NEW JIMI JAMISON RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING NEWS!!!!

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

NEW JIMI JAMISON RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING NEWS!!!!

Postby Flip » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:35 am

Jimi Jamison
Rock Hard
Iconoclassic Records ICON 1049
Coming August 12, 2022

After leading Survivor to the top of the charts in the mid-’80s with hits like “I Can’t Hold Back,” “High on You,” “The Search Is Over,” “Burning Heart” and “Is This Love” and being acclaimed by Casey Kasem as “The Voice,” powerhouse vocalist Jimi Jamison cut his debut solo album for Scotti Bros. Records as the decade drew to a close.

Recorded with producer/engineer Jim Gaines (Santana, Huey Lewis & The News, Stevie Ray Vaughan) and producer/songwriter Kenny Mims (Kenny Rogers) in Jimi's beloved hometown of Memphis TN, Jamison’s solo album perfectly encapsulated his musical history to that point, with gritty Southern rockers in the mold of his ’70s band Target, blazing metal redolent of his early ’80s one-shot Cobra, and epic AOR destined to thrill his Survivor audience.

Ready for release by late 1989, Jimi Jamison’s solo album Rock Hard went unreleased at the time, and close to two years would elapse before a notably retooled album, When Love Comes Down, was issued by Scotti Bros. as Jimi Jamison’s solo debut.

Jimi Jamison’s Rock Hard album has never been heard…until now!

Although several of its tracks have been heavily traded through the years as poor-quality bootlegs, and others carried over to When Love Comes Down or were re-recorded for subsequent Jamison solo albums, the existence of the complete Rock Hard album has never even been rumored.

Iconoclassic Records’ Jeremy Holiday explains its path to release in 2022 as Jimi Jamison’s first posthumous album.

“Back in 2008, I was working for Sony’s catalog division, Legacy Recordings, during the day, and helping my friend Jimi Jamison develop his solo ‘comeback’ album Crossroads Moment in my personal time. My two worlds collided when I discovered the masters for Jimi Jamison’s first solo album within Sony’s vault while doing tape research for a Survivor compilation. This wasn’t Jimi’s official 1991 solo debut, When Love Comes Down as the world knew it, but an earlier, grittier, harder rocking configuration that was completed in 1989. It was an incredible find!

“Jimi and I discussed releasing the album, but at that time (2008-2014) he was in the process of reestablishing his solo career with new recordings, including Crossroads Moment, the Kimball-Jamison collaboration with former Toto vocalist and Jimi’s longtime friend Bobby Kimball, and Never Too Late, all on Frontiers Records, as well as performing live with Survivor. Releasing an archival solo album at that moment would have caused confusion.

“After Jimi’s tragic and unexpected passing in 2014, it took a few years before I could listen to his music again. It just hurt too much. But as the years passed, I grew concerned that he was becoming a bit forgotten by the music world at large. After approaching his family, we decided that now was the time to finally release Rock Hard. What was originally meant to be Jimi Jamison’s solo debut now becomes his solo reintroduction."

Through interviews with 12 participants in the original album, including musicians, songwriters, producers, and Scotti Bros. label personnel, the 6000-word liner notes essay (housed in a 20-page booklet designed by John Sellards) fully reveals the untold story and tangled history of Jimi Jamison’s initial solo stab.

Rock Hard has been digitally remastered from the original master tapes by Patrick W. Engel. The CD release also includes a bonus track of Jamison’s highly sought-after solo recording of Survivor’s “Ever Since the World Began” from the Sylvester Stallone film Lock Up, recorded during the album sessions and originally released as a rare single.

Jimi Jamison Rock Hard will be released August 12, 2022. The date is significant as it follows the dedication and unveiling of "Jimi Jamison Street" in Memphis, TN by exactly five months, as well as being the month of Jamison's birth. Rock Hard will be released by Iconoclassic Records and is now available for pre-order.
Track Listing:
1. Rock Hard
2. Girls Like… †
3. First Day of Love ††
4. Cry Alone
5. I Believe in Love †††
6. True Lovers †††
7. Something Every Heart Should Know †
8. Cry Tough ††
9. A Dream Too Far ††
10. Is It True What They Say About Love †
11. Ever Since the World Began *
From the Sylvester Stallone movie Lock Up

