New Bass Player

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

New Bass Player

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:43 pm

Band played a private corporate gig tonight. Bassist had blonde hair - almost looked like Jeff Coffey from Chicago. No idea who it was. Based on the stream, both Arnel & Deen sounded great.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: New Bass Player

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:15 pm

Bassist last night was Todd Jensen ( Hardline, Paul Rodgers etc).
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby NoMoreTails » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:27 pm

Cool, good to know Neal and Deen are still in touch with Todd. Hopefully this is just a one-off however, as Marco is on a solo tour of Europe until mid-November. It would be cool to have Randy and Narada on board for one tour, but my first thought (and wish list) for the new rhythm section was Deen and Marco.
NoMoreTails
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:38 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Bassist last night was Todd Jensen ( Hardline, Paul Rodgers etc).

Todd was also Steve Perry's bass player on the Strange Medicine tour, for those that may not know.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:06 am

NoMoreTails wrote:Cool, good to know Neal and Deen are still in touch with Todd. Hopefully this is just a one-off however, as Marco is on a solo tour of Europe until mid-November. It would be cool to have Randy and Narada on board for one tour, but my first thought (and wish list) for the new rhythm section was Deen and Marco.

At this point, if we are going to use hired guns with no connection to the band's past (unlike, say, Randy who was on Frontiers and ROR), they should just bring Ross back. Throw a bag of cash at him.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:15 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Bassist last night was Todd Jensen ( Hardline, Paul Rodgers etc).

Todd was also Steve Perry's bass player on the Strange Medicine tour, for those that may not know.

I THOUGHT so! Recognized the name almost right away. How...interesting. The industry is small indeed. A bass player is a bass player I guess.
bellairepark73
LP

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:16 pm

:shock:
Wasn't he on Steve's FTLOSM tour?
bellairepark73
LP

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:17 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
At this point, if we are going to use hired guns with no connection to the band's past (unlike, say, Randy who was on Frontiers and ROR), they should just bring Ross back. Throw a bag of cash at him.

Um, nah. I prefer seeing some who WANTS to be there.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:20 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
NoMoreTails wrote:Cool, good to know Neal and Deen are still in touch with Todd. Hopefully this is just a one-off however, as Marco is on a solo tour of Europe until mid-November. It would be cool to have Randy and Narada on board for one tour, but my first thought (and wish list) for the new rhythm section was Deen and Marco.

LOL. Neal's biggest mistake was suing Nightmare/Smith/Valory. The band STILL has not recovered from that.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:23 pm

bellairepark73 wrote:

:shock:
Wasn't he on Steve's FTLOSM tour?

Yes.

And, Neal toured with him with Hardline and then with Paul Rodgers.
Monker
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:16 am

Monker wrote:
LOL. Neal's biggest mistake was suing Nightmare/Smith/Valory. The band STILL has not recovered from that.

Once again, you are omitting the fact that Cain sued - or do you think he was okay with being deposed as president?

If the band has been impacted by the lawsuit in any substantial way, I've yet to see it. As a fan, I would prefer stability in the rythm section as well as some sort of historical connection. But that's my own personal perception - I don't see any changes to the immediate touring viability of the band.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Return to Journey