Settlement Reached

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Settlement Reached

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:10 am

ebake02 wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:
ummm....I beg to differ. He got right back into his stride after 1 show. The fact that he did 3 of them was incredible. If Perry thought his voice was trash, he would have NEVER had done any of them. And yes, he did sing them WELL. And DO NOT FORGET, that he did the spontaneous song on the red carpet at the NEED FOR SPEED premiere in 2014. And I and 200 others heard him live, acapella in Rhode Island at the breast cancer event, in 2019. He was so SMOOTH, with no roughness in his voice, AT ALL.

He sounds great for someone who's 70 years old and I thought his voice was good on Traces but let's be real, I can't see him attempting an entire Journey song or even his earlier solo work at this point without tuning it down so far that it sounds bad.

I'm sorry. I forgot to add, according to my recollection, he did the entire OPEN ARMS song at the RI event and he sounded great.
bellairepark73
LP

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:49 am

Monker wrote:Perry is 70something years old.

The reason Perry won't tour again is he doesn't have anybody in his life that he listens to. Perry was ready to quit music in the 1970's when his mother told him to do Journey. Then Perry was ready to give up in 1980's, but once again, his mother told him to do Raised on Radio album and tour. Then Perry went missing after Trial By Fire until his girlfriend who was dying of cancer told him to do another solo album. Right now, there is nobody in his life to tell him, "70 is the new 40! Get your ass on the road and tour!"
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:49 am

JourneyHard wrote:
Monker wrote:Perry is 70something years old.

The reason Perry won't tour again is he doesn't have anybody in his life that he listens to. Perry was ready to quit music in the 1970's when his mother told him to do Journey. Then Perry was ready to give up in 1980's, but once again, his mother told him to do Raised on Radio album and tour. Then Perry went missing after Trial By Fire until his girlfriend who was dying of cancer told him to do another solo album. Right now, there is nobody in his life to tell him, "70 is the new 40! Get your ass on the road and tour!"

I often wonder what voices are in your head that you're listening to.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:07 am

bellairepark73 wrote:
Sorry TNC. I WASN'T responding to the comment that he would not tour again. If he had wanted to do anything live, he would do YT live. I was responding to the comment that his voice was supposedly bad and that he can't do one entire Journey song. I was there for the event in RI and he did the entire OPEN ARMS song and he sounded great. That's all I was saying/replying/responding to.

Ah, I agree. I think he sounded good.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Previous

Return to Journey