† previously unreleased song
†† previously unreleased recording
††† previously unreleased mix/alternate arrangement
* bonus track

Produced by Jim Gaines & Kenny Mims
Mixed by John Hampton & Jim Gaines
#jimijamison #melodicrock #hardrock #rockhard #survivor #unreleasedmusic #target #cobra #unreleased #Remastered #leadsinger #vocals #vocalist #sylvesterstallone #baywatch #Rocky #rockybalboa #80smusic #Anthem #scottibros #ICONOCLASSIC #johnroth #classicrock #Memphis #memphistn #memphismusic #memphismusicians #frontiersrecords #highonyou #icantholdback #burningheart #TheSearchIsOVER #isthislove #eyeofthetiger #itsthesingernotthesong
Flip
Radio Waves

Re: NEW JIMI JAMISON RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING NEWS!!!!

Postby Flip » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:52 am

Flip
Radio Waves

Postby Lucky.Phil » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:37 am

Brilliant news!
It’s interesting that now even a dead person can release more new material than Survivor.
Lucky.Phil
Radio Waves

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:30 pm

I had discussed these recordings with Jeremy Holiday back around the time of Jimi's leaving us. But I know that Jeremy also wanted to wait a respectful amount of time before discussing with Jimi's family the possibility of releasing the album.

Ironically, I just asked Andrew about these recordings a few months ago and Andrew said that he thought that Jeremy was preparing to release this album sometime down the road.

It will be awesome to also have my first good recording of Jimi's version of "Ever Since The World Began!"

Jim Gains also co-produced Journey's Raised On Radio album with Steve Perry.

New Journey album and new Jimi Jamison album for me this summer, Awesome!!!

Now we need to see an official release of Jimi's album with Steve Cox!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:35 pm

By the way.....

Thank you Jeremy for this awesome new release!!!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:35 am

Coolio!!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Mikele » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:58 pm

Excellent news, thanx for sharing.
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Franky » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:41 pm

Can't wait :D
Franky
Ol' 78

Postby Lucky.Phil » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:48 am

What formats will this be released on, and will it be available on streaming services?
Lucky.Phil
Radio Waves

Postby TageRyche » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:19 am

Anyone put in a preorder for the album?
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby Flip » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:55 pm

Yes I did! Offcourse :D
Flip
Radio Waves

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:10 am

My copy of Jimi's "Rock Hard" CD has been delayed by at least another week. And I see several websites listing it as out of stock.

I wonder if that means that the album is selling better than they had anticipated? Hopefully that is the case!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:25 am

I have not seen it on YouTube music, regular YouTube or Spotify
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby TageRyche » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:14 am

My copy arrived yesterday. As soon as I can get to it, I plan to do a review.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:04 am

My copy just arrived today on September 1st. An ironic day to be receiving a Jimi Jamison CD.

I'm listening to the CD right now as I post this.

I'm so excited to finally have this album!

Thank you again, Jeremy Holiday, you're the man :!: :!: :!:
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:18 pm

I've listened to the new "Rock Hard" release three times so far.

On one hand I think that some of the mixes on certain songs on this CD are a bit more elaborate than the mixes on the versions that appeared on When Love Comes Down and Empires, which I like. But I also like the harder Rocking mixes of the WLCD and Empires CDs.

Either way, it's great to get to hear them both ways.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:20 pm

Now we need to get an official release of the album that Jimi recorded with Steve Cox, and official releases of all of the other Jimi Jamison solo songs that he recorded that never came out.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:18 pm

SPOILER ALERT :!: :!: :!:

Do NOT read this if you don't want to know anything that is said in the booklet for the Jimi Jamison "Rock Hard" CD.

In the booklet for the CD, drummer Scott Trammell says that if you were a rocker you viewed Survivor as a "Candy-ass band."

That really pisses me off big time.

I play guitar and drums. I love Hard Rock music. I had very long hair (Not that that proves anything) for about 17 years in my teens and 20s and early 30s. Survivor may have had a number of ballads and mid-tempo songs, but they were never a "candy-ass band!"

I had a friend who sadly passed away back in 2015. That friend loved Heavy Metal and Hard Rock music, most of what he listened to was either Metal or Hard Rock. But Survivor were on his top 3 favorite bands of all time list. That friend of mine was a singer in numerous Metal bands over the years, and he too always talked about how insanely underrated Survivor are as a Hard Rocking band.

I've seen people on the internet who name mostly Metal bands as being their favorite bands and they also name Survivor as being one of their favorite bands.

Trammell needs to either listen to, or re-listen to the Too Hot To Sleep album, or the Caught In The Game album, or the Eye Of The Tiger album.

In fact, if you read this, Trammell, listen to these songs......

She's A Star
Rhythm Of The City
Too Hot To Sleep
Here Comes Desire
Children Of The Night
Hesitation Dance
Caught In The Game
Slander
Take You On a Saturday
Love Is On My Side
Freelance
Nothing Can Shake Me (From Your Love)
It's The Singer Not The Song

That's just a small list of Hard Rocking Survivor songs.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:00 pm

Has anyone else besides TageRyche and myself heard the album yet?

I'm anxious to hear what you guys think about the album.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Andrew » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:34 pm

Nope
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Abitaman » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:43 am

So ANdrew, this is a real release?
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:32 pm

Abitaman wrote:So ANdrew, this is a real release?

Obviously I'm not Andrew. But yes, it's a real release. I have my copy.

Jeremy Holiday who is a Sony executive and who used to post on here some, had the album released back in August.

If you are a big Jimi Jamison fan you definitely want to buy it!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby TageRyche » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:18 am

Still working on my review of the album. While I like it, I'm trying to do a good write up which includes listening to the original release of the tracks in order to have some compare/contrast to the songs that were released on this new album.

I'll get it up ASAP.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:00 am

I think I was one of the first to have ordered the CD but after a very long wait and hearing others already got the CD, yesterday I got an E-mail they canceled the order cause it was no longer available. You can imagine my surprise, buying it somewhere else was not possible. Today I looked at Discogs and to my big surprise the CD was for sale from the company that canceled my order, now you know I feel ripped of!!
I can't order the CD from the Netherlands.
Do one of you guys know where I can buy the CD, you can imagine this MUST be in my collection!!!

Regards, Flip
Flip
Radio Waves

Postby Richard Epps » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:09 am

That is outragous Flip,I got mine frim the label direct fine.Have you checked Ebay?
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail ... m/10967967
Richard Epps
Ol' 78

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:17 pm

Flip wrote:I think I was one of the first to have ordered the CD but after a very long wait and hearing others already got the CD, yesterday I got an E-mail they canceled the order cause it was no longer available. You can imagine my surprise, buying it somewhere else was not possible. Today I looked at Discogs and to my big surprise the CD was for sale from the company that canceled my order, now you know I feel ripped of!!
I can't order the CD from the Netherlands.
Do one of you guys know where I can buy the CD, you can imagine this MUST be in my collection!!!

Regards, Flip

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to you with your copy not being sent to you! I know that I would have been extremely angry if it happened to me!

I ordered my copy through CD Japan. It came a few weeks later than it was originally scheduled to be out. But I did get my copy on September 1st.

Good luck with getting your copy!

If it comes down to it, I'm sure that you can get a burned copy from someone. But you'd still be loosing out on the booklet.

Hopefully they get a lot more copies released soon.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Flip » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:14 am

Richard, thanks for the link, I placed an order hope it will be delivered!

Journey/Survivor, I know I could get a burned copy somewhere, I got the CD digital so I can also burn one myself but as you understand I really need the original CD!

Let's just hope this works, I ordered it now at two different stores and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help guys!!
Flip
Radio Waves

Postby Andrew » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:44 pm

Tried to buy off Discogs also - but they don't ship to AU. Not paying $40 for an import.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:56 pm

Andrew, this is one CD I gotta add to my collection and since it's pretty damn hard to order it somewhere I've placed 3 orders at 3 different shops.
If all the shops deliver I'll save one CD for you. Will keep you posted on how things go.

Regards, Flip
Flip
Radio Waves

Postby Andrew » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:26 pm

Flip wrote:Andrew, this is one CD I gotta add to my collection and since it's pretty damn hard to order it somewhere I've placed 3 orders at 3 different shops.
If all the shops deliver I'll save one CD for you. Will keep you posted on how things go.

Regards, Flip

No luck finding it at a reasonable price either.
Andrew
Administrator

Next

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)