Single Release for Traces Alternate Version?

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Single Release for Traces Alternate Version?

Postby ADALBL » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:44 am

If Steve is releasing an alternative version of Traces, when should we expect the first "Single" from the album to drop? I think Traces Alternate version is supposed to drop in December. Anyone know anything?
ADALBL
Ol' 78

Re: Single Release for Traces Alternate Version?

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:45 am

ADALBL wrote:If Steve is releasing an alternative version of Traces, when should we expect the first "Single" from the album to drop? I think Traces Alternate version is supposed to drop in December. Anyone know anything?

I don't think he will be releasing singles. It appears as if it is a single album release because he wants to move on. The album drops on 12/4 as an import. you can buy it on amazon.com.uk
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:56 am

ADALBL wrote:If Steve is releasing an alternative version of Traces, when should we expect the first "Single" from the album to drop? I think Traces Alternate version is supposed to drop in December. Anyone know anything?

Here is the rolling stone article too. It gives even more detail: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... y-1078482/
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby indigo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:07 am

bellairepark73 wrote:

I don't think he will be releasing singles. It appears as if it is a single album release because he wants to move on. The album drops on 12/4 as an import. you can buy it on amazon.com.uk

What makes you think that it is an import only? Any confirmation that it will not be sold here?
indigo
45 RPM

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:46 pm

indigo wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:

What makes you think that it is an import only? Any confirmation that it will not be sold here?

I don't think it's an import only. A few weeks back, the only information available online had it listed as a Japanese import. No track listings or cover images, just an album title. And at import prices.

Since then, Steve confirmed it in the Rolling Stone interview, and track listings and unconfirmed album artwork has surfaced.

I just think the overseas market got hold of and shared the info ahead of time and that's where the confusion sits. I would almost have no doubt he'll be selling various formats on his website again...and at much cheaper prices than the imports.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:47 am

indigo wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:

I'm sorry....why are you asking me that question? I did not say that I thought it was import only. I mentioned about singles release in response to your previous question.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby ADALBL » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:20 am

ADALBL
Ol' 78

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:46 am

ADALBL wrote:https://twitter.com/StevePerryMusic/status/1326255750016978944

New music on Friday!

Already up on YouTube in Japan!
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:24 am

ADALBL wrote:https://twitter.com/StevePerryMusic/status/1326255750016978944

New music on Friday!

Wow, the new music is fantastic. I'm at a tie between the stripped down version and the original. What a great tie!
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:01 am

Oh by the way, I found out that the following will be released as singles on the following dates:

Most of all 11/13
No Erasin' 11/20
I need you 12/2

SP is taking pre-orders on his website! There is also VINYL!
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:07 pm

Not even remotely interested in this. I should be....but I'm not.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby scarab » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:03 pm

mostly happy with the "singles" version of most of all,
the long unneeded into of the original caused a constant skip when listening to the CD.

And glad the beatles cover doent show up
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby r@y » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:00 pm

Andrew wrote:Not even remotely interested in this. I should be....but I'm not.

Yeah, mate....same here. Traces is already sort of 'light' as it is, not sure if I want to hear stripped down versions of these songs all over again.

I get that some fans just want to gobble up anything SP does, and that's cool. I'm just not one of them, sorry.
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Return to Steve Perry