Jason Kelty is the closest thing to classic Perry

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Jason Kelty is the closest thing to classic Perry

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:56 am

Glad I got to see his band E5C4P3 live a few years ago.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 6919926998
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Re: Jason Kelty is the closest thing to classic Perry

Postby Marabelle » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:37 pm

He is truly talented but....some people talk about women idolizing the man but when men dress up and mimic him from head to toe it’s really creepy. I don’t know how far women have indulged in their fantasies but either this is the ultimate compliment or the weirdest rock star worshipping that exist. True before I thought how cute and cheesy but now; not so much.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:44 am

Marabelle wrote:He is truly talented but....some people talk about women idolizing the man but when men dress up and mimic him from head to toe it’s really creepy. I don’t know how far women have indulged in their fantasies but either this is the ultimate compliment or the weirdest rock star worshiping that exist. True before I thought how cute and cheesy but now; not so much.

THANK YOU!!! I was thinking and pondering this very same thing off and on for awhile. I always thought it was a double standard. Women who do indulge in their fantasties are allowed to be made fun of (stalkers, loons, etc), but MEN, who willingly DRESS UP and MIMIC him (yes, it is to profit off of Steve's popularity with both genders) is not only creepy but I COMPLETELY agree with your later part of your question/statement...rock-star worshiping...with an alibi. That is one of the many reasons why I will not go to see a Tribute band. It is a definite DOUBLE STANDARD that I have seen here in MR as well, where some of the women were called 'LOONS'. Hate that name-calling and it is disrespectful and definitely NOT a compliment.

This double standard needs to be brought out in the open more and discussed. And THEN done away with!
Rant over. Discussion: FAR FROM OVER. Great job Marabelle. THANK YOU once again!
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby RedWingFan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Who's talking about fantasies? He's a great singer and sounds just like Perry here was my only point, ya freaks!
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Sighlence » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:14 pm

Marabelle wrote:either this is the ultimate compliment or the weirdest rock star worshipping that exist.

I’ma go with the latter.
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:26 am

Sighlence wrote:
Marabelle wrote:either this is the ultimate compliment or the weirdest rock star worshiping that exist.

I’ma go with the latter.

I'm with the later too.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Aaron » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:31 pm

I saw them a couple of months ago. Kelty is AWESOME, just as good as he's ever been. I'd see his band again before seeing Journey.

RedWingFan wrote:Glad I got to see his band E5C4P3 live a few years ago.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 6919926998
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Deb » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:55 pm

DSB gets my vote for next best thing to Journey. Juan Del Castillo doesn't dress up as Perry. But just sings the songs very well. Especially ROR/Escape. Saw them live, colour me very impressed.

https://youtu.be/Gbr0cE_0xA4
Now Playing: Green Tinted Sixties Mind - Live. https://youtu.be/e9YPFXVNINU?si=zDfcdUBpoaDSatLG
Deb
MP3

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:51 pm

Truth!
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:57 pm

Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Aaron » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:47 pm

Fact! that is all.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:52 am

Marabelle wrote:He is truly talented but....some people talk about women idolizing the man but when men dress up and mimic him from head to toe it’s really creepy. I don’t know how far women have indulged in their fantasies but either this is the ultimate compliment or the weirdest rock star worshipping that exist. True before I thought how cute and cheesy but now; not so much.

Well, he has been doing this for literally for decades. Back before TBF and FTLOSM,when Journey and Perry were active. It was these very women that you are talking about above who brought Jason Kelty and Escape to the attention of the Journey community. And, I'm talking around 1995, or even before that. Jason was even an active member of the Journey mailing list back then.

He took a break sometime after TBF was released and allowed Escape to break up. It was somebody on this forum who looked him up and contacted him and got him thinking of Escape again.

It is not weird hero worship. He is giving fans what they want - to relive what Journey was like in the 1980's. It seems to me it is his full time job now, his source of income. Escape is probably the premier Journey tribute band...and always has been. That may be 'weird' to some...but if he is doing something he loves, more power to him and I hope he continues for a long time to come.
Monker
MP3

Postby Aaron » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:02 am

Truth

Monker wrote:
Marabelle wrote:He is truly talented but....some people talk about women idolizing the man but when men dress up and mimic him from head to toe it’s really creepy. I don’t know how far women have indulged in their fantasies but either this is the ultimate compliment or the weirdest rock star worshipping that exist. True before I thought how cute and cheesy but now; not so much.

Well, he has been doing this for literally for decades. Back before TBF and FTLOSM,when Journey and Perry were active. It was these very women that you are talking about above who brought Jason Kelty and Escape to the attention of the Journey community. And, I'm talking around 1995, or even before that. Jason was even an active member of the Journey mailing list back then.

He took a break sometime after TBF was released and allowed Escape to break up. It was somebody on this forum who looked him up and contacted him and got him thinking of Escape again.

It is not weird hero worship. He is giving fans what they want - to relive what Journey was like in the 1980's. It seems to me it is his full time job now, his source of income. Escape is probably the premier Journey tribute band...and always has been. That may be 'weird' to some...but if he is doing something he loves, more power to him and I hope he continues for a long time to come.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Return to Steve Perry