Stereo LP

Re: The Two New XMas Songs

Postby Andrew » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:56 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Andrew
Administrator

Postby indigo » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:51 am

I cannot express how disappointed I am in this. Only heard the first song, but could not tolerate even the first few notes.
What was he thinking?
indigo
45 RPM

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:14 am

Kind of early for me to appreciate these just yet. Although I did really like what he did with This Christmas. That's a very soulful tune to begin with and he made it his own.

The Deluxe Edition album cover also has some cool updates. I'm seeing a 2022 ornament, pictures of dogs on the mantle, his dog wearing antlers sitting on top of some gifts, and a deer. The subtle touch that really caught my eye is the hints of new grass and fresh flowers popping through the snow.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:32 am

I’ve appreciated music which is original which seems to indicate an awakening of the artist’s creative soul; an indication that what you had thought was no more instead seems to be feeling the illumination and the stirrings of his heart’s desire.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:05 am

Art Vandelay wrote:Kind of early for me to appreciate these just yet. Although I did really like what he did with This Christmas. That's a very soulful tune to begin with and he made it his own.

The Deluxe Edition album cover also has some cool updates. I'm seeing a 2022 ornament, pictures of dogs on the mantle, his dog wearing antlers sitting on top of some gifts, and a deer. The subtle touch that really caught my eye is the hints of new grass and fresh flowers popping through the snow.

Yes...I saw those subtle touch's too...new music in the spring??? :?:
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:32 pm

bellairepark73 wrote:..new music in the spring??? :?:

Easter tunes?
Andrew
Administrator

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:10 am

Andrew wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:..new music in the spring??? :?:

Easter tunes?

:lol:
Look...seriously??? He does something that so many people have wanted him to do for so long and now he is being blasted for it with unkind words (not your reply but previous comments)???
I don't even celebrate these "holidays" but it's nice he is putting the music he likes and want to share out there. OF COURSE No one is saying you must love everything he ever does!

Perhaps the blooming flowers mean more SP music other than music for the holidays is coming next year. I sure hope so.

Anyway, disappointed that no one replied to the POSITIVE news thread about voting for the STRANGER THINGS soundtrack featuring the Separate Ways remix. Hope others were able to vote before the deadline (11/14).
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Andrew » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:40 am

I don't recall anyone asking for a SP Christmas record. And certainly not a rehash of it 12 months later.

And the Grammys suck. No credibility at all.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Loneman1 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:49 am

Andrew wrote:I don't recall anyone asking for a SP Christmas record. And certainly not a rehash of it 12 months later.

I remember there was a small groundswell way back when talking about how great a Perry/Journey Christmas album would be, but it never materialized other than the quick "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" Steve, Neal, and Jon performed live for a radio interview promoting TBF back in late '96, as well as the "Oh Holy Night" instrumental released in the mid (late?) 80's. I think if done right it could have been a fun project to listen to back in the day, but the album Perry released last year just didn't hit the mark for me, and I really wanted to like it. I had my mom listen to it, and she is a decent Journey fan and even she said a number of songs on there feel like funeral dirges. I can't say she's completely wrong!! :lol:

......and yes, the Grammys haven't mattered in years.
Rock on,
Eric
Loneman1
8 Track

Postby Monker » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:36 pm

Andrew wrote:I don't recall anyone asking for a SP Christmas record. And certainly not a rehash of it 12 months later.

There wasn't LATELY. But, historically there has always been a push for "A Merry Perry Christmass", as they call it. It is something Perry fans have begged for for decades, literally.

And, no, I doubt many people at all wanted a rehash of it. Maybe his fans will get the "reading the phone book" album next, cuz they all said they would buy it.

Maybe so. But, Stranger Things does not suck and is a big deal. It should be milked for as long as they can....Funny how it was Perry who really did this. If Journey were asked to perform the new version of SW live, I wonder what they would do.

IMO, "Only the Young" should be in next season...it would be a perfect song for the final season.
Monker
MP3

Postby bellairepark73 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:26 pm

Monker wrote:

There wasn't LATELY. But, historically there has always been a push for "A Merry Perry Christmass", as they call it. It is something Perry fans have begged for for decades, literally.

And, no, I doubt many people at all wanted a rehash of it. Maybe his fans will get the "reading the phone book" album next, cuz they all said they would buy it.

Maybe so. But, Stranger Things does not suck and is a big deal. It should be milked for as long as they can....Funny how it was Perry who really did this. If Journey were asked to perform the new version of SW live, I wonder what they would do.

IMO, "Only the Young" should be in next season...it would be a perfect song for the final season.

Thanks Monker. Yes, the fans have begged for a Christmas album from him for quite some time (not recently but through the years). It sprouted a YouTube parody video with over 340k views (over the course of 14 years): https://youtu.be/BY8yPJVogUs

And while to some the Grammys might suck, it doesn't make it irrelevant. And the Separate Ways Remix is a huge deal with over 70 million downloads.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Return to Steve Perry