Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Steve Perry Looks Back on Touring With Van Halen

Postby kidlatham » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:02 am

kidlatham
Radio Waves

Re: Steve Perry Looks Back on Touring With Van Halen

Postby Loneman1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:35 am

Interesting interview. Glad Steve was smart enough to see it wouldn't be a good fit no matter how you look at it, IF that was even what Eddie was hinting at.
Rock on,
Eric
Loneman1
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:55 am

I don't know Loneman...that...might have been an epic collaboration...if not for the party behaviors. The party behaviors alone may have put him under. We might have been looking at SP as a dearly missed one too.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Loneman1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:21 am

bellairepark73 wrote:I don't know Loneman...that...might have been an epic collaboration...if not for the party behaviors. The party behaviors alone may have put him under. We might have been looking at SP as a dearly missed one too.

I'm sure it would have worked perfectly if they just stuck to new material they both wrote, but Perry stepping into DLR's shoes live on stage singing those songs would have just been really, really off IMO since the styles are so vastly different. Since no one will ever know for sure, I might be off base and it would have somehow strangely fit like a glove, but I just don't see it. Also like you said, with the partying that Van Halen was known for coupled with where Perry was at the time, it very well could have ended badly due to those extracurricular activities.

This whole thing is definitely one of the bigger "what if" scenarios in music that I doubt anyone ever even thought of until a few days ago!! :lol:
Rock on,
Eric
Loneman1
8 Track

Return to Steve Perry