New Journey in 2021!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: New Journey by July

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:49 pm

Andrew wrote:This post is months old. Your attempt to reengage in conversation with me is as obvious as it is lame.

I haven't posted or read anything on MR in months. Just catching up now and replying.
If you don't want responses, feel free to delete posts directed to me or about me. It's really that simple.

Andrew wrote:And this is the Journey board, not the Trumpstain thread. You bowed out of that thread months ago when challenged repeatedly about your endless Trump cheer-leading.

From what I recall, I debated circles around you. The articles of proof you waved around - like the Steele dossier - were exposed as Russian disinformation. When you weren't doing Putin's bidding, you were bashing the press (like Assange), eulogizing neocon warmongers (like Bush Sr), or engaging in Trump pedo-conspiracies.

You made Q-Anon sound sane and civilized.

Andrew wrote:In your own words - take it to PM or email.

Again, I am just courteously responding to old forum posts directed to me.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: New Journey by July

Postby Andrew » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:14 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
From what I recall, I debated circles around you.

From what I recall, you (as per usual) talked over the top of me (and anyone disagreeing with you), using passive aggressive tactics to turn every conversation away from yourself and make others feel bad for even daring to challenge you. You are a certified Trump nutswinger.

I've never had anything but peace dude, take your own advice. See ya.
Andrew
Administrator

Re: New Journey in 2021!

Postby Andrew » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Hey folks,
Neal just confirmed for me that new mgmt QPrime (awesome company with 30 year track record) want to wait until new year for any new music to arrive. A big plan being put together.
2021-22 should be big years for the band.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Still surprised they cut ties with Azoff and Baruck. The band always seemed so subservient to them. Unless Azoff cut ties with them.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Loneman1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:48 am

Andrew wrote:Hey folks,
Neal just confirmed for me that new mgmt QPrime (awesome company with 30 year track record) want to wait until new year for any new music to arrive. A big plan being put together.

Gotta say I am really looking forward to a QPrime managed Journey! This is the most excited I've been about Journey in a very long time. Fresh new blood within the band coupled with excellent management is a beautiful thing! 8)
Rock on,
Eric
Loneman1
8 Track

Postby FamilyMan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:58 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Still surprised they cut ties with Azoff and Baruck. The band always seemed so subservient to them. Unless Azoff cut ties with them.

Baruck was saying - even before the lawsuit - that this year's tour would be his last managing the band. He was planning to retire.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:01 am

FamilyMan wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Still surprised they cut ties with Azoff and Baruck. The band always seemed so subservient to them. Unless Azoff cut ties with them.

Baruck was saying - even before the lawsuit - that this year's tour would be his last managing the band. He was planning to retire.

Wasn't aware of that. Thanks
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Monker » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:01 am

To me, this sounds like Neal pacifying his internet fans while he argues with management...ie: Neal wanting to release music sooner than later, management wanting to wait until they can tour. Releasing one song per month sounds very lame. They should just do like Styx is doing and tell everybody that they are planning to release the album when they can tour...because that makes a lot more traditional sense than what Neal is talking about.
Monker
MP3

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:51 am

FamilyMan wrote:

JB was a legend to deal with. He's been doing this since the 70s. Gotta love getting a phone call at 5am after somebody posted something on here, with the words "we can't have that up there...." LOL
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:52 am

Monker wrote:

To me, this sounds like Neal pacifying his internet fans while he argues with management...ie: Neal wanting to release music sooner than later, management wanting to wait until they can tour. Releasing one song per month sounds very lame. They should just do like Styx is doing and tell everybody that they are planning to release the album when they can tour...because that makes a lot more traditional sense than what Neal is talking about.

Nah, no arguing and no hurry. They all want this done right.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:55 pm

I have said for years that Journey had a management problem. New management is awesome! This is bigger than getting Steve Perry back! Now, I hope the new management will have Journey tour solo. Perhaps a warm up band, but not co-headlining. Journey needs one hour to play the Dirty Dozen and a second hour to play new music and deep cuts. An evening with Journey!

I hope the new management puts some money into the shows. That is where the money is. So, they need to do something to make the experience extra good for the fans. In 1981, they shot off a cannon at the start of the Escape shows. I don't expect them to do that again, but perhaps something else. Lasers or something. I don't know. 40 years later, there must be something cool they can do to add to the experience and make Journey stand apart from other acts. I am optimistic that Journey is on the right road.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:14 pm

JourneyHard wrote:I have said for years that Journey had a management problem. New management is awesome! This is bigger than getting Steve Perry back! Now, I hope the new management will have Journey tour solo. Perhaps a warm up band, but not co-headlining. Journey needs one hour to play the Dirty Dozen and a second hour to play new music and deep cuts. An evening with Journey!

I hope the new management puts some money into the shows. That is where the money is. So, they need to do something to make the experience extra good for the fans. In 1981, they shot off a cannon at the start of the Escape shows. I don't expect them to do that again, but perhaps something else. Lasers or something. I don't know. 40 years later, there must be something cool they can do to add to the experience and make Journey stand apart from other acts. I am optimistic that Journey is on the right road.

Azoff was just phoning it in and has been for a long time. Aside from the Walmart deal, what have they done lately for the guys? QPrime seems to do a good job for both Disturbed and Metallica, so let's see what happens.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:21 pm

Monker wrote:Releasing one song per month sounds very lame.

Last I heard, Neal was talking about releasing singles leading up to the album - pretty standard for most bands.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby FamilyMan » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:58 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:I have said for years that Journey had a management problem. New management is awesome! This is bigger than getting Steve Perry back! Now, I hope the new management will have Journey tour solo. Perhaps a warm up band, but not co-headlining. Journey needs one hour to play the Dirty Dozen and a second hour to play new music and deep cuts. An evening with Journey!

Azoff was just phoning it in and has been for a long time. Aside from the Walmart deal, what have they done lately for the guys? QPrime seems to do a good job for both Disturbed and Metallica, so let's see what happens.

Getting them into the Rock hall took campaigning. Gotta give management props for that. The tour with Def Leppard was also monstrous. They played venues they hadn't sniffed since the Perry days (like MSG). And I thought the Classic East stadium shows put them in pretty good company (Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan). All this, plus keeping them touring as Neal's and Jon's friendship imploded. I think Azoff/Baruck don't get enough credit.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:59 am

Thank you Andrew.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:49 am

FamilyMan wrote:Getting them into the Rock hall took campaigning. Gotta give management props for that.

Journey won the public fan vote, which all but guaranteed they would be nominated into the hall. It's possible that Azoff did some wheeling and dealing behind the scenes.

FamilyMan wrote:The tour with Def Leppard was also monstrous. They played venues they hadn't sniffed since the Perry days (like MSG). And I thought the Classic East stadium shows put them in pretty good company (Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan). All this, plus keeping them touring as Neal's and Jon's friendship imploded. I think Azoff/Baruck don't get enough credit.

All legacy acts tour. A management company should do more. Journey's web presence, in particular, has been a complete joke for a long time.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Onestepper » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:22 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
FamilyMan wrote:Getting them into the Rock hall took campaigning. Gotta give management props for that.

Journey won the public fan vote, which all but guaranteed they would be nominated into the hall. It's possible that Azoff did some wheeling and dealing behind the scenes.

FamilyMan wrote:The tour with Def Leppard was also monstrous. They played venues they hadn't sniffed since the Perry days (like MSG). And I thought the Classic East stadium shows put them in pretty good company (Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan). All this, plus keeping them touring as Neal's and Jon's friendship imploded. I think Azoff/Baruck don't get enough credit.

All legacy acts tour. A management company should do more. Journey's web presence, in particular, has been a complete joke for a long time.

Don't disagree that their online and social media presence has been terrible forever. But if QPrime's own website is any indication, this is not why they chose them. It's a one static page that looks like a high school student designed for a school project.

Regardless, let's hope this is a step in the right direction.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:19 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

I agree. If management actually cares about Journey, this could be awesome. I also agree with you later in the thread when you said Journey online is a joke. There are so many things they could do online to keep fans excited. They are so creative making music. Now, they need management to get creative to promote the band.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:14 am

But think about the online presence of any band from their era: Foreigner, Styx, REO, etc. Its just not their thing. They might record music, they play live. Neal has become the sole online face of Journey.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:57 am

jrnyman28 wrote:But think about the online presence of any band from their era: Foreigner, Styx, REO, etc. Its just not their thing. They might record music, they play live. Neal has become the sole online face of Journey.

