A Dream of Survivor

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

A Dream of Survivor

Postby TageRyche » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:26 am

Well this has never happened to me before. I had a dream last night and Survivor played a big part in said dream.

I found myself working a some kind of pharmacy store or something and I got a message that I'd been hired to sing for the band. But I had to do a show THAT night so they sent me a list of songs they planned on playing that night that I had to know.

I don't remember all of the songs on the set list but it was weird that they were opening with "High On You". Worse yet, I'm looking at all the other songs and there's a bunch that I know are not songs the band has recorded. And I don't mean they were playing covers.

So while I'm trying to finish my shift, I'm scouring the Internet to find out where these songs are coming from and writing notes on the lyrics on the set list page so I can start learning them.

I'd love to say there was more but I woke up as I was scribbling down lyrics and that was the end of the dream.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Re: A Dream of Survivor

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:25 pm

TageRyche wrote:Well this has never happened to me before. I had a dream last night and Survivor played a big part in said dream.

I found myself working a some kind of pharmacy store or something and I got a message that I'd been hired to sing for the band. But I had to do a show THAT night so they sent me a list of songs they planned on playing that night that I had to know.

I don't remember all of the songs on the set list but it was weird that they were opening with "High On You". Worse yet, I'm looking at all the other songs and there's a bunch that I know are not songs the band has recorded. And I don't mean they were playing covers.

So while I'm trying to finish my shift, I'm scouring the Internet to find out where these songs are coming from and writing notes on the lyrics on the set list page so I can start learning them.

I'd love to say there was more but I woke up as I was scribbling down lyrics and that was the end of the dream.

I also had a Survivor related dream last night. I'm totally serious, I really did. But I remember almost all of my dreams. Everyday I remember what I dreamed the night before.
I have just finally gotten to hear most of the Survivor demos in the last few days. I've been listening to them over and over, including shortly before I go to bed. I also went back and reread a few things in Peterik's book shortly before bed last night. So it's not at all surprising that it worked into a dream of mine last night.

I've probably easily had 50 dreams or more over the years that are Survivor related.
I've probably also had 40 or 50 Journey related dreams over the years too.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)