Survivor's first album

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Survivor's first album

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:15 pm

None of the members of Survivor who performed on the first album were happy with the final mix of the album. They loved what Ron Nevison was doing production wise with the album. But they feel that after John Kalodner fired Nevison and the album was remixed that the overall sound was weak in comparison to the Nevison-mixes.

So why the hell doesn't Frankie Sullivan release the original mixes on disc or by download on the internet?

Since it would appear that Sullivan always blamed Peterik for how the official release sounded production wise, then why not release the original mixes so we get to hear what the album should have sounded like?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Re: Survivor's first album

Postby TageRyche » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:05 pm

Pretty much any question regarding the band these days should start with "Why the hell doesn't Frankie Sullivan..."
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:25 pm

TageRyche wrote:Pretty much any question regarding the band these days should start with "Why the hell doesn't Frankie Sullivan..."

Very true! :lol:
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:12 pm

It's obvious, given the track record, that business-wise the Survivor-camp has been a failure as a brand, compared to other popular acts of the 80s. We won't get it, this or anythiong else.

Anyhow, things are not going to get any better, as FS has hinted on a new "project" that he's titillating himself over while relocated in LA area (Facebook)
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:36 am

Mikele wrote:It's obvious, given the track record, that business-wise the Survivor-camp has been a failure as a brand, compared to other popular acts of the 80s. We won't get it, this or anythiong else.

Anyhow, things are not going to get any better, as FS has hinted on a new "project" that he's titillating himself over while relocated in LA area (Facebook)

You are right. And I knew that was the case. :lol: I was just making a point. :wink:

Has Sullivan hinted at what the new project is supposed to be?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:13 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Mikele wrote:It's obvious, given the track record, that business-wise the Survivor-camp has been a failure as a brand, compared to other popular acts of the 80s. We won't get it, this or anythiong else.

You are right. And I knew that was the case. :lol: I was just making a point. :wink:

No, my friend...he only said he'd stubled across a potential "name" for his new project (not title but name)
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:46 pm

Mikele wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:

No, my friend...he only said he'd stubled across a potential "name" for his new project (not title but name)

OK, thanks!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)