At a bare minimum, their official website could have links that actually work and lineup pictures more recent than 2011. In the current climate, I see alot of classic rock bands embracing the new media. Hats off to TOTO for doing an upcoming virtual concert.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:48 pm

jrnyman28 wrote:But think about the online presence of any band from their era: Foreigner, Styx, REO, etc. Its just not their thing. They might record music, they play live. Neal has become the sole online face of Journey.

I like those other bands, but they aren't Journey. In the past, Journey has always embraced the technology of the day. The Journey home page should be the best one on the internet. They could allow people to play their old Journey themed video games right on the page. They could also show rare concert footage never seen before from back in the day. They could run contests. There are a million cool things they could do. They are Journey. They are the best. It is time for them to have a Home Page worthy of their status.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:20 am

JourneyHard wrote:

I like those other bands, but they aren't Journey. In the past, Journey has always embraced the technology of the day. The Journey home page should be the best one on the internet. They could allow people to play their old Journey themed video games right on the page. They could also show rare concert footage never seen before from back in the day. They could run contests. There are a million cool things they could do. They are Journey. They are the best. It is time for them to have a Home Page worthy of their status.

LOL. None of this is going to happen any time soon.
Monker
MP3

Postby Mikele » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:13 pm

As far as we older generations would love so much to go through a stunning Journey website packed with all related stuff, it is true that social media have by far outclassed conventional website in power to reach people and connect with them in a $$$ way.
Neal sure knows were the bucks are
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:08 am

Mikele wrote:As far as we older generations would love so much to go through a stunning Journey website packed with all related stuff, it is true that social media have by far outclassed conventional website in power to reach people and connect with them in a $$$ way.

Their social media is pretty lacking too. Just saying.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Andrew » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:00 pm

Mikele wrote:As far as we older generations would love so much to go through a stunning Journey website packed with all related stuff, it is true that social media have by far outclassed conventional website in power to reach people and connect with them in a $$$ way.

Every artist should look at what Bruce Springsteen does and mirror exactly that. Phenomenal.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby artinis1 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:28 am

Andrew do mean the live archive releases that Springsteen does? I would love for Journey to do this, but how in the world could they legally that is pull that off? Not to mention, how many live audio tapes do they actually have in the vault? Who knows, I may be way off to what you were implying with Springsteen.
artinis1
45 RPM

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:44 pm

This is where Journey should be making a new thing that nobody has ever seen before. Better than a web page. Better than TikTok or anything else. Journey should be doing something brand new. That is what the 1980 Journey would be doing. The 2020 Journey should be the same. Invent something new. I don't know what. Hire some young savvy tech guy and there you go!
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:35 pm

JourneyHard wrote:

This is where Journey should be making a new thing that nobody has ever seen before. Better than a web page. Better than TikTok or anything else. Journey should be doing something brand new. That is what the 1980 Journey would be doing. The 2020 Journey should be the same. Invent something new. I don't know what. Hire some young savvy tech guy and there you go!

1980's Journey would be following Herbie's lead and partnering with Nightmare, not suing them.

This is NOT 1980's Journey.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:42 pm

artinis1 wrote:Andrew do mean the live archive releases that Springsteen does? I would love for Journey to do this, but how in the world could they legally that is pull that off? Not to mention, how many live audio tapes do they actually have in the vault? Who knows, I may be way off to what you were implying with Springsteen.

I also doubt that Journey owns this type audio recording. Would it not be Nightmare (who they are in court with) or Sony?

To release any video, they will need the permission of Perry and/or Steve Smith and/or Ross...because they have control of how their image is used. And, if may also be owned by Nightmare since it would have been recorded with their equipment...Or, it could owned be Sony.

IMO, none of this old audio or video is going to be released or even show up on their website because of legal reasons.
Monker
MP3

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:25 pm

artinis1 wrote:Andrew do mean the live archive releases that Springsteen does? I would love for Journey to do this, but how in the world could they legally that is pull that off? Not to mention, how many live audio tapes do they actually have in the vault? Who knows, I may be way off to what you were implying with Springsteen.

Yes...and his hands on fan-friendly approach. Free YouTube stuff and paid live downloads.
Andrew
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Journey