Cain talks Valory coup, divine lyrical help, and new music

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Cain talks Valory coup, divine lyrical help, and new music

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:14 am

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/jonatha ... ney-music/

On the coup...

"It was sort of a shocking thing, that brothers had come to that," he says. "We had to sort it out. You get lemons, you make lemonade - what else are you gonna do? It's probably not that out of the ordinary for bands to do this kind of stuff, and it's usually based on greed or whatever. I really am glad it's behind us, and I wish everybody well, really. I have no ill will towards anyone."

On the new cd...

Cain says the new Journey album is "close to being done," though with no release date set as of yet. There's a tentative title, which he's not revealing, and the package is being designed by Jim Welch, who worked with the band on several classic albums, including Infinity, Departure and Escape.

"It's typical Journey, I think," Cain says. "We're back to our old sound, but it's got a little bit more on the bottom end. It's got fire. It's just a little bit more edge to it. Neal's playing his butt off, and it's very driven, very cool. The songs came very interesting. I like it a lot."

More at the link.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: Cain talks Valory coup, divine lyrical help, and new mus

Postby Onestepper » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:24 pm

Great to see they consider Jason D a secret weapon, and they will be featuring him more and more. He also makes that Cain single pop a bit.

That video though is atrocious.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:45 am

Onestepper wrote:Great to see they consider Jason D a secret weapon, and they will be featuring him more and more. He also makes that Cain single pop a bit.

While religious music isn't my thing, I think that new Cain single is mixed better than Journey's new track.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:34 pm

It sounds like they are waiting for full tour in summer of 2022. That gives them time to learn some deep cuts. I hope it is an Evening with Journey and NOT a twin bill with some other band that makes them play only the dirty dozen.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Onestepper » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:45 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Onestepper wrote:Great to see they consider Jason D a secret weapon, and they will be featuring him more and more. He also makes that Cain single pop a bit.

While religious music isn't my thing, I think that new Cain single is mixed better than Journey's new track.

Completely agree.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:22 am

JourneyHard wrote:It sounds like they are waiting for full tour in summer of 2022. That gives them time to learn some deep cuts. I hope it is an Evening with Journey and NOT a twin bill with some other band that makes them play only the dirty dozen.

Agreed. While some of their double and triple bills have exposed me to great live music I otherwise wouldn’t have explored (ex. Frampton in 2001… WOW) I’m getting old and I just wanna see as much of my favorite band as I can.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:57 pm

Eric wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:It sounds like they are waiting for full tour in summer of 2022. That gives them time to learn some deep cuts. I hope it is an Evening with Journey and NOT a twin bill with some other band that makes them play only the dirty dozen.

Agreed. While some of their double and triple bills have exposed me to great live music I otherwise wouldn’t have explored (ex. Frampton in 2001… WOW) I’m getting old and I just wanna see as much of my favorite band as I can.

Exactly. They have the additional singer. So, they can do a full two-hour concert and NOT destroy Arnel's voice. It was fun seeing other bands with Journey, but the time has come for Journey to shine.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey