Sax Solo In "Lorelei"

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Sax Solo In "Lorelei"

Postby Slander » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:25 am

Hi everyone,

I just got through listening to the Survivor Song Demo on YT's Survivor Lost Tapes. The set includes a song called "Lorelei". The end features a sax solo. Pretty cool! First, is this the only Survivor song featuring a sax? I can't recall another one. Secondly, who played sax in the band? Or was this a guest appearance?
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Re: Sax Solo In "Lorelei"

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:03 pm

How are you guys liking any of the unreleased songs that you are getting to hear?

Are there any that you can't believe didn't make it onto one of the albums because they're so good?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Slander » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:18 am

I really like "Missing Persons". It sounds like it should have been on the first Survivor record. It's Bickler at his best. Great hooks in the song too!
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:45 pm

Slander wrote:Hi everyone,

I just got through listening to the Survivor Song Demo on YT's Survivor Lost Tapes. The set includes a song called "Lorelei". The end features a sax solo. Pretty cool! First, is this the only Survivor song featuring a sax? I can't recall another one. Secondly, who played sax in the band? Or was this a guest appearance?

According to Survivor Lost Tapes, it is Bickler on sax and he also played it live sometimes
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Slander » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:28 am

[quote][/quote]

Did anyone else have Bickler played Sax on their bingo card? I had no clue Dave played that instrument.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:41 pm

Slander wrote:

Did anyone else have Bickler played Sax on their bingo card? I had no clue Dave played that instrument.

Nope
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Slander » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:38 am

Bickler confirmed to me on his FB Page that he indeed play sax for Survivor early on! Who knew? He's also playing sax on his new solo record. The dude is seriously talented!
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:00 pm

Slander wrote:Bickler confirmed to me on his FB Page that he indeed play sax for Survivor early on! Who knew? He's also playing sax on his new solo record. The dude is seriously talented!

Yes, he's extremely talented! Of course I'm sure that all of us on here know that he was the keyboardist for Survivor too until the Premonition album.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)