Journey - Lollapalooza

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby jrnyman28 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:46 am

Didn't Neal say Journey had a gig liked up headlining Lollapalooza?

https://www.spin.com/2021/03/perry-farr ... 21-return/
jrnyman28
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6443
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:15 pm

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby Monker » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:02 am

jrnyman28 wrote:Didn't Neal say Journey had a gig liked up headlining Lollapalooza?

https://www.spin.com/2021/03/perry-farr ... 21-return/


Yes, but if you Google and look into it, Lollapalooza neither confirmed nor denied Journey was going to be part of it.

Also, it seems there are multiple "headliners" for the festival.

Keep in mind that Neal also said that there would be a single last July, a single every month this year until the album was released, and a single in February.

Frankly, I don't believe much of what Neal says anymore.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11285
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:46 pm

Monker wrote:Keep in mind that Neal also said that there would be a single last July, a single every month this year until the album was released, and a single in February.

Frankly, I don't believe much of what Neal says anymore.


Management controls this stuff. You are just harping on petty stuff (ex. dates) because your doomsday proclamations have been shot to shit.
Neal promised that the Journey would continue with new music. Where's the lie?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15055
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby Onestepper » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:24 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:Keep in mind that Neal also said that there would be a single last July, a single every month this year until the album was released, and a single in February.

Frankly, I don't believe much of what Neal says anymore.


Management controls this stuff. You are just harping on petty stuff (ex. dates) because your doomsday proclamations have been shot to shit.
Neal promised that the Journey would continue with new music. Where's the lie?


Also, it's pretty clear that the entire Lolloapalooza event (along with numerous other concert events) aren't guaranteed, and they don't know if or how they will happen. That's not a NS or Journey problem. That's a pandemic problem.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:48 am

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby Monker » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:38 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:Keep in mind that Neal also said that there would be a single last July, a single every month this year until the album was released, and a single in February.

Frankly, I don't believe much of what Neal says anymore.


Management controls this stuff. You are just harping on petty stuff (ex. dates) because your doomsday proclamations have been shot to shit.
Neal promised that the Journey would continue with new music. Where's the lie?


Since the question of who own the trademark, and if it is being licensed, is tied up in court, there is no band called Journey right now. Therefore, there is no "new music" from Journey because Journey doesn't exist legally.

Management can not control "Journey" when they do not even know if their client have the rights to use the name.

You guys are in some severe denial right now...there will be no new Journey music or tour until the court cases are settled...that is very, very obvious.

Neal is lying in his interviews and stringing the fans along That is also obvious.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11285
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:46 am

Monker wrote:Since the question of who own the trademark, and if it is being licensed, is tied up in court, there is no band called Journey right now.


Interesting. So how did the band "Journey" perform on NBC back in May?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODdXBFDx8dc

Monker wrote:Management can not control "Journey" when they do not even know if their client have the rights to use the name.


QPrime Management has had Journey added to their roster of official artists for months now. Better let them know....

https://qprime.com/artist/journey/

Monker wrote:You guys are in some severe denial right now...there will be no new Journey music or tour until the court cases are settled...that is very, very obvious.

Neal is lying in his interviews and stringing the fans along That is also obvious.


You don't know anything.
Once the album is out, you'll move on to some other meaningless BS (ex. font size on the liner notes, Narada's choice of hatwear).
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15055
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby Monker » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:15 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:Since the question of who own the trademark, and if it is being licensed, is tied up in court, there is no band called Journey right now.


Interesting. So how did the band "Journey" perform on NBC back in May?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODdXBFDx8dc


Like I said back when it happened, Nightmare did not have to allow this. The truth is nobody knows what was said before or after this happened. And, this is the last "performance" NoMaTa has had as Journey. Like I said back then, since it is on video and on YouTube, they needed to get synch rights from whoever owns the publishing rights as well. If they didn't, it wasn't legal and the publisher can tell YouTube to remove it...and I believe that would include Steve Perry's publisher.

Monker wrote:Management can not control "Journey" when they do not even know if their client have the rights to use the name.


QPrime Management has had Journey added to their roster of official artists for months now. Better let them know....

https://qprime.com/artist/journey/


That's not "controling Journey", that's just an empty webpage.

The bottom line is NoMaTa can not use the Journey name unless they either win it in court or Nightmare licenses it to them. That is just a simple fact.

Monker wrote:You guys are in some severe denial right now...there will be no new Journey music or tour until the court cases are settled...that is very, very obvious.

Neal is lying in his interviews and stringing the fans along That is also obvious.


You don't know anything.


The guy who DOES know is misleading people by saying a single will be released in a few weeks every few months or so.

There are also simple facts:
To release video that are live versions of a song, you need synch rights from the publisher or it is not legal.
If a band name is trademarked, that trademark needs to be licensed to you if you want to use that name.
Journey's trademark is in dispute due to Neal Schon misusing it in JTT and suing Valory/Smith.
It is also a fact that Journey has not released a single despite the fact that Neal has said one was coming since last July and having multiple songs recorded.
Lollapalooza ignore Neal's comments about Journey headlining.
There are no confirmed Journey live data for this year.

No trademark, no single, no live shows. A bunch of hot air from Neal and his fans and a few clips of "stuff" that is sposed to be new Journey.

Once the album is out, you'll move on to some other meaningless BS (ex. font size on the liner notes, Narada's choice of hatwear).


If a Journey album comes out, the lawsuit will be over and either NoMaTa will win the Journey trademark, or Nightmare will license it to them. If there are things like font size being complained about, it will be because NoMaTa lost and they will try to be "Neal Schon's Journey" or something and Nightmare will take them back to court. I don't care about Narada, or his hat.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11285
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:18 am

Monker wrote:Like I said back when it happened, Nightmare did not have to allow this. The truth is nobody knows what was said before or after this happened. And, this is the last "performance" NoMaTa has had as Journey. Like I said back then, since it is on video and on YouTube, they needed to get synch rights from whoever owns the publishing rights as well. If they didn't, it wasn't legal and the publisher can tell YouTube to remove it...and I believe that would include Steve Perry's publisher.


You said there is no band Journey. Now you're backtracking....
Which is it? Either the band Journey performed on NBC or they did not. This isn't a Schrodinger cat-type scenario.

Monker wrote:That's not "controling Journey", that's just an empty webpage.


Management can, and often does, control the roll-out of new releases.
Especially QPrime, which still partially has their own inhouse record label and radio team.
But you know all this already, right?


Monker wrote:The bottom line is NoMaTa can not use the Journey name unless they either win it in court or Nightmare licenses it to them. That is just a simple fact.


They already used the name on national television.


Monker wrote:
The guy who DOES know is misleading people by saying a single will be released in a few weeks every few months or so.

There are also simple facts:
To release video that are live versions of a song, you need synch rights from the publisher or it is not legal.
If a band name is trademarked, that trademark needs to be licensed to you if you want to use that name.
Journey's trademark is in dispute due to Neal Schon misusing it in JTT and suing Valory/Smith.
It is also a fact that Journey has not released a single despite the fact that Neal has said one was coming since last July and having multiple songs recorded.
Lollapalooza ignore Neal's comments about Journey headlining.
There are no confirmed Journey live data for this year.

No trademark, no single, no live shows. A bunch of hot air from Neal and his fans and a few clips of "stuff" that is sposed to be new Journey.


Alot of those facts aren't unique to Journey and are due to the pandemic, which you conveniently ignore. Who's the misleading one again?

Monker wrote:I don't care about Narada, or his hat.


As soon as Randy and Narada were added to the band, your bitching reached an all time fever bitch. Check your white privilege. We see you.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15055
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby Monker » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:36 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:Like I said back when it happened, Nightmare did not have to allow this. The truth is nobody knows what was said before or after this happened. And, this is the last "performance" NoMaTa has had as Journey. Like I said back then, since it is on video and on YouTube, they needed to get synch rights from whoever owns the publishing rights as well. If they didn't, it wasn't legal and the publisher can tell YouTube to remove it...and I believe that would include Steve Perry's publisher.


You said there is no band Journey. Now you're backtracking....
Which is it? Either the band Journey performed on NBC or they did not. This isn't a Schrodinger cat-type scenario.


What we have is NoMaTo wanting to call themselves Journey but the trademark is tied up in court. As I said above, if either Nightmare or the publishers want to push the issue, they could force that video to be taken down. I think they let it slide because it was for charity and no profit was involved...

Monker wrote:That's not "controling Journey", that's just an empty webpage.


Management can, and often does, control the roll-out of new releases.

Especially QPrime, which still partially has their own inhouse record label and radio team.
But you know all this already, right?


There is no new release, even a single...even after Neal promoting both for almost a year and recording over 20 songs.

If ANYBODY releases it and Nightmare wins the lawsuit they are setting themselves up for another lawsuit from Nightmare.

Monker wrote:The bottom line is NoMaTa can not use the Journey name unless they either win it in court or Nightmare licenses it to them. That is just a simple fact.


They already used the name on national television.


Correct...and they haven't since...almost a year ago and only weeks after all of this started.

Monker wrote:
The guy who DOES know is misleading people by saying a single will be released in a few weeks every few months or so.

There are also simple facts:
To release video that are live versions of a song, you need synch rights from the publisher or it is not legal.
If a band name is trademarked, that trademark needs to be licensed to you if you want to use that name.
Journey's trademark is in dispute due to Neal Schon misusing it in JTT and suing Valory/Smith.
It is also a fact that Journey has not released a single despite the fact that Neal has said one was coming since last July and having multiple songs recorded.
Lollapalooza ignore Neal's comments about Journey headlining.
There are no confirmed Journey live data for this year.

No trademark, no single, no live shows. A bunch of hot air from Neal and his fans and a few clips of "stuff" that is sposed to be new Journey.


Alot of those facts aren't unique to Journey and are due to the pandemic, which you conveniently ignore. Who's the misleading one again?


The pandemic is just an excuse you are now making. A few months ago, even you were saying they could do stuff online...now that I am saying the same thing, you make excuses.

It is obvious to me that Journey is not going to tour or release any new music until the trademark issues that Neal caused are resolved.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11285
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:41 am

Monker wrote:What we have is NoMaTo wanting to call themselves Journey but the trademark is tied up in court. As I said above, if either Nightmare or the publishers want to push the issue, they could force that video to be taken down. I think they let it slide because it was for charity and no profit was involved...

You’re all over the place. First you claim that the band “Journey” doesn’t currently exist. Now you admit it did exist on national TV - but only because Nightmare let it slide for charity. Hey, the initial ‘Journey Through Time’ concert was a benefit concert. If Nightmare is so benevolent, why didn’t they ignore JTT too?
Monker wrote:There is no new release, even a single...even after Neal promoting both for almost a year and recording over 20 songs.


I'm glad Neal is excited and teasing the release of new music. I would rather have delayed new music than the alternative: no new music.

Monker wrote:If ANYBODY releases it and Nightmare wins the lawsuit they are setting themselves up for another lawsuit from Nightmare.


Without the Elmo Brothers, Nightmare just lost access to one of the fattest teats on the Journey cash cow - touring revenue.
Winning these lawsuits would further damage the name/mark/brand Nightmare claims to protect.

Monker wrote:The pandemic is just an excuse you are now making. A few months ago, even you were saying they could do stuff online...now that I am saying the same thing, you make excuses.


How could they possibly do a livestream? Arnel isn’t even in America atm.

Monker wrote:It is obvious to me that Journey is not going to tour or release any new music until the trademark issues that Neal caused are resolved.


