New Deen Interview

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

New Deen Interview

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:43 am

https://youtu.be/0NkldMWBm94

A few highlights....

His new band, The Rise Above, has about 12 songs in the can and sounds amazing. Band features Jason Scheff (Chicago) and Jay DeMarcus (Rascal Flatts). They've primarily played charity events so far, but plan to tour once covid ends.

He is awaiting surgery on his back and is doing this interview from a rehab center to wean off pain meds.

Deen says he never started doing coke until Journey. He didn't have the $$$ for coke before Journey.

All the members in Rise Above are "believers." He's never been in a band where everybody had religious faith.

Journey was his baby - but he understands that business is business.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: New Deen Interview

Postby Eric » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:16 am

Thanks for posting!
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby Onestepper » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:00 pm

Deen made a post on Twitter yesterday that basically said how NSJTT was supposed to be the next super group or some such. He said it wasn't meant to be, but that his new band Rise Above would be taking their place.

Sorry, I'm paraphrasing. But the gist is that you could tell how disappointed he was that JTT didn't continue, but that he's really excited about the new music Above is producing.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:31 am

Onestepper wrote:Deen made a post on Twitter yesterday that basically said how NSJTT was supposed to be the next super group or some such. He said it wasn't meant to be, but that his new band Rise Above would be taking their place.

Sorry, I'm paraphrasing. But the gist is that you could tell how disappointed he was that JTT didn't continue, but that he's really excited about the new music Above is producing.

JTT would've been a Journey band that was actually musically experimental and released new material. I'm disappointed too. Hope the recorded material somehow sees the light of day.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:12 pm

I was psyched up for JTT! I love Deen's drumming and singing! But other than Deen I can't get excited about the rest of his new bands lineup.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Onestepper » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:32 am

Some Deen singing and playing at the The Rise Above concert this past Thursday. AWYWI. He sounds great.

https://www.facebook.com/10000941437719 ... 6502628800
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:23 pm

Onestepper wrote:Some Deen singing and playing at the The Rise Above concert this past Thursday. AWYWI. He sounds great.

https://www.facebook.com/10000941437719 ... 6502628800

Thanks. I was going to buy a ticket for the Rise Above web stream show, but missed it. Deen still sounds really good, but I really hope he stops smoking and get some lessons. I want that voice to last.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Return to Journey