QPrime Journey Biography

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

QPrime Journey Biography

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:16 am

Gotta love how it completely omits any mention of Perry. :lol:

"Founded in 1972, Journey, comprised of Neal Schon (lead guitar, backing vocals), Jonathan Cain (keyboards, backing vocals), Arnel Pineda (lead vocals), Randy Jackson (bass), Narada Michael Walden (drums) and Jason Derlatka (keyboards), is one of the most famous and beloved American rock bands of all time, having written some of the best-known songs in the modern musical canon. Since the group’s formation in 1973, the band has earned 19 top 40 singles, 25 Gold and Platinum albums, and has sold nearly 100 million albums globally. Their Greatest Hits album is certified 15 times-Platinum, making Journey one of the few bands to ever have been Diamond-certified and their song “Don’t Stop Believin’” has been streamed over one billion times alone.

Journey was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2017, and 2018’s co-headlining tour with Def Leppard was the band’s most successful tour to date, landing them in the Top 10 year-end touring chart with more than 1 million tickets sold, and earning them the prestigious Billboard “Legends of Live” touring award. March 2019 saw the release of Escape & Frontiers Live in Japan, a live DVD/CD set from their concert at the Budokan in Tokyo featuring the band’s first-ever performances of the albums Escape and Frontiers in their entirety. Journey has also received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and were inducted into the Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame. Additionally, the band is the subject of the award-winning documentary, Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey about the band’s resurgence upon adding Arnel Pineda as lead singer after founding member, Neal Schon, discovered the Philippines native on Youtube. In the near future, the band are excited to announce new music and their imminent return to touring, including headlining Lollapalooza on Saturday, July 31st."

https://qprime.com/artist/journey/
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: QPrime Journey Biography

Postby jrnyman28 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:32 am

To be fair, they don't mention any other previous member of Journey either.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Andrew » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:44 pm

That's a stupid decision. A few lines of extra history does not undervalue the current lineup.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:51 am

Wasn’t their first show at the end of 1973?
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:41 am

Eric wrote:Wasn’t their first show at the end of 1973?

Formed in 73, 1st show NYE 73
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:52 am

Perry did say he never felt part of the band! :D

(But seriously, an extra line mentioning all the former band members would have been nice.)
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:49 pm

That's not a bio. Don't know what it is...an ad for the current band?

But, it would not surprise me if they can not legally mention former members names on their webspace.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:53 pm

JourneyHard wrote:Perry did say he never felt part of the band! :D

(But seriously, an extra line mentioning all the former band members would have been nice.)

One line?

Prairie Prince, George Tickner, Aynsley Dunbar, Steve Smith, Ross Valory, Gregg Rolie, Robert Fleischman, Steve Perry, Steve Augeri, Jeff Scot Soto.

It would take more than one line to explain that.
Monker
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:33 am

I honestly don't see an issue with this. Everybody knows the Perry history, even the casual fans, so there so no sense beating a dead horse and going through same old story for the hundredth time.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Marabelle » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:30 pm

It is redundant but there are very few who have ever garnered the high praise or recognition, most would be shameless in the need to remind us but others seem satisfied acting as if it didn't really happen as we remember.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:29 am

Bio link now leads you to a error message saying "Woops. This page doesn't exist."

Is the band going to attempt to manage themselves the way Luke has with TOTO?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Gideon » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:18 am

This is extremely disquieting, as is the lack of information/update.

Andrew, any word now?
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:49 am

I asked Neal about management on Instagram and his response was "We are self managing".
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:45 am

jrnyman28 wrote:I asked Neal about management on Instagram and his response was "We are self managing".

Thanks for asking and getting an answer. The last time the band tried to "self" do anything, it was to release Red 13. Jonathan later said, we got our asses handed to us.
I expect this to pretty much go the same way. Really a shame. QPRIME had a big year planned including a DVD etc. All gone. Poof!
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby jrnyman28 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:28 pm

Wish we knew why, but I wasn't about to push my luck asking...
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:59 am

From a few months back....

"We have new management now that has come into play, and they’ve been amazing to work with — Q Prime [with] Peter Mensch and Cliff Burnstein — and they have quite a team put together, which I think they’ve proved themselves throughout the years. And they get it."

Gotta agree with Monker. I think things are officially FUbarred.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:29 am

I did read where Schon mentioned Narada got them the NYC shows/CNN gig. I wonder if they feel they have the experience and connections to make it happen?
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby Gideon » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:49 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
jrnyman28 wrote:I asked Neal about management on Instagram and his response was "We are self managing".

Thanks for asking and getting an answer. The last time the band tried to "self" do anything, it was to release Red 13. Jonathan later said, we got our asses handed to us.
I expect this to pretty much go the same way. Really a shame. QPRIME had a big year planned including a DVD etc. All gone. Poof!

100% convinced that these motherfuckers should stick to playing instruments and writing music and leave alllllllllll the marketing and management decisions to someone else. Absolute disgrace.

Andrew, would love your insights as to what this bodes.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:55 am

Gideon wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

100% convinced that these motherfuckers should stick to playing instruments and writing music and leave alllllllllll the marketing and management decisions to someone else. Absolute disgrace.

Andrew, would love your insights as to what this bodes.

Imagine flipping Azoff the bird, getting signed to Metallica and Disturbed's management company - a huge win! - and now being manager-less. Just a mess.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Loneman1 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:38 am

Wow that is really disappointing to hear. I was positive QPrime were going to do amazing things for Journey.......I'm shaking my damn head right now.
Rock on,
Eric
Loneman1
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:49 am

Loneman1 wrote:

Wow that is really disappointing to hear. I was positive QPrime were going to do amazing things for Journey.......I'm shaking my damn head right now.

Same. I still look forward to a new album, but really hold no hope for the future.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby brandonx76 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:43 am

Wow, that's really disappointing...I wonder if it had anything to do with their live performances and the power's that be saying "ok that's enough"

They simply didn't sound top notch / ready for prime time with these shows. At least the ones that were broadcast/streamed.
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:48 am

brandonx76 wrote:Wow, that's really disappointing...I wonder if it had anything to do with their live performances and the power's that be saying "ok that's enough"

They simply didn't sound top notch / ready for prime time with these shows. At least the ones that were broadcast/streamed.

Journey was probably the only listenable act at Lollapalozza. Overall, I thought that was a great performance. So I sincerely doubt that.

9/11 tribute stream sounded great. CNN was a little rough. And by the time of Iheart they were already off QPrime's website.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby brandonx76 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:22 am

I dunno...Arnel was all over the place - the mix on lollapalooza was pretty shitty (as was most of the mix for other bands (ex: Foo fighters). Sounded good for Post Malone, go figure!...Other shows had better mix, but I think the double drum thing wasn't working. Narada mixed really low too.
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:37 am

What little I saw of this scumbag seemed like lip syncing. The Lolla JRNY performance even garnered favorable publicity in usually hostile publications like Rolling Stone. So I just don't think that theory holds up.

The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:06 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Loneman1 wrote:

Same. I still look forward to a new album, but really hold no hope for the future.

Self managing? Does this mean Journey will be playing all the State Fairs in 2022?
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby ebake02 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:21 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Loneman1 wrote:

I’m wondering if they’re self managing out of necessity rather than by choice. QPrime was getting them publicity and high profile gigs that any band would kill for so Neal and Jon would have to be fucking high to fire them, unless QPrime really screwed the pooch on something.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:32 am

ebake02 wrote:I’m wondering if they’re self managing out of necessity rather than by choice. QPrime was getting them publicity and high profile gigs that any band would kill for so Neal and Jon would have to be fucking high to fire them, unless QPrime really screwed the pooch on something.

Except there has been NO news of a label signing the band. Unless Neal was lying again, someone was talking to BMG...and nothing has come out of that. It would not surprise me that BMG either fell through, or was not "good enough" for Neal to agree to and he figures they don't need QPrime to schedule a tour so if they can't score them a label, then they are not worth paying for. So, maybe Neal will be burning DVD's and CD's in his garage next to his Journey Harley.
Monker
MP3

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:31 pm

JourneyHard wrote:Self managing? Does this mean Journey will be playing all the State Fairs in 2022?

I enjoyed the Journey shows far, far better when they were playing fairs than the shows of the last 10 years or more where all they do is play the hits with little energy.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:45 pm

Monker wrote:
Except there has been NO news of a label signing the band. Unless Neal was lying again, someone was talking to BMG...and nothing has come out of that. It would not surprise me that BMG either fell through, or was not "good enough" for Neal to agree to and he figures they don't need QPrime to schedule a tour so if they can't score them a label, then they are not worth paying for. So, maybe Neal will be burning DVD's and CD's in his garage next to his Journey Harley.

Schon has stopped tagging QPrime in social media posts, but is regularly tagging BMG. Narada maybe off the road, in part, to get the album together in time for a release date now.

As for the lack of a public announcement... well, lately, all of the press releases have been done through QPrime. So there's your answer.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Next

Return to Journey