And when new Journey music is out and the tour is booked, you will pretend you never said this or claim it was taken out of context.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15055
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby Monker » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:30 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:What we have is NoMaTo wanting to call themselves Journey but the trademark is tied up in court. As I said above, if either Nightmare or the publishers want to push the issue, they could force that video to be taken down. I think they let it slide because it was for charity and no profit was involved...

You’re all over the place. First you claim that the band “Journey” doesn’t currently exist.


Correct. Journey does not exist because Neal sued Ross and Ross counter sued and asked the court to decide who owns the trademark.

Now you admit it did exist on national TV - but only because Nightmare let it slide for charity.


Partially correct. I did not say Journey exists. I said Nightmare let that happen without a lawsuit. I could start a band called "Journey" and put up a YouTube video and if Nightmare did not make a complain, it would stay...but that does NOT mean that I have the right to use the name.

YOU are the one who is claiming that Neal can use the Journey trademark even though it is being disputed in court.

Hey, the initial ‘Journey Through Time’ concert was a benefit concert. If Nightmare is so benevolent, why didn’t they ignore JTT too?


Ask Nightmare.

Monker wrote:There is no new release, even a single...even after Neal promoting both for almost a year and recording over 20 songs.


I'm glad Neal is excited and teasing the release of new music. I would rather have delayed new music than the alternative: no new music.


He is not "teasing" anybody. He is LYING to the public.

There was an old MTV bit with Neal and Jonathan (and later Jimmy Barnes) being taken in San Francisco. Towards the end, Ian Hunter asks what is coming for Journey. Neal laughs it off and says he'd have to ask Steve Perry. Then they make some joke about some lady watching them from a window and asking her. They go to commercial and come back and he asks again. Jonathan says they were going to get together later that summer (or whatever) to write and should have something together sometime next year.

That is what Neal is doing. He knows he can't release anything while the name is in court. He knows he can't tour as Journey. So, when he does an interview and says a single will be out in a few weeks and they will tour later this year - HE IS LYING.

Without the Elmo Brothers, Nightmare just lost access to one of the fattest teats on the Journey cash cow - touring revenue.
Winning these lawsuits would further damage the name/mark/brand Nightmare claims to protect.


NOT TRUE. Elmo Brothers has nothing to do with NIghtmare any longer....and according to the document in Ross's lawsuit, they haven't since 1994. Elmo exists so Neal, Jonathan and Steve Perry can get royalties for ROR and TBF. As you correctly pointed out, there is a document describing the exit of Steve Perry and that a new entity (NoMoTa) would need to be created for the future.

Therefore, there needs to be a license agreement between Nightmare and NoMota. Where is it? Until Neal and Jonathan can produce one, they have NO rights to use the Journey name...not for an album, not for a tour.

Monker wrote:The pandemic is just an excuse you are now making. A few months ago, even you were saying they could do stuff online...now that I am saying the same thing, you make excuses.


How could they possibly do a livestream show? Arnel isn’t even in America atm.


So what. Fly him over for a couple weeks. That is not an excuse. The real reason is they CAN'T because they have no rights to use the name.

Monker wrote:It is obvious to me that Journey is not going to tour or release any new music until the trademark issues that Neal caused are resolved.

And when new Journey music is out and the tour is booked, you will pretend you never said this or claim it was taken out of context.


The only way that can happen is if NoMoTa get a license, they use a different name, or they try to be Journey without a license...setting up a court complaint from Nightmare, or Ross.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11285
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:27 am

Monker wrote:What we have is NoMaTo wanting to call themselves Journey but the trademark is tied up in court. As I said above, if either Nightmare or the publishers want to push the issue, they could force that video to be taken down. I think they let it slide because it was for charity and no profit was involved...

The_Noble_Cause wrote:You’re all over the place. First you claim that the band “Journey” doesn’t currently exist.


Monker wrote:Correct. Journey does not exist because Neal sued Ross and Ross counter sued and asked the court to decide who owns the trademark.



