Japan Freedom Bonus Track

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Japan Freedom Bonus Track

Postby DK23 » Sat May 21, 2022 1:17 pm

Listening to Neal's interview today, he mentioned the Japanese release of Freedom will have a bonus track. Visited Amazon Japan and did some Google translate; the song appears to be titled "Hard To Let It Go". Not seeing a runtime.

Anybody know how we can hear that track on release day? Besides buying it :lol:
DK23
Ol' 78

Re: Japan Freedom Bonus Track

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:23 am

DK23 wrote:Listening to Neal's interview today, he mentioned the Japanese release of Freedom will have a bonus track. Visited Amazon Japan and did some Google translate; the song appears to be titled "Hard To Let It Go". Not seeing a runtime.

Is Amazon the best way of buying the Japanese release of the album with the bonus track?

I'm still so used to the old days of going to a store near me and buying the album the day that it hit the shelves.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:46 pm

Andrew.

When will you be posting your review for Freedom? Or at least making some brief comments about the album?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:20 am

DK23 wrote:Listening to Neal's interview today, he mentioned the Japanese release of Freedom will have a bonus track. Visited Amazon Japan and did some Google translate; the song appears to be titled "Hard To Let It Go". Not seeing a runtime.

I'm sure someone will eventually put it on YouTube.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:24 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:

Is Amazon the best way of buying the Japanese release of the album with the bonus track?

I'm still so used to the old days of going to a store near me and buying the album the day that it hit the shelves.

Amazon should have it. CDUniverse.com is also an option. Not certain, but you could probably order it directly from Frontiers.
Monker
MP3

Postby Andrew » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:11 pm

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Gideon » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:01 am

When's your review or further commentary coming out? We're dyin' here! :D
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby FamilyMan » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:47 am

I've tried multiple times to buy off this site. Each time - and with two different credit card numbers - it keeps saying "there was a problem with your payment." Alas, I guess I'm stuck with a U.S. version.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:29 am

I used CD Universe way back in the 90's to get imports or rare CD's. They have been around a LONG time. I have not ordered from them in a while...so they may have changed, but I have never had a problem with them.

https://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo. ... tpref=none
Monker
MP3

Postby DK23 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:47 am

Gideon wrote:

When's your review or further commentary coming out? We're dyin' here! :D

Andrew tweeted he'll be publishing his review tomorrow
DK23
Ol' 78

Postby Loneman1 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:53 am

Thats where I grabbed my pre-order a couple of weeks or so ago. I'm curious how long it'll be before it reaches my hands.
Rock on,
Eric
Loneman1
8 Track

Postby Aaron » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:47 am

Ordered, thanks Mac.

Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby DK23 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:34 am

Anybody been able to find this online for streaming yet?
DK23
Ol' 78

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:12 pm

DK23 wrote:Anybody been able to find this online for streaming yet?

I'm hoping to get my copy of Freedom with the bonus track on Saturday night.

I'll post my opinion of the song after I hear the song.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby 19td73 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:44 am

Ok Got my Jap version of the cd on Friday and have listened to the bonus track "Hard to let it go". I love it. No regrets on paying more for this CD here. This whole collection of music is awesome. Been playing this and Toto pretty much since the Cleveland concert in May. If I can figure it out i'll try to upload and post the bonus track. I can see why it was left off nonetheless. Great vocal by Arnel and of course nice guitar solo by Neal. Reminds of how the Jap bonus track for Arrival "I'm Not That Way" sounded. But still different. Cheers!
19td73
Radio Waves

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:09 am

19td73 wrote:Ok Got my Jap version of the cd on Friday and have listened to the bonus track "Hard to let it go". I love it. No regrets on paying more for this CD here. This whole collection of music is awesome. Been playing this and Toto pretty much since the Cleveland concert in May. If I can figure it out i'll try to upload and post the bonus track. I can see why it was left off nonetheless. Great vocal by Arnel and of course nice guitar solo by Neal. Reminds of how the Jap bonus track for Arrival "I'm Not That Way" sounded. But still different. Cheers!

Thanks for the info.

My friend who ordered my copy for me also ordered himself a bunch of different CDs from CD Japan and there's a long wait on one of those CDs. So I still don't have my copy of Freedom with the bonus track yet.

How would you describe Neal's guitar solo on the bonus track?
Is it a fast and flashy solo, or is it a more melodic solo?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Loneman1 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:48 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
19td73 wrote:Ok Got my Jap version of the cd on Friday and have listened to the bonus track "Hard to let it go". I love it. No regrets on paying more for this CD here. This whole collection of music is awesome. Been playing this and Toto pretty much since the Cleveland concert in May. If I can figure it out i'll try to upload and post the bonus track. I can see why it was left off nonetheless. Great vocal by Arnel and of course nice guitar solo by Neal. Reminds of how the Jap bonus track for Arrival "I'm Not That Way" sounded. But still different. Cheers!

Thanks for the info.

My friend who ordered my copy for me also ordered himself a bunch of different CDs from CD Japan and there's a long wait on one of those CDs. So I still don't have my copy of Freedom with the bonus track yet.

Is it a fast and flashy solo, or is it a more melodic solo?

Neal's solo is pretty melodic on this track. I'm diggin' the song overall! This whole album has wowed me hearing the final package!
Rock on,
Eric
Loneman1
8 Track

Postby 19td73 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:15 am

Is it a fast and flashy solo, or is it a more melodic solo?[

Yeah like Loneman said i agree "Melodic". This bonus track and "still believe in love" are my faves in the slow tempo department. Well worth it to have now if you got the $$$ to spend. But don't get me wrong love me the rockers like "holdin on" and "come away with me". Been loving this release since I got it. Enjoy when you get it!
19td73
Radio Waves

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:18 pm

Thanks Loneman and 19td73.

I was hoping that it was going to be a Rocker! But I'm sure I'll still love the song and Neal's melodic playing on it.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby DK23 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:49 am

Still no signs of this online :cry:
DK23
Ol' 78

Postby ebake02 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:17 am

It looks this finally made it on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu_xC-xscuM
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Eric » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:39 am

That’s a good soaring vocal into a Schon solo. Haunting. Not a terrible cut, though.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:23 am

What is the strategy for having songs exclusively released on the Japan version of Journey albums? To me, I don't know what benefit it serves to Journey.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Loneman1 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:05 am

JourneyHard wrote:What is the strategy for having songs exclusively released on the Japan version of Journey albums? To me, I don't know what benefit it serves to Journey.

Yeah I was saying this a bit after I heard about the bonus. In this age of digital streaming and downloading, it seems a bit antiquated to still have Japan or other countries getting an extra physical media track. Its obviously still built into a lot of contracts for a Japanese release to promote sales of that version, but it just feels like an a bit too much of a call back to the old days of importing albums.
Rock on,
Eric
Loneman1
8 Track

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:10 pm

I assume that the hope of the band is to get some people to double-dip on buying the album? And Frontiers is trying to get American's to buy their release of the album?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:56 am

After living with this for a bit - I have really grown to like it. It even gets stuck in my head.

I'm now of the opinion this should have made it on the album. I guess I'd swap it out with "Still believe in love".
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby 19td73 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:04 am

Eric wrote:After living with this for a bit - I have really grown to like it. It even gets stuck in my head.

I'm now of the opinion this should have made it on the album. I guess I'd swap it out with "Still believe in love".

Yeah I feel the same way about this track but I respectfully disagree about swapping "still believe in love". I've read how some say it sounds like Neal's new age material or something like that but I love that song. I'd swap with "live to love again" if any. Thats a fine song also but it's like ive heard that song before on past Journey albums. JMO. Still digging this album btw.
19td73
Radio Waves

Return to Journey