Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:43 am

You can't wait! 8)
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:23 am

So, after all of the Snyder cut hype, after spending 70million dollars, after saying how big of a hit it was...

HBO barely gained any new subscribers. So embaressing they won't even release specific HBOMax number but combine them with HBO instead. LOL.

FAIL.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:14 am

Slow week on the Marvel front, Monker? :lol:

We won. Move on.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:19 am

verslibre wrote:Slow week on the Marvel front, Monker? :lol:

We won. Move on.

i said from the start that for JSJL to be successful it had to get people to subscribe to HBOMax AND KEEP THEM THERE. That did not happen. It was 70million dollars of wasted effort. They don't even release HBOMax numbers any longer. The service is struggling, at best. I'm not going to be surprised when the rebrand the entire network and get rid of HBO completely.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:39 am

Ah, "first world problems."
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:54 am

Monker wrote:I'm not going to be surprised when the rebrand the entire network and get rid of HBO completely.

Time for you to practice being surprised: "HBO Max with ads will cost $9.99 per month and launches in June."
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:17 pm

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:I'm not going to be surprised when the rebrand the entire network and get rid of HBO completely.

Time for you to practice being surprised: "HBO Max with ads will cost $9.99 per month and launches in June."

Yeah, because Hulu does so well with this model.

They have all their theatrical releases. They have all of the WB content. They have their own series. They have a $70million Snyderfest, and they can't attract subscribers. I don't think lowering the price and having ads is going to do much. HBO with ads. Back when HBO first launched, that was a big selling point...you could watch commercial free movies on TV for the first time. They should call this version of HBO, "HBO -". It's actually a downgrade. HBO with commercials, how pathetic. JSJL would probably be 9hrs long.

IMO, this is what happens when you have a trainwreck of a product launch. People looked at it and saw it was a piece of shit and didn't subscribe - or they COULDN'T subscribe...and moved on with life. If they would have waited and LAUNCHED HBOmax with the JSJL and all the theatrical releases, in 4k, on ROKU and Fire, and on ALL smart TV's...they would be competing with Disney+ right now. Instead, they launch a half-assed service not even available on many devices and smart TV's, and not even in 4k...and people just don't care to sign up, or stay signed up anyway.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sat May 01, 2021 12:28 am

You'll never not have it out for anything a DC movie or show premieres or plays on. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sat May 01, 2021 7:06 am

verslibre wrote:You'll never not have it out for anything a DC movie or show premieres or plays on. :lol:

You mean like Netflix having Sandman? Or, SyFy having Krypton? Or, SyFy rebroadcasting Harley Quinn? All of which I have talked about here is very positive ways.

I want nothing to do with HBOMax....because of their launch and how I could not even get it with my HBONow being subscribed through ROKU. HBO sucks...and I think no where near enough people have been convinced it is worthy of subscription, unless they are ATT customers and get it for free.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sun May 02, 2021 1:11 am

Monker wrote:I want nothing to do with HBOMax

Then don't.

See? Easy. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Previous

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara