Steve Perry - We're Still Here - new video

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Steve Perry - We're Still Here - new video

Postby tater1977 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:30 am

Last edited by tater1977 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: Steve Perry - We're Still Here - new video

Postby tater1977 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:43 pm

Watch Steve Perry’s Old-School Video for ‘We’re Still Here’

Dave Lifton / ‎March‎ ‎22‎, ‎2019

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/steve-p ... ere-video/

Steve Perry goes traditional in his new video for "We're Still Here."

The former Journey singer released other videos for last year's comeback solo album Traces, but they were either lyric, static-image or lip-synced in-studio clips. The new video recalls those old-school conceptual ones MTV used to show in the '80s.

"We're Still Here" marks Perry's first such video for a solo song since 1994's "Missing You." It features the singer cruising the streets of Los Angeles in a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS, miming the song as he observes the nighttime action around him.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:09 pm

Watch Steve Perry Cruise Around Hollywood in His New Video for ‘We’re Still Here’

By Rock Cellar Magazine Staff on March 22, 2019

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/stev ... hollywood/

Until today, Steve Perry hadn’t premiered a real music video since 1994’s “Missing You,” but fresh off the release of his 2018 solo album, Traces, the iconic vocalist known for his work with Journey and as a solo artist has premiered a new clip for “We’re Still Here.”

The video finds Perry driving around Hollywood and seeing the sights, including a warm exchange between an individual experiencing homelessness and a group of men out on the town. It’s a warm, gentle video that fits the themes of the song pretty well...
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:43 pm

Steve Perry Releases First Official Music Video in 25 Years

Steve Perry -- former Journey frontman and Del Mar resident -- drops his first official music video in 25 years

By Dustin Lothspeich / Mar 22, 2019

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/blogs/sound ... SoundDiego

It may have been a quarter-century since Steve Perry released an official music video -- but we've never stopped believin'. The former frontman of Journey (and Del Mar resident) has dropped a brand-new video for "We're Still Here," a hit single off last year's 25-years-in-the-making solo album "Traces."

Indeed, until 2018, it'd been a long minute since the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted singer released anything at all -- his last studio full-length album was 1994's "For the Love of Strange Medicine" (which spawned his last official video for "Missing You" as well). However, to the delight of Perry faithful everywhere, the reclusive singer finally emerged from his lengthy hiatus with a new studio album and a grip of singles ready for radio airplay last September.

Perry's powerful velvety rasp is, of course, on fine display throughout "We're Still Here" -- the type of hopeful ballad that, to be honest, few do better. Now he's got a video to match the song's vibe. During a recent interview with Billboard's Lyndsey Havens, Perry described how it all came together and the spirit behind the tune co-written by producer/songwriter Brian West.

"Brian and I had just started writing the song and were sketching it out in the studio. When we broke for dinner I went to this place down the street, and that was the first time I'd been in Hollywood in a long time," Perry said. "There I was on Sunset Boulevard and Hollywood and Vine just walking around. I saw a whole new generation of 16- and 17-year-olds running around just...alive. And through these kids, I felt a kinship. We're still here doing the same thing."

For the unfamiliar, Perry became a sensation fronting Journey from 1977-1987 (and again from 1995-98) while providing the vocals heard worldwide on the rock band's biggest hits like "Open Arms," "Wheel in the Sky," "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" and "Faithfully," among others. His vocals are so unique, he was literally given the moniker "The Voice" by Jon Bon Jovi.

The singer largely disappeared from the music industry after the 1994 "For the Love of Strange Medicine" album cycle -- only popping up at the odd baseball game (a longtime San Francisco Giants fan, Perry led a home crowd in a singalong of "Don't Stop Believin'" during the club's 2010 World Championship run), rare one-off performances (he joined the indie-rock band Eels onstage in Minnesota for three songs in 2014, for example) and at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2017 to give an acceptance speech when Journey was inducted.

With last year's album drop (and subsequent single releases), we're still left wondering if Perry will hit the road at some point. Currently, there's no news on that front but stay tuned to SoundDiego for future updates on potential tour dates.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:02 pm

Things seem to be slowing down, so with Spring finally here,
I'm going to take a break from posting and do some Spring
maintenance on the house. If anyone has a hammer or paintbrush
and wants to join in, c'mon. Anyway, back in a month or so.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby scarab » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:59 pm

I saw Perry only posted 12 responses on facebook live for the new video. Saw one and it was very generic.
Anyone have a link to see the others?
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby RPM » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:44 am

my question is....why? Sure its nice to see him in any way but he did a nice studio video
and since has not performed the song one time. will that change? Its a really good song
maybe a SNL or late night show appearance would be the ticket.
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:43 pm

RPM wrote:my question is....why? Sure its nice to see him in any way but he did a nice studio video
and since has not performed the song one time. will that change? Its a really good song
maybe a SNL or late night show appearance would be the ticket.

My only answer is the same, why? though i love the video
Only hoping the AXS TV interview shares something new.

FTLOSM would have never become Gold if he didnt tour
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:00 pm

I'm guessing no one knows except Mr Perry if he's going to make a surprise appearance aka some singing gig akin to the Eels and sing a few songs from his new CD. It seems that there are only maybe a few acts out there that I would consider to be legends...maybe one or two perhaps 3 and now with the music and an audience that has heard the familiar voice maybe he wouldn't mind walking out on the stage with a few close friends and singing. No More Crying, We're Still Here and a classic Journey tune or Sam Cook. I do love him singing...She was only 16. :P
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby 92Pony » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:12 am

tater1977 wrote:Watch Steve Perry’s Old-School Video for ‘We’re Still Here’

Dave Lifton / ‎March‎ ‎22‎, ‎2019

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/steve-p ... ere-video/

Steve Perry goes traditional in his new video for "We're Still Here."

The former Journey singer released other videos for last year's comeback solo album Traces, but they were either lyric, static-image or lip-synced in-studio clips. The new video recalls those old-school conceptual ones MTV used to show in the '80s.

"We're Still Here" marks Perry's first such video for a solo song since 1994's "Missing You." It features the singer cruising the streets of Los Angeles in a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS, miming the song as he observes the nighttime action around him.

Great video! Love the song. Love the old school feel of the video. Love seeing, and hearing SP's soul, feeling and inflection like only he can do it. FTR though, it was a '72 Chevelle. :lol:
92Pony
Fresh Air

Postby youkeepmewaiting » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:42 am

Isn't it amazing that Perry has released a new video and there's less than 10 replies on the forum
youkeepmewaiting
Cassette Tape

Postby KDOUBLEU » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:47 pm

Thats because its boring.
KDOUBLEU
Cassette Tape

Postby Sighlence » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:16 am

KDOUBLEU wrote:Thats because its boring, IMO.

Fixed it for ya.
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby Marabelle » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:54 am

Hard to judge the emotional reaction to music when the world is getting a wet willie everyday. I’d think it’s a great diversion or the lens are too thick to see clearly and your hearing is worn out. Turn it up!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:09 am

Modest gain but still rising, We're Still here is now at # 14 on the AC charts.

But not too sure how this charts works cause Maroon 5 has been at #1 since forever and on the charts for almost a year.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:55 am

Why? Why not? Heck yeah! This video is WAY cool!
I know right!!! Less than 10 responses in this forum (at 1 point) but everyone before was clamoring and complaining with where IS he?!? Myself included at 1 point. But instead of being here, I was on social media enjoying and absolutely celebrating his return back.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby annie89509 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:00 pm

Love this video! yeah, has an old-school feel to it.... like all his fans, I'd imagine.

I was walking through Kohl's yesterday, and all of a sudden, No Erasin' came over the sound system. Gave me pause, I'd kind of forgotten about the album. Couldn't wait to come home and get re-acquainted with the new songs. Still sounded good.

Also, prompted me to come back here and catch up. 8)
annie89509
Stereo LP

Return to Steve Perry