Steve Perry Celebrity Ambassador for Breast Cancer Event

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Steve Perry Celebrity Ambassador for Breast Cancer Event

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:56 am

Frankly I am astonished that this board isn't with it on the Perry news front like ya'll used to be. Now that he is out and about, and SINGING, I would think this board should be bursting with activity.

At the event, Steve sang Open Arms and shed some tears, surprised that he sang "dry" as he calls it. He sounded GREAT! Better than when he appeared with the Eels and it was accapella! He also said that there will be MORE music and MORE surprises. There was a preview of the short version of SILVER BELLS, straight-up REAL R&B style (like Can We Be Something Again). It.was.cooking!

Go to Lite Rock 105 for over 300 photos and fan reactions. Event raised over 40k dollars (including Perry's contribution of 20k).
bellairepark73
8 Track

Re: Steve Perry Celebrity Ambassador for Breast Cancer Event

Postby scarab » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:57 am

Didnt even know this was going to happen.
Good on him.

Nice to see the pictures but is there any audio or video?
Did he sing Open Arms A Capella? *and skip the first verse like he did Eels?

Were you there or was it simulcasted?

Would love to hear his live voice. Looks like from the pictures he answered questions as well.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:56 am

Such demonstration of love for the love of his heart. I have seen the pictures but would love to hear the Voice. Tremendous cause. Maybe someone can share if they can find a way.....
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:24 am

scarab wrote:Didnt even know this was going to happen.
Good on him.

Nice to see the pictures but is there any audio or video?
Did he sing Open Arms A Capella? *and skip the first verse like he did Eels?

Were you there or was it simulcasted?

Would love to hear his live voice. Looks like from the pictures he answered questions as well.

Yes, I was there. There were fans there from ALL OVER THE WORLD: Panama, New Zealand, UK, and all over the U.S.! some who didn't even have tickets STILL flew out hoping that someone was there that had an extra or took sick and couldn't come or even get a glimpse of him as he came out. And yes, he answered at least 6 questions, if I recall correctly.

And when he sang...ACAPELLA...Open Arms...yeah...that man...can sing. Not still sing...SING! No exaggeration. NONE. The event was not simulcasted and no cell phones were allowed to be on the entire time (3 hours)...which was a stroke of genius. You were in the moment, totally engrossed in conversation with each other and him.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Return to Steve Perry