continued in some form or another, so I don't see why Survivor should hang it up.
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby MarcelJordan » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Mikele wrote:
Well indeed, if this comes out as official, we'll have a brand new version of the band, with 'fresh blood' joining the ranks in the likes of Ryan and this guy CB. Ryan was already there since the end of last year' tour, but this now looks like another step in that direction. Would be interesting to know who's idea was it to recruite CB (Ryan?S?). Anyway, as inacceptable as it may seem for a die-hard fan point of view, and questionable from a 'business' perspective, I will wait for this to happen with really open arms.

..and maybe would be the right time to remove TSIO from the setlist?? :p

Yeah, I had the same view that Ryan may had something to do with it. But Who really knows right? :lol:

IMO, CB doesn't have a strong voice; JJ was a power vocalist and then some! Either CB suddenly learned how to belt it out or has been keeping it hidden (as he's country mold) till now and then impressed FS (like JJ did back in 83 unlikely as it is.) However, IF there is another unknown vocalist with the same name I'd like to hear that dude. Im not into country vocalists so....

Without Marc and now Ryan, it's already a new look Survivor. So I suppose it makes sense they got another vocalist....young and possibly got the energy to keep up.

TSIO? I agree...I think it's time to hang that up. :mrgreen:

MJ
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby Mikele » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:42 am

MarcelJordan wrote:
IMO, CB doesn't have a strong voice; JJ was a power vocalist and then some! Either CB suddenly learned how to belt it out or has been keeping it hidden (as he's country mold) till now and then impressed FS (like JJ did back in 83 unlikely as it is.)
MJ
[/quote]

Speaking of '83, I recently gave a few more spins to the debut album by Cobra and DAMN...was I impressed by a young JJ! Amazing & powerful voice...unique. It's a crime the record label chose that pic as cover (where JJ is in the back...while a few other ugly guys are on the front), dooming the Lp to commercial failure...
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:45 am

1983 was a great year in Rock music! Survivor had their "Caught In The Game" album, Cobra had their "First Strike" album, Journey had their "Frontiers" album. Def Leppard had "Pyromania." And a lot of other great albums that year as well.

Frontiers is my #1 favorite Journey album of all time. And Caught In The Game is my second favorite Survivor album of all time.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:58 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:1983 was a great year in Rock music! Survivor had their "Caught In The Game" album, Cobra had their "First Strike" album, Journey had their "Frontiers" album. Def Leppard had "Pyromania." And a lot of other great albums that year as well.

Frontiers is my #1 favorite Journey album of all time. And Caught In The Game is my second favorite Survivor album of all time.

You said it. Great year. Cobra had it all to get fairly big.
Speaking of CITG (even though is offtopic), I was recently re-listening to the rock candy reissue on CD (2010), and found myself a bit skeptical of the sound. It sounds good, but mono-dimensional, so to speak. Other reissues does not. And I am about to buy the original vinyl to compare it, to see if it's the remastering.
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby verslibre » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:51 am

Mikele wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:1983 was a great year in Rock music! Survivor had their "Caught In The Game" album, Cobra had their "First Strike" album, Journey had their "Frontiers" album. Def Leppard had "Pyromania." And a lot of other great albums that year as well.

Speaking of CITG (even though is offtopic), I was recently re-listening to the rock candy reissue on CD (2010), and found myself a bit skeptical of the sound. It sounds good, but mono-dimensional, so to speak. Other reissues does not. And I am about to buy the original vinyl to compare it, to see if it's the remastering.

Gratuitous thread resurrection! :lol:

What's the verdict on the Rock Candy "remasters"? I still haven't gotten around to buying them.

Does anyone know the source of this user's upload of Caught in the Game (because it sounds fantastic)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP_BSUdsU_E

What a killer album. Not a dog on Side A or B!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:31 am

verslibre wrote:
Mikele wrote:

Gratuitous thread resurrection! :lol:

What's the verdict on the Rock Candy "remasters"? I still haven't gotten around to buying them.

Does anyone know the source of this user's upload of Caught in the Game (because it sounds fantastic)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP_BSUdsU_E

What a killer album. Not a dog on Side A or B!

The Rock Candy remasters are awesome! They made major improvements in the sound quality. Better clarity and volume.
Also, the booklets are great as Peterik gives great background info on the albums, and they have some rare band photos in the booklets too.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)