Randy and Arnel Writing Credits on New Album

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Randy and Arnel Writing Credits on New Album

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:43 am

From recent Vegas press conference.....

“We’re very excited about the new record that we just completed,” Schon said. “We’ll actually be doing the sequencing during this residency on our days off. It’s sounding very, very strong—it’s a new direction, it’s a familiar direction and it’s something that people have never heard before. I think we did a great job of writing—Arnel [Pineda] co-wrote a song. Jon and I wrote a lot. Randy Jackson wrote. It was a COVID record because the only person I could be in a room with was Narada because we lived in the same town. So, we cut drums and guitar at the same time. Jonathan [Cain] was working out of his studio, Randy was working out of L.A., and Arnel was in Manila singing in his house.”
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: Randy and Arnel Writing Credits on New Album

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:57 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Schon said. “We’ll actually be doing the sequencing during this residency on our days off. It’s sounding very, very strong—it’s a new direction, it’s a familiar direction and it’s something that people have never heard before.

New direction, familiar direction and something people have never heard before? What does this mean? It seems contradictory. How can something be new and familiar at the same time? And I hope it is something we haven't heard before. It is NOT another rehash of the dirty dozen. But if he means it will be world shattering, I highly doubt it.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:12 pm

JourneyHard wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Schon said. “We’ll actually be doing the sequencing during this residency on our days off. It’s sounding very, very strong—it’s a new direction, it’s a familiar direction and it’s something that people have never heard before.

New direction, familiar direction and something people have never heard before? What does this mean? It seems contradictory. How can something be new and familiar at the same time? And I hope it is something we haven't heard before. It is NOT another rehash of the dirty dozen. But if he means it will be world shattering, I highly doubt it.

It means he is promising everything to everybody. He is doing what he has always done - completely overselling his latest project. I remember when Hardline came through town touring with Mr. Big way back in the early 90's. Hardline did a radio interview. Basically, they were acting like a bunch of cocky teenagers...just acting completely stupid. All except Neal who was acting like the only professional and mature person, believe it or not. But, when he was asked about Journey, he wouldn't even talk about it. He completely refused, saying how Hardline was the next big thing, that he really believed this band was ready to explode, that this was his future and would not even think about Journey. That is how he is with whatever project is his next thing. Journey is now his thing. It's not really shared with anyone, not even Jonathan, really. This is his band, his vision, what he wants.
Monker
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:01 pm

Monker wrote:It means he is promising everything to everybody. He is doing what he has always done - completely overselling his latest project. I remember when Hardline came through town touring with Mr. Big way back in the early 90's. Hardline did a radio interview. Basically, they were acting like a bunch of cocky teenagers...just acting completely stupid. All except Neal who was acting like the only professional and mature person, believe it or not. But, when he was asked about Journey, he wouldn't even talk about it. He completely refused, saying how Hardline was the next big thing, that he really believed this band was ready to explode, that this was his future and would not even think about Journey. That is how he is with whatever project is his next thing. Journey is now his thing. It's not really shared with anyone, not even Jonathan, really. This is his band, his vision, what he wants.

Ok. But enough about your creepy obsession with Neal. Let's talk about you. Any updates on these predictions?

As I have asked here, how close to February does it need to be before YOU start doubting Journey will start a tour that month? There have been no dates announced, no confirmation of touring partners, and no venues have posted anything...how long can that continue?

ZERO venues have advertised any type of tour for February. I ask again, how close to February does it need to be before you guys admit that a tour will not start in February?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:46 am

Monker wrote: I remember when Hardline came through town touring with Mr. Big way back in the early 90's. Hardline did a radio interview. Basically, they were acting like a bunch of cocky teenagers...just acting completely stupid.

I remember hearing a radio interview with Hardline when they were going to open for Van Halen here in Detroit. (I wish I went to that concert. What was I thinking NOT going?) Neal joked that they would play Don't Stop Believin' at the concert. I don't know if this meant he wished Journey was still touring back then. But I agree Neal is flakey and gets fired up about the flavor of the month. Soon, he will grow tired of this. He is so creative that he is bound to come up with a new solo album and he will be fired up about that.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey