Alex's cameo

Loverboy, Triumph, Coney Hatch, Kim Mitchell, Tom Cochrane, Glass Tiger...the list goes on...

Moderator: Andrew

Alex's cameo

Postby Liam » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:14 am

This is taken from Power Window's FB page. Alex is a shitty border patrol guy. LOL

"Three years ago today, the Canadian vampire rock and roll comedy film 'Suck' premiered at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival. Alex Lifeson makes a cameo appearance playing a U.S. Border Officer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5wm6F4LjjQ
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Re: Alex's cameo

Postby JrnyScarab » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:55 am

Liam wrote:This is taken from Power Window's FB page. Alex is a shitty border patrol guy. LOL

"Three years ago today, the Canadian vampire rock and roll comedy film 'Suck' premiered at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival. Alex Lifeson makes a cameo appearance playing a U.S. Border Officer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5wm6F4LjjQ

Mean ole Alex! LOL :lol:
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:14 am

I love that "Hey...I used to be in a band". LOL
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby JrnyScarab » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:18 am

Liam wrote:I love that "Hey...I used to be in a band". LOL

I'm afraid it won't be too long before that's true :cry:
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:24 am

I'm actually preparing myself for this to be the last tour...as much as that bothers me...I don't want them to be the Stones. Running on fumes, putting out uninspired music. Then again...one of Rush's new albums could be Neil farting on a snare drum for 45 minutes, and it'd be a must have for me. LOL
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby JrnyScarab » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:36 am

Liam wrote:Then again...one of Rush's new albums could be Neil farting on a snare drum for 45 minutes, and it'd be a must have for me. LOL

LMFAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't want to see a sloppy diminished RUSH either. When they can't perform up to standard, that will be it I imagine. The boys have alluded to the fact that physically it is beginning to take it's toll. Don't forget, the Professor has been hitting those drums as hard as he can for like 40 years. Gotta break down at some point.
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:52 am

I'm well aware of it. :(

They really NEED a Time Machine. :lol:
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby MCM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:35 am

Liam wrote:I'm actually preparing myself for this to be the last tour...as much as that bothers me...I don't want them to be the Stones. Running on fumes, putting out uninspired music. Then again...one of Rush's new albums could be Neil farting on a snare drum for 45 minutes, and it'd be a must have for me. LOL

I've had the feeling this is it ever since I heard CA. I think the album is a life retrospective and a good-bye . We are three shows in and I thought their energy as a group and individually was higher last night in Pittsburgh than it was in Manchester, but it can't last forever, They are years ahead of me and I couldn't do what they are doing every other day.
Image[/URL] Image
MCM
45 RPM

Postby Liam » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:41 am

Who knows...even if they DO give up the road, MAYBE they'll keep the records up as long as they can. But I doubt it considering they addressed in an R30 interview that the fans needed something for them to tour on, so they made Feedback.
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby JRNYMAN » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:11 am

Jumping in here a bit late I know but, with regard to the discussion about this possibly being their last hurrah as it were... I have to believe that as fan-oriented and truly grateful to us as they are that they wouldn't just disappear into oblivion. When they decide to call it a day (which they may very well have already done...) wouldn't it be more likely that they would do a final world tour billed as their farewell tour. Maybe a 3 hour show chronicling the band's history...... oh wait...... DAMN!!! :lol: :lol: Seriously though... you get what I'm saying right?
JRNYMAN
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:30 am

Here's hopin' for R40
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby captexshreve » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:28 am

Liam wrote:Here's hopin' for R40

You got that right!
I think(hope) we'll get another go around next year and at least one more disc/tour...farewell or otherwise...after that.
8)
Napoleon v. Predator--'At last, a foe worthy of my sweet ninja skills!'
captexshreve
Ol' 78

Postby Liam » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:12 am

One thing's for sure....they'd NEVER shaft their fans like certain other bands mentioned on this site.
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby MCM » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:30 am

captexshreve wrote:
Liam wrote:Here's hopin' for R40

You got that right!
I think(hope) we'll get another go around next year and at least one more disc/tour...farewell or otherwise...after that.
8)

I don't think we'll see them doing the "Farewell Tour" thing. I think they will quietly hang it up and move on to other things, more writing, films, production, etc..

We're going to get some more North American dates before and after they go to Europe next year.. after that we can only hope.. It's all been gravy since 97, we're very fortunate.. not that I don't want more. NOW!! It's depressing not having a show to look forward to.
Image[/URL] Image
MCM
45 RPM

Return to Canadian Rock Bands