EOTT: finally re-released by Rock Candy!!

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

EOTT: finally re-released by Rock Candy!!

Postby Mikele » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:16 pm

Rock Candy records is finally putting out "EOTT" on October 18th, that was not included in the first batch of remasters years ago. Bonus tracks are going to be included.

This was long overdue. Obviously don't expect FS to have anything to do with this..

The positives:
- hopefully the sound qualty is improved with respect to previous cd releases;
- presence of bonus tracks. I believe this will consist of extra versions of the title track, like the extended one or the movie cut. What do you think?
Mikele
45 RPM

Re: EOTT: finally re-released by Rock Candy!!

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:32 am

Mikele wrote:Rock Candy records is finally putting out "EOTT" on October 18th, that was not included in the first batch of remasters years ago. Bonus tracks are going to be included.

This was long overdue. Obviously don't expect FS to have anything to do with this..

The positives:
- hopefully the sound qualty is improved with respect to previous cd releases;
- presence of bonus tracks. I believe this will consist of extra versions of the title track, like the extended one or the movie cut. What do you think?

This is phenomenal news!!!

How awesome would it be if the bonus tracks would be previously unreleased songs!?!?

I still need to get the two Target CD's from Rock Candy, and it's killing me that I don't have them. I just can't afford to pay as much as they're asking for the Target CD's.

Thanks for the info, Mikele!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby TageRyche » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:27 am

J/S,

I was finally able to get the Target CDs after some stuff I sold on eBay gave me the extra cash to do so. It took a while though.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby Mikele » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:02 am

I apologize: I checked and it's "+ bonus track", so I assume it's just 1 extra track.
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby DavidWT » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:49 am

The bonus track could also be the Jimi/Lock-Up version of "Ever Since The World Began," I guess.
DavidWT
LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:51 pm

If any of you guys know of the Target CD's being reduced in price, please let me know!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Richard Epps » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:26 pm

I can confirm that the bonus track is the extended version of EOTT :D
Richard Epps
Ol' 78

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:38 pm

Richard Epps wrote:I can confirm that the bonus track is the extended version of EOTT :D

I've never known of an extended version of EOTT. You're not referring to the demo that was used in Rocky III, are you?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Richard Epps wrote:I can confirm that the bonus track is the extended version of EOTT :D

I've never known of an extended version of EOTT. You're not referring to the demo that was used in Rocky III, are you?

No, that one has never been officially released.
The extended version, instead, has been a B-side of EOTT in some countries and even A-side:
https://www.discogs.com/it/Survivor-Eye ... se/1232754
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Mikele » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:02 pm

Eye of the tiger is finally out!
Haven't had the chance to hear it yet, but I'm going through the booklet interviews to see if there's some curious info.

As soon as possible I will give you my opinion on the sonic aspect of this release
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:40 am

Mikele wrote:Eye of the tiger is finally out!
Haven't had the chance to hear it yet, but I'm going through the booklet interviews to see if there's some curious info.

As soon as possible I will give you my opinion on the sonic aspect of this release

I just ordered my copy a couple of days ago. How long did it take for you to receive it from the time you ordered it?

Please do let us know what you think of the sound quality. Also, how extended is the extended version of the EOTT song?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:26 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Mikele wrote:Eye of the tiger is finally out!

I just ordered my copy a couple of days ago. How long did it take for you to receive it from the time you ordered it?

Please do let us know what you think of the sound quality. Also, how extended is the extended version of the EOTT song?

I bought my copy at the local record store actually. I know this guy gets a few copies of all the Rock Candy releases.

The extended version: is more than 5 min lenght...I can't stand it, to be honest and can't see the purpose. I would have been so happy if the "Rocky III" demo version of the song was instead included as a bonus. That version would have been a hughe plus as it was never properly released and it's very good
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Mikele » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:14 am

I finally had a chance to compare this release with my old cd from the early 90's (I didn't want to spoil the listening pleasure by switching source..)

Well, it's like night and day here. The reissue is very well done, it gives more breath to each instrument. It's louder but in the right way, not embarassing for the ear. In particular I feel that the backing vocals have really benefited from this remastering ("Feels like love" for instance). It's like lifting up a veil that was covering the songs.

It's pure listening pleasure. Finally.
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:23 am

Mikele wrote:I finally had a chance to compare this release with my old cd from the early 90's (I didn't want to spoil the listening pleasure by switching source..)

Well, it's like night and day here. The reissue is very well done, it gives more breath to each instrument. It's louder but in the right way, not embarassing for the ear. In particular I feel that the backing vocals have really benefited from this remastering ("Feels like love" for instance). It's like lifting up a veil that was covering the songs.

I got my copy a week or two after you got yours. I'm happy with the overall sound. It's a definite improvement in many ways.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Mikele wrote:I finally had a chance to compare this release with my old cd from the early 90's (I didn't want to spoil the listening pleasure by switching source..)

I got my copy a week or two after you got yours. I'm happy with the overall sound. It's a definite improvement in many ways.

Yep. Only remark is the absence of the demo version of "EOTG", as it appears in the movie. With that in, it was going to be a massive release. God knows what licensing deals were behind it.
Mikele
45 RPM

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)