New Survivor Rarities on YT

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

New Survivor Rarities on YT

Postby Slander » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:55 am

He gang, this looks like a new post on YT. It's called Survivor-Various Rarities https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYphm5xzGSM. Many I've never heard. It's quite a variety. Fun listen.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Re: New Survivor Rarities on YT

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:02 pm

Slander wrote:He gang, this looks like a new post on YT. It's called Survivor-Various Rarities https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYphm5xzGSM. Many I've never heard. It's quite a variety. Fun listen.

Thanks for the update!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:29 am

Thanx Slander, I came across this when published. It's very interesting the unreleased track "One night stand"
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Slander » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:01 am

Yeah some of the tracks I have heard like Lies and Lovin You Blue. Frankie always flirted with putting out a blues album. I really like Frankie playing the Blues.

I went to a Survivor concert in Spokane, WA back in 87 for the When Seconds Count Tour. Believe it or not, Jason and The Scorchers were the opening act. They got snowed out, and didn't make it! So Frankie comes out and says we are SPLEEN. Yes SPLEEN, and then goes on to play the blues to open the show. I don't think all the 14-year-old girls looking for Jimi dug it, but I sure did.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:01 am

Slander wrote:Yeah some of the tracks I have heard like Lies and Lovin You Blue. Frankie always flirted with putting out a blues album. I really like Frankie playing the Blues.

I went to a Survivor concert in Spokane, WA back in 87 for the When Seconds Count Tour. Believe it or not, Jason and The Scorchers were the opening act. They got snowed out, and didn't make it! So Frankie comes out and says we are SPLEEN. Yes SPLEEN, and then goes on to play the blues to open the show. I don't think all the 14-year-old girls looking for Jimi dug it, but I sure did.

I would have much rather had Frankie doing a blues set to open the show that I saw Survivor do on the When Seconds Count tour in August of 1987 than what they had. When I saw them on that tour it was some band that I think were called "The Boyz" or something like that.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Slander » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:12 am

I would have much rather had Frankie doing a blues set to open the show that I saw Survivor do on the When Seconds Count tour in August of 1987 than what they had. When I saw them on that tour it was some band that I think were called "The Boyz" or something like that.

Ugh! My friend went to the Survivor show so he could see Jason and The Scorchers. They were hot at the time. Anyway, I gotta hand it to Frankie. I do like his blues playhing. Always have. I wish he would have put out a solo record.
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:37 pm

I just came into this thread to reread what was posted.

I didn't catch this the first time around. Is the YouTube link that Slander posted in this thread for a different YT user than the one who's been posting the Survivor Lost Tapes demos and concerts?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)