So, now that Journey has settled with Ross and Smitty we can assume the trademark issue is resolved?
jrnyman28
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6443
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:15 pm

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:28 am

Monker wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:What we have is NoMaTo wanting to call themselves Journey but the trademark is tied up in court. As I said above, if either Nightmare or the publishers want to push the issue, they could force that video to be taken down. I think they let it slide because it was for charity and no profit was involved...

You’re all over the place. First you claim that the band “Journey” doesn’t currently exist.


Correct. Journey does not exist because Neal sued Ross and Ross counter sued and asked the court to decide who owns the trademark.

Now you admit it did exist on national TV - but only because Nightmare let it slide for charity.


Partially correct. I did not say Journey exists. I said Nightmare let that happen without a lawsuit. I could start a band called "Journey" and put up a YouTube video and if Nightmare did not make a complain, it would stay...but that does NOT mean that I have the right to use the name.

YOU are the one who is claiming that Neal can use the Journey trademark even though it is being disputed in court.

Hey, the initial ‘Journey Through Time’ concert was a benefit concert. If Nightmare is so benevolent, why didn’t they ignore JTT too?


Ask Nightmare.

Monker wrote:There is no new release, even a single...even after Neal promoting both for almost a year and recording over 20 songs.


I'm glad Neal is excited and teasing the release of new music. I would rather have delayed new music than the alternative: no new music.


He is not "teasing" anybody. He is LYING to the public.

There was an old MTV bit with Neal and Jonathan (and later Jimmy Barnes) being taken in San Francisco. Towards the end, Ian Hunter asks what is coming for Journey. Neal laughs it off and says he'd have to ask Steve Perry. Then they make some joke about some lady watching them from a window and asking her. They go to commercial and come back and he asks again. Jonathan says they were going to get together later that summer (or whatever) to write and should have something together sometime next year.

That is what Neal is doing. He knows he can't release anything while the name is in court. He knows he can't tour as Journey. So, when he does an interview and says a single will be out in a few weeks and they will tour later this year - HE IS LYING.

Without the Elmo Brothers, Nightmare just lost access to one of the fattest teats on the Journey cash cow - touring revenue.
Winning these lawsuits would further damage the name/mark/brand Nightmare claims to protect.


NOT TRUE. Elmo Brothers has nothing to do with NIghtmare any longer....and according to the document in Ross's lawsuit, they haven't since 1994. Elmo exists so Neal, Jonathan and Steve Perry can get royalties for ROR and TBF. As you correctly pointed out, there is a document describing the exit of Steve Perry and that a new entity (NoMoTa) would need to be created for the future.

Therefore, there needs to be a license agreement between Nightmare and NoMota. Where is it? Until Neal and Jonathan can produce one, they have NO rights to use the Journey name...not for an album, not for a tour.

Monker wrote:The pandemic is just an excuse you are now making. A few months ago, even you were saying they could do stuff online...now that I am saying the same thing, you make excuses.


How could they possibly do a livestream show? Arnel isn’t even in America atm.


So what. Fly him over for a couple weeks. That is not an excuse. The real reason is they CAN'T because they have no rights to use the name.

Monker wrote:It is obvious to me that Journey is not going to tour or release any new music until the trademark issues that Neal caused are resolved.

And when new Journey music is out and the tour is booked, you will pretend you never said this or claim it was taken out of context.


The only way that can happen is if NoMoTa get a license, they use a different name, or they try to be Journey without a license...setting up a court complaint from Nightmare, or Ross.



Blah blah blah. Neal was right. The Journey continues......
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15055
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby ebake02 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:00 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:Keep in mind that Neal also said that there would be a single last July, a single every month this year until the album was released, and a single in February.

Frankly, I don't believe much of what Neal says anymore.


Management controls this stuff. You are just harping on petty stuff (ex. dates) because your doomsday proclamations have been shot to shit.
Neal promised that the Journey would continue with new music. Where's the lie?


