Aragon Ballroom Set List

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Aragon Ballroom Set List

Postby Monker » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:18 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:Nightmare used to handle recording these shows. If they are not doing the production of the shows then I would think they have not had the time to get another company involved and set up to film these in a professional way...at least no where near what Nightmare would do.

I think you mean Nocturne. And they haven't been involved with any Journey concert DVDs, (that I'm aware of), since Vegas 2001.

No, I mean Nightmare. Nightmare encompasses all things "Journey", especially recorded media such as CD's and DVD/Blu-Ray. Just as they own the Journey Trademark and license it to "whoever" for performing and recording, I would expect them to contract out the work to record video. So, if Nightmare's relationship to Schon/Cain has changed much, then things like recording a concert can obviously be affected.

There are also other things that can stop a video, like synch rights. Who owns the publishing rights to all the songs they want to include in this video? It could be Steve Perry owns some of them, or if the entire band shared publishing rights then Steve Smith and Ross may be required to give permission. Or, maybe Nightmare, or Sony. Or, maybe they were sold to a third party at some point.
Monker
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:43 am

Monker wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:Nightmare used to handle recording these shows. If they are not doing the production of the shows then I would think they have not had the time to get another company involved and set up to film these in a professional way...at least no where near what Nightmare would do.

I think you mean Nocturne. And they haven't been involved with any Journey concert DVDs, (that I'm aware of), since Vegas 2001.

No, I mean Nightmare. Nightmare encompasses all things "Journey", especially recorded media such as CD's and DVD/Blu-Ray. Just as they own the Journey Trademark and license it to "whoever" for performing and recording, I would expect them to contract out the work to record video. So, if Nightmare's relationship to Schon/Cain has changed much, then things like recording a concert can obviously be affected.

There are also other things that can stop a video, like synch rights. Who owns the publishing rights to all the songs they want to include in this video? It could be Steve Perry owns some of them, or if the entire band shared publishing rights then Steve Smith and Ross may be required to give permission. Or, maybe Nightmare, or Sony. Or, maybe they were sold to a third party at some point.

Nocturne, Herbie's production company, was credited on Vegas 2001. Haven't seen any similar credits on any of the DVDs since.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Marzdog » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:10 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Nocturne, Herbie's production company, was credited on Vegas 2001. Haven't seen any similar credits on any of the DVDs since.
Nocturne was sold in 2011. I believe only Neal held on to a piece and ended up cashing in big.
Marzdog
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:53 pm

Marzdog wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Nocturne, Herbie's production company, was credited on Vegas 2001. Haven't seen any similar credits on any of the DVDs since.
Nocturne was sold in 2011. I believe only Neal held on to a piece and ended up cashing in big.

Yes, I am aware. Thanks. I believe the recent DVDs were all handled by various outside production companies.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Previous

Return to Journey