Stanley Mouse Retrospective at the Haight Street Art Center

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Stanley Mouse Retrospective at the Haight Street Art Center

Postby Lora » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:42 am

This is going to be amazing! https://haightstreetart.org/blogs/news/ ... rospective

Journey fans, mark your calendars! Join the Haight Street Art Center (San Francisco) on Saturday Feb 15 for the opening of Stanley Mouse: A Retrospective. Stanley Mouse will be in the house!

Stanley Mouse and his partner, Alton Kelley, created many iconic Journey album covers and art, including Infinity, Evolution, Departure, Captured, and Escape.

The first 100 people through the door will receive a special, commemorative, screen printed handbill.

"Stanley Mouse is best known for the eye-popping and iconic posters, album covers, and T-shirt designs he made–often in collaboration with Alton Kelley–during the Heyday of San Francisco’s counterculture renaissance and well into the 1970s. His influential work during that era captured the color, fun, mystery, passion, and creatively liberating experimentalism of those tumultuous times."
Lora
8 Track

Re: Stanley Mouse Retrospective at the Haight Street Art Cen

Postby chynablue » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:10 am

I totally want to go to this! Glad it will be running for awhile, sorry I won't make the opening. :(
chynablue
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:19 am

Cool. I wonder if any unused Journey artwork will be displayed.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:58 am

I bought a book years ago at a record collector's convention called Freehand: The Art of Stanley Mouse. Amazing artwork. A good part of it was Grateful Dead related, but there were a couple of rare Journey pieces in there. Maybe a concert poster or two. The Captured scarab is on the front cover.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:44 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Cool. I wonder if any unused Journey artwork will be displayed.

Perhaps the Freedom album cover. That would be cool.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby scarab » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:08 am

I doubt Stanley Mouse was involved with the early artwork for Raised on Radio.

I remember the quote from I believe from Rockline was the artwork looked more like a ZZ top cover and one of the songs sounded more like Scorpions song (I wonder if there was an Producer before Perry).
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:53 am

scarab wrote:one of the songs sounded more like Scorpions song (I wonder if there was an Producer before Perry).

What is that that you are talking about? Did Journey record a song or songs that were intended to be on the album that became known as Raised On Radio, but not wind up putting that song/s on the album? I don't recall ever hearing about that?
I'd love to get to hear a song of theirs that sounds like the Scorpions!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:04 am

Freedom was suppose to be the next Journey record after Frontiers.
In an interview from 85 ish they spoke on the delay of the next record because they werent feeling the vibe,
and most was re-recorded, which makes sense to why Smith appears on some tracks.

I have tried serching for that rockline interview, to no avail, the same one they announce their new drummer, which never was.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:07 pm

scarab wrote:Freedom was suppose to be the next Journey record after Frontiers.
In an interview from 85 ish they spoke on the delay of the next record because they werent feeling the vibe,
and most was re-recorded, which makes sense to why Smith appears on some tracks.

I have tried serching for that rockline interview, to no avail, the same one they announce their new drummer, which never was.

I already knew that Freedom was supposed to be the title of the album that instead was named ROR. But I never knew anything about the song that is supposed to sound like a Scorpions song. Unless maybe that is a reference to "Let It Rock You?" That was a hard Rocking song, although I wouldn't compare it to the Scorpions.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:48 am

Nice to see your posts Lora. :D

When you went, did you see any of the work his team did with Journey?
bellairepark73
LP

Postby Aaron » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:35 pm

Thanks Lora. If it becomes schedulable it would be on my bucket list to attend. Thanks!
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey