Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Steve Perry Interviews

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Steve Perry announces new music and forthcoming album, 'Traces'
by Jill Riley
August 15, 2018

https://www.thecurrent.org/feature/2018 ... bum-traces

- audio nterview and photos
Last edited by tater1977 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: Steve Perry announces new music and forthcoming album, '

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:08 pm

So the lead track we're really excited to share with the audience, and it's called "No Erasin'," so just tell me about this song in particular.

"No Erasin'" is a song about two people who go to a class reunion and they see each other for the first time after years, and they both have separate lives with people at home, but they remember what they used to have when they were in high school, and high school is always an amazing place in your heart. And they kind of go outside to get away from the environment and talk a little bit, and they go sit in her car, and they go for a ride, and they get in the back seat of her car and they talk about old times, maybe a little smooch here and there. Nothing bad. But it's just a reflection of what they used to have and how important that is.

I imagine you're performing this song for an audience, there have to thoughts of some old times with the fans.

That's funny you say that, because it really is exactly a double meaning, because at some level the relationship I'm talking about is the relationship with the audience too. I know "it's been a long time coming since I saw your face", because it has been. And "no running anymore / my soul's burning just like it did before" — there's a lot of metaphors of that nature about performing and being in front of people again, which will lock up to the lyrics when that happens.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyLFN » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Wow - thanks Tater! What a great interview. It sounds like he may being doing some live performances at some point. I'm going to find a way to be there!
JourneyLFN
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:34 pm

WOWOWOWOW. Steve Perry just sent us something amazing. A new song. His first music in 24 YEARS! He also sent WBLM this letter which we wanted to share with you.

Listen to the new Steve Perry song and listen for Steve's interview with The Captain and Celeste

http://wblm.com/steve-perry-just-sent-u ... is-letter/

http://wblm.com/listen-live/popup/
He's on the phone on air now.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:41 pm

He’s back! It’s true! Steve Perry, aka “The Voice” and former singer of Journey… is… back!
In fact, Steve Perry did an exclusive, intimate interview this morning on Lite Rock 105! Did you hear it?
Steve especially wanted to share the big comeback news with Lite Rock 105’s Heather Gersten (Perry)
after learning that she’s a really big fan…

http://www.literock105fm.com/2018/08/15 ... eve-perry/

- listen to audio
18.11 length

SP says they are talking about a small tour and may look up some old musicians.
Last edited by tater1977 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby scarab » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:44 pm

Havent listened to this yet, but he has a sit down interview with KQRS here locally. Be curious if was in studio.

http://www.92kqrs.com/2018/08/15/interv ... eve-perry/
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:51 pm

Tom Barnard sits down with Steve Perry for an intimate conversation on the eve of his first new album release in nearly 25 years, Traces (October 5). Steve talks about his life, music and reveals for the first time why he chose to step away from Journey at the height of his success.
Traces is due out October 5th.

- audio interview with photos
25.34 length
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:00 pm

scarab wrote:Havent listened to this yet, but he has a sit down interview with KQRS here locally. Be curious if was in studio.

Sounds like he's over your way.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: Steve Perry Interviews

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:33 pm

https://twitter.com/NKMornings/with_replies

Nick & Kristen @NKMornings

6 minutes ago

I get to talk to Steve Perry from Journey this morning! Are there any questions you want me to ask him for you?!

http://player.listenlive.co/55341
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:47 pm

scarab wrote:Havent listened to this yet, but he has a sit down interview with KQRS here locally. Be curious if was in studio.

He was there. There's 4 or 5 photos on the page.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:48 pm

tater1977 wrote:He’s back! It’s true! Steve Perry, aka “The Voice” and former singer of Journey… is… back!
In fact, Steve Perry did an exclusive, intimate interview this morning on Lite Rock 105! Did you hear it?
Steve especially wanted to share the big comeback news with Lite Rock 105’s Heather Gersten (Perry)

- listen to audio
18.11 length

Great interview!! She's a true fan ,very emotional about hearing his voice again. I can definitely relate.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:52 pm

tater1977 wrote:Tom Barnard sits down with Steve Perry for an intimate conversation on the eve of his first new album release in nearly 25 years, Traces (October 5). Steve talks about his life, music and reveals for the first time why he chose to step away from Journey at the height of his success.

25.34 length

Wow, can't wait to have a closer look at the front and back of that cover!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:54 am

perryfan61 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Tom Barnard sits down with Steve Perry for an intimate conversation on the eve of his first new album release in nearly 25 years, Traces (October 5). Steve talks about his life, music and reveals for the first time why he chose to step away from Journey at the height of his success.

25.34 length

Wow, can't wait to have a closer look at the front and back of that cover!

Thank you for sharing all of these clips. Exciting times!
The album cover reminds me of Elton John's Captain Fantastic album art. Lots of hidden messages in there.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby bluejeangirl76 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:23 am

Thanks so much for putting these links all in one place tater.... :D

I have to go back later tonight and check them out after the kid is in bed, so it's helpful to have one place to look.

Having a 3 year old running around interrupts my fandom. :lol:
bluejeangirl76
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:30 am

bluejeangirl76 wrote:Thanks so much for putting these links all in one place tater.... :D

I have to go back later tonight and check them out after the kid is in bed, so it's helpful to have one place to look.

Having a 3 year old running around interrupts my fandom. :lol:
:lol:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:16 am

New Music & Video From Steve Perry of Journey!

It took almost 15 years for Steve Perry to find his passion and his love for music once again. He went back into the studio and has a brand new album coming out called Traces with the first single f “No Erasin” already playing on KOIT. Now you can hear the new song and watch the brand new music video for it.

Then after that check out the interview that I did with him on our podcast. We talk about why he was gone so long and what made him decide to get back into the music industry after all this time.

http://koit.com/new-music-video-steve-perry-journey/

- audio interview
9.41 in length
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Lora » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:58 am

perryfan61 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:He’s back! It’s true! Steve Perry, aka “The Voice” and former singer of Journey… is… back!

- listen to audio
18.11 length

Great interview!! She's a true fan ,very emotional about hearing his voice again. I can definitely relate.

This is my favorite interview so far. :)
Lora
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:09 am

Lora wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:

- listen to audio
18.11 length

The Perry and Perry show :lol:
Love it where he's get some shots in about the Giants win, then
laughs. Sounds like he's having fun.
Great to hear some history on the LP's cover.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Marzdog » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:14 am

Lora wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:

- listen to audio
18.11 length

Lora, so true! What a GREAT INTERVIEW, and you can hear it in HER VOICE, how she almost breaks down in the first few minutes. So great!
Marzdog
45 RPM

Postby Lora » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:15 am

tater1977 wrote:Great to hear some history on the LP's cover.

I hope he eventually explains the imagery on the cover. It is SO DEEP and complex and everything there has a meaning. Most people are only looking at the front cover and not the whole image. I hope a high res image of the entire album shows up so you can really see all the detail.
Lora
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:24 am

Lora wrote:

I hope he eventually explains the imagery on the cover. It is SO DEEP and complex and everything there has a meaning. Most people are only looking at the front cover and not the whole image. I hope a high res image of the entire album shows up so you can really see all the detail.

Everytime you look at it, you see something new.
Had to laugh, when he was explaining about him
and Kellie smooching on the bridge.
Sounds like little by little, he will explain it all
but man there's a lot there.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tedpruitt » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:24 am

Lora wrote:

No doubt - I've picked up on some of it - I'm sure with your history with him, you see even more. Every time I go back to it, I see another little detail. Funny about the dog - there were two things that really stuck out as "what the heck is that?" - one was the dog, the other is the woman on her back to the right (apparently doing "bicycles" - lol)

Here's as high of a res of the whole artwork as I've found - for your decoding pleasure...:
tedpruitt
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:30 am

tedpruitt wrote:
Lora wrote:

No doubt - I've picked up on some of it - I'm sure with your history with him, you see even more. Every time I go back to it, I see another little detail. Funny about the dog - there were two things that really stuck out as "what the heck is that?" - one was the dog, the other is the woman on her back to the right (apparently doing "bicycles" - lol)

Here's as high of a res of the whole artwork as I've found - for your decoding pleasure...:

Steve said the white shih tzu there is Kellie's dog.
I see the drum sets now with this photo and his gpa's barn
and the turkeys.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tedpruitt » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:38 am

Yeah - I heard that in the interview - I was just saying that the dog and the lady we're the two things that threw me the most. The mystic symbolism seems to be a continuation of the TBF images. The stadium way in the background. What looks like possibly the guys from Journey very tiny. The tails, of course. The Portuguese flag... just tons.

Here's an even higher res:

tedpruitt
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:41 am

tedpruitt wrote:Yeah - I heard that in the interview - I was just saying that the dog and the lady we're the two things that threw me the most. The mystic symbolism seems to be a continuation of the TBF images. The stadium way in the background. What looks like possibly the guys from Journey very tiny. The tails, of course. The Portuguese flag... just tons.

I know he said or think he said his high school from Hanford is in there, or maybe it was the theater :?:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyLFN » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:30 am

tater1977 wrote:
tedpruitt wrote:Yeah - I heard that in the interview - I was just saying that the dog and the lady we're the two things that threw me the most. The mystic symbolism seems to be a continuation of the TBF images. The stadium way in the background. What looks like possibly the guys from Journey very tiny. The tails, of course. The Portuguese flag... just tons.

I know he said or think he said his high school from Hanford is in there, or maybe it was the theater :?:

Thanks for the high res. I see a baseball in front of the base drum. S P on the base drum. Wonder what's in the picture frame?
JourneyLFN
Ol' 78

Postby efrasjourney » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:11 am

Lora wrote:

Yeah, that cover screams LP Record! I already ordered it on his site.
efrasjourney
Ol' 78

Postby Abitaman » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:16 am

I honestly thought this day would never happen!
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 am

JourneyLFN wrote:
tater1977 wrote:

Thanks for the high res. I see a baseball in front of the base drum. S P on the base drum. Wonder what's in the picture frame?

Who is hiding in the trees on the far left?
So many questions!! I hope he will explain it all for us :D
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Lora » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 am

Thanks, Ted. This is great. I don't feel it's my place to reveal too much, but the stadium on the right by the water is AT&T Park where Steve has enjoyed many baseball games. The Hanford Theatre is there and Fantasy Studios is on the far right. The tiny guys in the distance are not Journey.
Lora
8 Track

Next

Return to Steve Perry