Survivor Canceling Dates already?

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Survivor Canceling Dates already?

Postby Slander » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:18 am

Last year I went on the 80's Cruise to the Bahamas and had the pleasure of seeing some great 80's acts. While on the ship, the 2017 Cruise was announced, and Survivor was one of the acts listed for the Cruise. How excited I was to hear that Dave Bickler and the gang would be on the boat. Before, I could even book I found out Dave was shit canned! So I decided aginst booking. Now it turns out they aren't playing the cruise afterall. I wonder what's going on already. Last year's cruise featured Huey Lewis, Starship, Richard Marx. It was a huge success and got huge promotion on Sirius XM 80's on 8. It deeply saddens me that this amazing band has become irrelevant. What the hell happened?
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Re: Survivor Canceling Dates already?

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:56 pm

Frankie is the king of cancelling shows. One time back in the 90's several friends of mine and myself drove a couple of hundred miles to see Survivor playing at a county fair. When we got there we found out that the show was cancelled. It pissed me off big time.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Re: Survivor Canceling Dates already?

Postby Mikele » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:28 pm

It's a band that fired their original singer and voice of their biggest hit ever...at this point, a cancelled show is no trauma for the fans. Anyhow, let's see if FS will handle this string of 5 dates now in October...only the Ohio gig is selling good.
Mikele
45 RPM

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)