Journey album - new date

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Journey album - new date

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:32 am

jestor92 wrote:Just for the record Kiss cancelled the Vegas residency because of soft ticket sales.

Are we really going to pretend that the pandemic isn't a factor? A Kiss roadie died. Gene and Paul got it. The band just endured a rash of bad publicity about a lack of protocols. Of course, all this stuff factors into consumer buying decisions.

And it makes Journey look smarter for treading carefully back into the market.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby jestor92 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:04 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
jestor92 wrote:Just for the record Kiss cancelled the Vegas residency because of soft ticket sales.

Are we really going to pretend that the pandemic isn't a factor? A Kiss roadie died. Gene and Paul got it. The band just endured a rash of bad publicity about a lack of protocols. Of course, all this stuff factors into consumer buying decisions.

The pandemic is a factor, but are we going to pretend it’s the only reason they canceled their residency. Kiss has been selling well during the 2021 tour whether folks want to admit it or not.
jestor92
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:16 am

jestor92 wrote:The pandemic is a factor, but are we going to pretend it’s the only reason they canceled their residency.

I'm sure there are other factors, but the pandemic is a big one. Hopefully Journey doesn't have to cancel.

jestor92 wrote:Kiss has been selling well during the 2021 tour whether folks want to admit it or not.

Making the soft ticket sales of the residency surprising. But I heard it was pretty expensive.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:10 am

Monker wrote:A tour that is supposed to start in three or four months....but NONE of those bands Journey is supposed to tour with have mentioned it. ZERO venues have advertised any type of tour for February. I ask again, how close to February does it need to be before you guys admit that a tour will not start in February?

You were saying? :roll:

The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby jrnyman28 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:17 am

"Billy Idol will join the Freedom Tour from Feb. 22 through April 5 while Toto will perform April 7 through May 11."
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby ebake02 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:04 am

Monker wrote:A tour that is supposed to start in three or four months....but NONE of those bands Journey is supposed to tour with have mentioned it. ZERO venues have advertised any type of tour for February. I ask again, how close to February does it need to be before you guys admit that a tour will not start in February?

The Pittsburgh date is already posted on the arena's website and as well as their twitter feed with the on sale date for tickets :roll: :roll:
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:16 am

To be fair Monker was only going by what can be perceived as JRNY's usual MO. He presented solid logic but at the moment, is wrong. No harm done.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby koberry » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:29 am

I guess we know the title of the new album. Hopefully Herbie knew of it before he passed. And how long before a tour would a such-titled album be released?
koberry
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:26 pm

bellairepark73 wrote:To be fair Monker was only going by what can be perceived as JRNY's usual MO. He presented solid logic but at the moment, is wrong.

He's been consistently wrong on everything from Lollapalooza to new music.

A string of failed predictions is "strong logic"? :lol: Ok dude.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:08 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:To be fair Monker was only going by what can be perceived as JRNY's usual MO. He presented solid logic but at the moment, is wrong.

I SAID that he is wrong at the moment!!!! Didn't I??? He presented solid logic based on what he perceived as Journey's usual MO. I see no new music from them yet.

And by the way... I am NOT a dude... Like you aren't a dudette.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:31 pm

bellairepark73 wrote:
I SAID that he is wrong at the moment!!!! Didn't I??? He presented solid logic based on what he perceived as Journey's usual MO. I see no new music from them yet.

“Journey’s usual MO”. I don’t follow?
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:54 pm

bellairepark73 wrote:I SAID that he is wrong at the moment!!!! Didn't I???

Except he's been consistently wrong.

bellairepark73 wrote:He presented solid logic based on what he perceived as Journey's usual MO.

Repeatedly calling Neal a liar passes for "solid logic"?

bellairepark73 wrote: I see no new music from them yet.

They already released a single.

bellairepark73 wrote:And by the way... I am NOT a dude... Like you aren't a dudette.

Dumbasses have no gender.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Monker » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:52 am

bellairepark73 wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

And by the way... I am NOT a dude... Like you aren't a dudette.

Journey's usual MO is Neal saying what he WANTS to happen before it is actually signed and going to happen. So, the tour is announced just after Todd Jensen starts playing for them. Pretty ironic, don't ya think? There was no solid lineup to tour until that happened.

And, for all the hype of Narada and Jackson, they are not even on the tour.

What he is talking about "no new music" is I said there was no way in hell they were going to release any new music while the lawsuit was going on. And, they didn't. So, he'll take that, lump it together with things I said 20yrs ago and present it as one thing. I'm just tired of arguing about it...it just degenerates down to him insulting. As you'll find out, if you haven't already, if you keep arguing with him.
Monker
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:37 pm

Monker wrote:Journey's usual MO is Neal saying what he WANTS to happen before it is actually signed and going to happen. So, the tour is announced just after Todd Jensen starts playing for them. Pretty ironic, don't ya think?

They did one private show with Todd. I seriously doubt the tour revolved around his availability. You are a conspiracy theorist.

Monker wrote:What he is talking about "no new music" is I said there was no way in hell they were going to release any new music while the lawsuit was going on.

You've been dismissing the possibility of new music since Eclipse. You were wrong.

Monker wrote: So, he'll take that, lump it together with things I said 20yrs ago and present it as one thing.

Since Eclipse, you have steadfastly maintained that the band will never release another album. Prior to the lawsuit, you never expressed optimism over new music. The lawsuit is totally irrelevant.

Monker wrote: I'm just tired of arguing about it...it just degenerates down to him insulting.

For those playing at home....

MONKER PREDICTION SCORECARD (as of 11/16/21)

Journey will never record again - WRONG
Journey will never be signed to a major label again - WRONG
Journey will be tied up in court for years - WRONG
Journey is not playing at Lollapalooza - WRONG
Journey will not have a tour starting in February - WRONG.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:03 am

Dumbasses have no gender.

That must be YOU.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:13 am

Journey's usual MO is Neal saying what he WANTS to happen before it is actually signed and going to happen. So, the tour is announced just after Todd Jensen starts playing for them. Pretty ironic, don't ya think? There was no solid lineup to tour until that happened.

What he is talking about "no new music" is I said there was no way in hell they were going to release any new music while the lawsuit was going on. And, they didn't. So, he'll take that, lump it together with things I said 20yrs ago and present it as one thing. I'm just tired of arguing about it...it just degenerates down to him insulting. As you'll find out, if you haven't already, if you keep arguing with him.

Oh unfortunately I have seen it and experienced it. I was attempting to bring a point of harmony and trying to give people/person(s) the benefit of the doubt not blaming anyone or gaslighting anyone BUT that particular person can NOT stand that but BULLIES others with brutish words. And so what do bullies do...end with an insult. SAD.

And two your credit, there was no new music until after the settlement out of court.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:56 am

To be fair, the new double album has not been released yet. Perhaps they won't release it at all. They are going to be playing the Dirty Dozen in every concert on the tour. They don't really need the new album.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:55 am

bellairepark73 wrote:Oh unfortunately I have seen it and experienced it.

If so, please provide examples. Should be easy enough, right?

bellairepark73 wrote: I was attempting to bring a point of harmony and trying to give people/person(s) the benefit of the doubt not blaming anyone or gaslighting anyone...

Oh please. You are about as unifying as Louis Farrakhan.
You gave the forum's resident Schon-obssessed liar credit for his "solid logic" and then piled on about "Journey's MO."
When asked for examples, you provided ZERO.
Most of this is just re-directed anger from Perry stringing his fans along since VH1 BTM ("I'm thinkin of touring soon").

bellairepark73 wrote:And two your credit, there was no new music until after the settlement out of court.

Nobody here disputed that there was ongoing litigation that could potentially impact the band.
Monker said that litigation would tie them up interminably in court (wrong) and also said, as far back as Eclipse, that the band would never record again (wrong).
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Monker » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:08 am

bellairepark73 wrote:

Oh unfortunately I have seen it and experienced it. I was attempting to bring a point of harmony and trying to give people/person(s) the benefit of the doubt not blaming anyone or gaslighting anyone BUT that particular person can NOT stand that but BULLIES others with brutish words. And so what do bullies do...end with an insult. SAD.

And two your credit, there was no new music until after the settlement out of court.

The guy calls you a genderless dumbass, then asks you for examples of him being insulting, and in that very post he compares you to Louis Farrakhan. How much more ridiculous can you get? He's just trolling for arguments. I think he gets off on it. I'd just block him and not even read his posts.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:28 am

JourneyHard wrote:To be fair, the new double album has not been released yet. Perhaps they won't release it at all. They are going to be playing the Dirty Dozen in every concert on the tour. They don't really need the new album.

What I have said, repeatedly...probably 100 times by now, is that Journey will never have a deal like the Walmart deal ever again, and they will not be signed to major label like Sony ever again. Then I said that Journey would not tour or release anything while they were still in court....then TNC disagreed with saying that Toto, or somebody, did so Journey could too. ANDREW said the reason the tour and album were held up was because of the legal issues. As long as the trademark was being disputed, there would be no album and no tour. Now there will be no big $ deal like Walmart and they will not be signed to a major label like Sony ever again. They can release it on their own, or on an alternative label like BMG, but not on one of the three major label. - Sony, Universal, WB.
Monker
MP3

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:29 am

Monker wrote:I'd just block him and not even read his posts.

Yet apparently, you don't.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:54 am

Monker wrote:What I have said, repeatedly...probably 100 times by now, is that Journey will never have a deal like the Walmart deal ever again, and they will not be signed to major label like Sony ever again.

Your toxic negativity was not limited to quibbles about labels. You constantly wrote off new material from the band ENTIRELY.

Monker wrote:Yeah, right, a new Journey album. That will happen after Steve Perry tours for his solo release.

Monker wrote:I really feel that Eclipse was this bands last gasp for air….I doubt anybody sees any value in releasing another album with Arnel.

Monker wrote: Like I said back then, Eclipse will be Journey's final album.

Monker wrote:Eclipse is most likely Journey's final album.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:16 am

Monker wrote: He's just trolling for arguments. I think he gets off on it. I'd just block him and not even read his posts.

Speaking of trolling, how did these predictions work out for ya?

As I have asked here, how close to February does it need to be before YOU start doubting Journey will start a tour that month? There have been no dates announced, no confirmation of touring partners, and no venues have posted anything...how long can that continue?

ZERO venues have advertised any type of tour for February. I ask again, how close to February does it need to be before you guys admit that a tour will not start in February?
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Archetype » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:54 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Not sure I would blame the pandemic, as Genesis, Styx, Billy Joel, Megadeth, etc have been pulling very respectable ticket sales during the same pandemic.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:19 am

Archetype wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Not sure I would blame the pandemic, as Genesis, Styx, Billy Joel, Megadeth, etc have been pulling very respectable ticket sales during the same pandemic.

I said it was a factor. None of those bands (as far as I'm aware) received the bad press KISS did regarding covid handling procedures.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... h-1249590/
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Archetype » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:10 am

Archetype wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

I said it was a factor. None of those bands (as far as I'm aware) received the bad press KISS did regarding covid handling procedures.

Multiple members of Genesis and the Genesis crew contracted COVID and had to reschedule some dates
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:59 pm

Archetype wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Multiple members of Genesis and the Genesis crew contracted COVID and had to reschedule some dates

Well, I said "bad press." KISS was lambasted the media for having lax covid protocols - insiders spoke out about it. I even provided a link. Genesis didn't receive any bad press like that. It is entirely possible this had no effect on ticket sales - but I doubt it. What's your theory for the soft sales? Tickets being overpriced?
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Archetype » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:01 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Archetype wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Well, I said "bad press." KISS was lambasted the media for having lax covid protocols - insiders spoke out about it. I even provided a link. Genesis didn't receive any bad press like that. It is entirely possible this had no effect on ticket sales - but I doubt it. What's your theory for the soft sales? Tickets being overpriced?

Most people attending concerts right now are fairly apathetic about COVID. Those who would be guided by the hysteria being pushed by Rolling Stone wouldn’t have been purchasing tickets anyway. KISS just doesn’t seem to carry a lot of appeal these days. Their gimmicky performances aren’t timeless.
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:42 pm

Archetype wrote:Most people attending concerts right now are fairly apathetic about COVID. Those who would be guided by the hysteria being pushed by Rolling Stone wouldn’t have been purchasing tickets anyway. KISS just doesn’t seem to carry a lot of appeal these days. Their gimmicky performances aren’t timeless.

Prior to this residency, Kiss wasn't forced to cancel dates. The question is, "why?"
The covid story is at least a plausible cause and effect. You are just engaging in wild generalizations now.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Archetype » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:41 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Archetype wrote:Most people attending concerts right now are fairly apathetic about COVID. Those who would be guided by the hysteria being pushed by Rolling Stone wouldn’t have been purchasing tickets anyway. KISS just doesn’t seem to carry a lot of appeal these days. Their gimmicky performances aren’t timeless.

Prior to this residency, Kiss wasn't forced to cancel dates. The question is, "why?"
The covid story is at least a plausible cause and effect. You are just engaging in wild generalizations now.

A lot of other bands are doing great right now. KISS isn’t. A google search of KISS yields very little about this bad press. People just don’t want to see KISS.
Archetype
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Journey