RIP Stephan Ellis

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

RIP Stephan Ellis

Postby ScarabGator » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:39 pm

according to Survivor social media...what happened for him not to be there? Vintage Frankie?
ScarabGator
Stereo LP

Re: RIP Stephan Ellis

Postby DavidWT » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:21 am

Article here, but I'm guessing it's a bad translation or something because half of the article is gibberish (and I don't know why they call him "Stephan Ellis Useless")
https://dvdclip.com/stephan-ellis-usele ... ragically/

Stephan Ellis pictured throughout Survivor’s “Burning Coronary heart” video.

Stephan Ellis, the previous two-time bass participant from rock legends, Survivor, has died, the band mentioned in a Fb publish on February 28. The band’s assertion was written by guitarist Frankie Sullivan. Sullivan wrote in tribute to Ellis, “What I keep in mind most and clearly recall is the day after we reduce “Hold It Proper Right here.” The Bass half and features within the intro simply folded into the combination and it was the bass half that impressed me to succeed in larger on my guitar. We reduce our tracks collectively, dwell within the studio. Steph’s runs on the neck of that blue bass are as memorable because the tune itself.” Ellis’ reason for dying was not made public.

The tribute concludes with the phrases, “I’ll miss Stephan, all of us will. We are able to speak for years about how a lot he’d trigger us to snort and most significantly to a rock n’ roll band at the moment, the notorious “ice” lesson he handed on to us all at some point that caught for a protracted whereas. This was Stephan Ellis to me. Underrated but by no means dated. Properly dressed and on a constant foundation. Gargoyles and all and he was cool sufficient to tug off. Stephan was well-coifed, all the time prepared and Stephan Ellis lived his personal life in his personal method and on his personal phrases.”

Ellis first joined Survivor in 1981 and left for the primary time in 1988. Throughout his first run within the band, he performed bass on the band’s main hit, “Eye of the Tiger,” the lead tune for Rocky III. Ellis would return to the band in 1996 earlier than leaving once more in 1999. His most notable musical contribution after leaving Survivor got here when Ellis produced Samantha Fox’s 2005 album “Angel With an Angle.” Ellis additionally performed bass on David Glen Eisley’s 2000 album, “Stranger From the Previous.”

Previous to his time Survivor, Ellis launched two albums, “Using on the Crest of a Droop” and “Why Not?” together with his personal band, Ellis, in line with his All Music profile. Ellis is listed because the vocalist on these albums.

One other former Survivor member, Jim Peterik, paid tribute to Ellis in a Fb publish, writing that he had felt Ellis was “bulletproof, immortal.” Peterik added, “Stephan was the real rock ‘n’ roll article. He had the look, the perspective and his aggressive model on his Fender Precision bass that helped outline what would turn into the signature sound of Survivor.”

Peterik went on to inform the story of how Ellis had joined the band following the lack of their unique bass participant. The opposite members of Survivor had decamped to Los Angeles to audition new members. After seeing Ellis play with a band named Baxter at a curler ink, they approached him a couple of formal tryout. Ellis confirmed up promptly at 9:30 a.m. the following morning for his profitable audition. Shortly afterward, the band started engaged on the album “Premonition,” which might result in their presence on the soundtrack for Rocky III because the album made Sylvester Stallone a fan.
DavidWT
LP

Postby TageRyche » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:01 am

Very sad news to read about the passing of Stephan Ellis.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:23 am

first Jimi and now Stephan,

I hope you rest in peace. All thoughts to his family, friends and fans.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby johnroxx » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:55 pm

Stephan lived in Vista, California for a time while he was away from the band, and actually worked a short while in a very non-glamorous production job at The Blade-Citizen newspaper in nearby Oceanside, where I was a pressroom shift leader and writer. I remember him as very hard-working, non-pretentious, and a genuinely nice guy. Rest in peace...

;^)
johnroxx
8 Track

Postby RockInDetroit » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:20 am

RIP Stephan. I always wondered what happened to him. One day he was just gone...now forever.
RockInDetroit
LP

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)