The lie is exactly what was already said. Then he talked last summer about the new album and gave the impression that it was pretty much done but now he's saying they're still recording material. I get that the lawsuit was probably holding up everything but don't make empty promises and string everybody along for six months, Neal has been talking about it for so long that I'm starting to wonder if there any new music at all.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2858
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: Northeast

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:47 am

ebake02 wrote:The lie is exactly what was already said. Then he talked last summer about the new album and gave the impression that it was pretty much done but now he's saying they're still recording material. I get that the lawsuit was probably holding up everything but don't make empty promises and string everybody along for six months, Neal has been talking about it for so long that I'm starting to wonder if there any new music at all.


Nobody was "promised" anything. Last summer, I recall talks about a single coming out. Nothing about an album being done. In general, when it comes to release dates in the entertainment industry - not just music - these things are pretty fluid. If you feel heartbroken and betrayed because you have to wait another month or two or three, I don't know what to say. The alternative - no music - is far worse.

Personally, I hope they keep recording until we have a double album.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15055
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby ebake02 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:28 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
ebake02 wrote:The lie is exactly what was already said. Then he talked last summer about the new album and gave the impression that it was pretty much done but now he's saying they're still recording material. I get that the lawsuit was probably holding up everything but don't make empty promises and string everybody along for six months, Neal has been talking about it for so long that I'm starting to wonder if there any new music at all.


Nobody was "promised" anything. Last summer, I recall talks about a single coming out. Nothing about an album being done. In general, when it comes to release dates in the entertainment industry - not just music - these things are pretty fluid. If you feel heartbroken and betrayed because you have to wait another month or two or three, I don't know what to say. The alternative - no music - is far worse.

Personally, I hope they keep recording until we have a double album.


I’ve been wanting new music and waiting for it for 10 years. I’ll be first in line buy any new music but I’m tired of waiting and listening to them talk about it for almost a year with no results.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2858
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: Northeast

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:53 am

ebake02 wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
ebake02 wrote:The lie is exactly what was already said. Then he talked last summer about the new album and gave the impression that it was pretty much done but now he's saying they're still recording material. I get that the lawsuit was probably holding up everything but don't make empty promises and string everybody along for six months, Neal has been talking about it for so long that I'm starting to wonder if there any new music at all.


Nobody was "promised" anything. Last summer, I recall talks about a single coming out. Nothing about an album being done. In general, when it comes to release dates in the entertainment industry - not just music - these things are pretty fluid. If you feel heartbroken and betrayed because you have to wait another month or two or three, I don't know what to say. The alternative - no music - is far worse.

Personally, I hope they keep recording until we have a double album.


I’ve been wanting new music and waiting for it for 10 years. I’ll be first in line buy any new music but I’m tired of waiting and listening to them talk about it for almost a year with no results.


Neal feels the same way. Hang tight.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15055
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:41 pm

I am guessing Journey is waiting until they can tour before they release a new album. And nobody wants to be the first band to tour. So, when other bands start touring, then Journey will be right there with them and release the new album.
Unless something goes wrong, I think there will be a big announcement made in July.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby Andrew » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:55 pm

The legal shit held things up...

Now plans are back underway for scheduling/timetable...but you are absolutely right - a release will depend on touring options.
User avatar
Andrew
Administrator
 
Posts: 10538
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby ebake02 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:29 am

Andrew wrote:The legal shit held things up...

Now plans are back underway for scheduling/timetable...but you are absolutely right - a release will depend on touring options.


I hope I'm wrong but I honestly don't see touring on the table until next year at the earliest with as slow as the reopening has been.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2858
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: Northeast

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby FamilyMan » Wed May 19, 2021 3:48 am

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertai ... story.html

Read a couple articles and don't see any Journey mention. But don't see any acts, really, except Foo Fighters.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1123
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 am

Re: Journey - Lollapalooza

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed May 19, 2021 4:37 am

My son just called me (he lives in Chicago) said that Journey will be announced tomorrow at 10am as one of the headliners.
STYX new album coming in 2021
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:00 am


Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests