I Admit The Sandusky Situation Is A Bad Look.

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Postby Tito » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:37 am

Ehwmatt wrote:Two things driving me nuts about this whole thing:

#1. The Convenience of JoePa as a Target: JoePa, like Tressel(and remember I'm not an Ohio State fan at all), is a HUGE media target for 1 million reasons. His actions here have been the focal point of this whole thing. Meanwhile, the monster himself, Sandusky, has been relegated to the role of a mere background character. That's preposterous. And that's to say nothing of the poor victims here.

Bin - FUCKIN - go!!!! I've been saying this more anything (read one of my previous posts). Not saying some, if much of this isn't warranted, but this a witch hunt by the opportunistic media. BTW, most who are not model citizens themselves.
Tito
Stereo LP

Postby Michigan Girl » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:36 am

Fact Finder wrote:The Grand Jury concludes that the sexual assault of a minor male in 2002 should have
been reported to the Department of Public Welfare and/or a law enforcement
agency such as the University Police or the State Police. The University, by its
senior staff, Gary Schultz, Senior Vice President for Finance and Business and Tim Curley,
Athletic Director, was notified by two different Perm State employees of the alleged sexual
exploitation of that youth.

That right there means the Grad Assistant and JoePa (two employees), told Curly and Shultz about the shower buggery. JoePa knew guys, sorry.

I feel certain he knew something, geez, that's no secret ...and not dismissing
the moral and ethical aspect of what went wrong ...my point
is >>>had '98 been properly handled, '02 never happens ...
and Joepa isn't the main player/story and he is not the culprit.
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:43 am

Fact Finder wrote:

That right there means the Grad Assistant and JoePa (two employees), told Curly and Shultz about the shower buggery. JoePa knew guys, sorry.

Right, I just gotta what EXACTLY he knew, and when.

Big key here for his legacy.
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby AR » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:59 am

Creepy interview with Sandusky on "Second Mile"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ4pBdNDesQ
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby SteveForever » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:48 pm

He should leave now...not wait til the end of the season.
SteveForever
Stereo LP

Postby geminix » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:53 pm

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/livenow?id=8425797

watch the live board of trustees press conference at 10pm est
geminix
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:24 pm

JoePa been fired..effective immediately....Board of Trustees
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Don » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:33 pm

tater1977 wrote:JoePa been fired..effective immediately....Board of Trustees

To bad he didn't make that decision himself earlier today.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby geminix » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:44 pm

I'm a little worried. My daughter (she's a senior) is at the campus right now and she just told me that students from the branch campuses are on their way to the main campus. Hopefully I won't be making a 3 and a half hour trip to rescue her.
geminix
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Don wrote:
tater1977 wrote:JoePa been fired..effective immediately....Board of Trustees

To bad he didn't make that decision himself earlier today.

Something as sensitive as this involving children..yes true..follow the Chain of
Command..& if needed go over their head if nothing is done..
That timeline that is posted..kinda wonder as many ppl knew about..why that
guy was even allowed around any kid at all...
This should be and should have been about protecting the kids ...
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:51 pm

geminix wrote:I'm a little worried. My daughter (she's a senior) is at the campus right now and she just told me that students from the branch campuses are on their way to the main campus. Hopefully I won't be making a 3 and a half hour trip to rescue her.

Just makes me wonder..if one of those boys had been his son...how loud would
he have hollered back then? :?:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby RossValoryRocks » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:08 pm

I don't get why the PARENTS of the one child in 1998 (?) I think that is the year...just kept Sandusky from seeing the boy and didn't call he police...if it was MY kid Sandusky would have been kneecapped, stuffed in a trunk, driven to the police station and dropped off anonymously hog tied with a note about what he did. (Ok, I exagerate a bit : He probably wouldn't make the police station, alive anyway.)
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby steveo777 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:07 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Well, now JoePa has time to work on his legacy.

Such a shame. :(

This will erase his legacy. O.J. Simpson once had a great legacy too. Nobody gives a shit about their legacies now....poof, gone. What a shameful way to go out. Damn!
steveo777
MP3

Postby StevePerryHair » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:16 pm

RossValoryRocks wrote:I don't get why the PARENTS of the one child in 1998 (?) I think that is the year...just kept Sandusky from seeing the boy and didn't call he police...if it was MY kid Sandusky would have been kneecapped, stuffed in a trunk, driven to the police station and dropped off anonymously hog tied with a note about what he did. (Ok, I exagerate a bit : He probably wouldn't make the police station, alive anyway.)

His charity was set up to help boys in dysfunctional or absent families.... who knows! Maybe parents were even paid off. I'm even wondering if the DA was paid off in 98, when he decided not to charge him in one of the victim's cases. The fact that he went missing and his laptop was found destroyed REALLY makes you wonder. It's just sick to think that he probably started that charity, knowing they would be the easiest victims.
StevePerryHair
Digital Audio Tape

Postby steveo777 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:09 pm

I gonna have to drink a bit [more] tonight. :cry:

Role models no more..........
steveo777
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:48 pm

RossValoryRocks wrote:I don't get why the PARENTS of the one child in 1998 (?) I think that is the year...just kept Sandusky from seeing the boy and didn't call he police...if it was MY kid Sandusky would have been kneecapped, stuffed in a trunk, driven to the police station and dropped off anonymously hog tied with a note about what he did. (Ok, I exagerate a bit : He probably wouldn't make the police station, alive anyway.)

Stu, just to add to what Lynn said about many of these kids probably being from fucked up families or at least single-mom families. Hell, even assuming the single moms were great, imagine being a prepubescent boy or pubescent boy in this situation. It'd be hard enough to report it to your FATHER, let alone your mother.

In the end, this is just a sad, sad situation all the way around. Penn State had no choice but to fire Paterno. It just goes to show you that like many of our favorite bands that have stuck around too long, when you are in a high profile job or are a figurehead for an entire entity, sticking around for too long only makes it nearly certain you'll go down in an embarrassing way. Paterno shoulda retired a while ago.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:03 am

StevePerryHair wrote:

His charity was set up to help boys in dysfunctional or absent families.... who knows! Maybe parents were even paid off. I'm even wondering if the DA was paid off in 98, when he decided not to charge him in one of the victim's cases. The fact that he went missing and his laptop was found destroyed REALLY makes you wonder. It's just sick to think that he probably started that charity, knowing they would be the easiest victims.
I understand this is just a supposition, but if it were true, those parents
would have taken money in exchange for the rapes of their children?! The mother who
knew, without a doubt, that inappropriate behavior had taken place with her child and
then proceeded to let the children of others walk out into traffic, without a peep, is just
as guilty as the rest ... There's a whole laundry list full of people who should be
held accountable ...
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:19 am

Scapegoat.
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 am

tater1977 wrote:
geminix wrote:I'm a little worried. My daughter (she's a senior) is at the campus right now and she just told me that students from the branch campuses are on their way to the main campus. Hopefully I won't be making a 3 and a half hour trip to rescue her.

Just makes me wonder..if one of those boys had been his son...how loud would
he have hollered back then? :?:

How loud would you have hollered?!?
Would you accept US dollars in exchange
for the rape of your child?!?
If you knew your child had been handled
inappropriately and illegally, would you have
accepted an apology and a promise that
it would not happen again?!?
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:01 am

Fact Finder wrote:The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act

Clery Act is a federal statute codified at 20 U.S.C. § 1092(f), with implementing regulations in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations at 34 C.F.R. 668.46.

The Clery Act requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their respective campuses. Compliance is monitored by the United States Department of Education, which can impose civil penalties, up to $27,500 per violation, against institutions for each infraction and can suspend institutions from participating in federal student financial aid programs.

The law is named for Jeanne Clery, a 19-year-old Lehigh University freshman who was raped and murdered by another student, Josoph Henry, in her campus residence hall in 1986. The Clery Act, signed in 1990, was originally known as the Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act.
Another infraction!!
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:45 am

Michigan Girl wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act

Clery Act is a federal statute codified at 20 U.S.C. § 1092(f), with implementing regulations in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations at 34 C.F.R. 668.46.

The Clery Act requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their respective campuses. Compliance is monitored by the United States Department of Education, which can impose civil penalties, up to $27,500 per violation, against institutions for each infraction and can suspend institutions from participating in federal student financial aid programs.

The law is named for Jeanne Clery, a 19-year-old Lehigh University freshman who was raped and murdered by another student, Josoph Henry, in her campus residence hall in 1986. The Clery Act, signed in 1990, was originally known as the Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act.
Another infraction!!

Not so fast. It depends on how the actual statute is applied. Could be trouble for PSU, for sure, though.

The legal ramifications of this whole thing are unimaginable. There are so many things that could fuck PSU over. Most laypeople probably think instantly of the victims suing Penn State. That will happen, no doubt. But there are potential massive costs in lesser-known places too. For instance, if/when Paterno is personally sued, PSU may very well be required to indemnify him if he prevails (and possibly even if he loses certain suits depending on his contract). Those costs could be massive. Federal/state gov't sanctions, as noted above, are possible. It's unfathomable how much liability (or at least legal costs) PSU could face in the end.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:59 am

Red13JoePa wrote:Scapegoat.

Oh Button the fuck up! Seriously, are you really this blindly faithful, or spinless stupid?

Dude, we get it, you are an alum, you have a man crush on JoePa, Hell all sports fans did/have, including me. That doesn't excuse this obvious turn of the back on a MASSIVE injustice to our societies most innocent. Let's put this to words, so you can read it aloud, and then come back and tell me you still support the Coach.

10 YEAR OLD BOYS WERE SODDAMIZED IN THE PENN STATE FOOTBALL LOCKERROOM BY AN ASSISTANT COACH OF JOE PATERNO. IT WAS REPORTED TO PATERNO, WHO .....PASSED IT UP THE LINE.

Now you sure seem to have a defense for the aborted babies in this country, expressing the need for humane interference to ensure their innocence. However, now that this has happened and happened to a legend Paterno, you feel the need to side with him, although he is clearly wrong? Dude, pull your head out your ass, and grow a fuckin pair...Be a good alumni, suppport your school because frankly it needs all it can get now. PSU is on the verge of complete and total collapse, and I'm not just talking football here- prospective students are bailing out, probably headed to Pittsburgh or Purdue, maybe even Ohio State. You can forget about winning in football for a couple decades, as that ain't happening.
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Ehwmatt » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:02 am

"Rumors out of Happy Valley that Sandusky may have been "pimping" out the children to the wealthy donors of the charity he founded. I guess it could get even worse. "

Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:07 am

Ehwmatt wrote:
Michigan Girl wrote:

Another infraction!!

Not so fast. It depends on how the actual statute is applied. Could be trouble for PSU, for sure, though.

The legal ramifications of this whole thing are unimaginable. There are so many things that could fuck PSU over. Most laypeople probably think instantly of the victims suing Penn State. That will happen, no doubt. But there are potential massive costs in lesser-known places too. For instance, if/when Paterno is personally sued, PSU may very well be required to indemnify him if he prevails (and possibly even if he loses certain suits depending on his contract). Those costs could be massive. Federal/state gov't sanctions, as noted above, are possible. It's unfathomable how much liability (or at least legal costs) PSU could face in the end.

I would say that if authorities were investigating Sandusky, had a DA involved, a parent who was allowing phone calls to be monitored, and a number of other
scenarios prior to '02, and the USDOE wasn't aware of this, they need to revisit their compliance examination/audit process.
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Red13JoePa » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:30 am

Rockindeano wrote:

Oh Button the fuck up! Seriously, are you really this blindly faithful, or spinless stupid?

Dude, we get it, you are an alum, you have a man crush on JoePa, Hell all sports fans did/have, including me. That doesn't excuse this obvious turn of the back on a MASSIVE injustice to our societies most innocent. Let's put this to words, so you can read it aloud, and then come back and tell me you still support the Coach.

10 YEAR OLD BOYS WERE SODDAMIZED IN THE PENN STATE FOOTBALL LOCKERROOM BY AN ASSISTANT COACH OF JOE PATERNO. IT WAS REPORTED TO PATERNO, WHO .....PASSED IT UP THE LINE.

Now you sure seem to have a defense for the aborted babies in this country, expressing the need for humane interference to ensure their innocence. However, now that this has happened and happened to a legend Paterno, you feel the need to side with him, although he is clearly wrong? Dude, pull your head out your ass, and grow a fuckin pair...Be a good alumni, suppport your school because frankly it needs all it can get now. PSU is on the verge of complete and total collapse, and I'm not just talking football here- prospective students are bailing out, probably headed to Pittsburgh or Purdue, maybe even Ohio State. You can forget about winning in football for a couple decades, as that ain't happening.

Stop lying you nitwit.
Sandusky had not been a Joe assistant since 1999.
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby hoagiepete » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:30 am

Ehwmatt wrote:"Rumors out of Happy Valley that Sandusky may have been "pimping" out the children to the wealthy donors of the charity he founded. I guess it could get even worse. "

Hate to say it, but this is classic internet at its worst. Sounds like internet rumour spreading/piling onto a bad situation to me.

Hope it's not true as this is sick.
hoagiepete
Cassette Tape

Postby RossValoryRocks » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:54 am

Red13JoePa wrote:
Rockindeano wrote:

Stop lying you nitwit.
Sandusky had not been a Joe assistant since 1999.

Deano is right on the Joepa thing...he maybe did what was legally required but failed the moral test here. Morally he should have reported it to his superiors at PSU and then picked up the phone and had the fucker arrested right then and there...how many other victims could have been saved if he had?
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

Postby Ehwmatt » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 am

Fact Finder wrote:
hoagiepete wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:"Rumors out of Happy Valley that Sandusky may have been "pimping" out the children to the wealthy donors of the charity he founded. I guess it could get even worse. "

Hate to say it, but this is classic internet at its worst. Sounds like internet rumour spreading/piling onto a bad situation to me.

Hope it's not true as this is sick.

well, as the dude in Jurassic Park always said....."Hang on to your ass."

Former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky has been charged with sexually abusing eight children, with something like a dozen more also claiming they were victimized. That's horrible. Powerful PSU figures appear to have attempted to cover up what they knew. That makes it even worse.

But if one rumor turns out to be true, this may become a story too awful to compare to any other.

There's been nothing reported by an investigative journalist or law enforcement official so far, but a handful of media members are talking about investigations into whether Sandusky may have shared some of his victims with other adult males.

From two days ago, here's Dan Bernstein of CBS Chicago:

@dan_bernstein FYI: names are being x-checked w/Sandusky's Second Mile, and there are other older adult men with "curious" relationships. Only the start.

Thursday morning, Mark Madden, a Pittsburgh radio host who wrote a story seven months ago envisioning Sandusky's downfall, went on WEEI's Dennis & Callahan Morning Show to discuss the scandal. At the 7:15 mark here, he's asked about the "next shoe to drop." Here are his remarks:

I can give you a rumor, and I can give you something I think might happen. I hear there's a rumor that there will be a more shocking development from the Second Mile foundation. And, hold on to your stomachs because this is gross, I'll use the only language that I can, that Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to donors. This is being investigated by two prominent columnists as I speak.

Madden also speculates it'll be revealed that Sandusky was told to retire as part of a cover-up.

CBS Sports' Gregg Doyel tweeted the following later in the morning, appearing to cite a source besides Madden:

@greggdoyelcbs I'm told Penn's atty general has this sick Sandusky rumor on the radar. Warning, awful read http://t.co/Wy4uiuiD

We can hope none of this is true, but multiple outlets are saying it's being investigated. If it is, let's then hope investigators are able to find it never happened.

I'm not one to buy into conspiracy theorists. But sex trafficking is very real. Why couldn't an obviously sick ass man with a LOT of power and influence pull it off in an area where he and his institution were above the law? Moreover, there are some weirdos in academia and society's elite. This is not out of the question. It wouldn't surprise me if some PSU higher-ups were involved in this shit, hence the non-reporting. Hell, look at Spanier's academic publications. Guy's a weirdo. This is just the tip of the iceberg.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby AR » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:10 am

Thursday morning, Mark Madden, a Pittsburgh radio host who wrote a story seven months ago envisioning Sandusky's downfall, went on WEEI's Dennis & Callahan Morning Show to discuss the scandal. At the 7:15 mark here, he's asked about the "next shoe to drop." Here are his remarks:

I can give you a rumor, and I can give you something I think might happen. I hear there's a rumor that there will be a more shocking development from the Second Mile foundation. And, hold on to your stomachs because this is gross, I'll use the only language that I can, that Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to donors. This is being investigated by two prominent columnists as I speak.

Madden also speculates it'll be revealed that Sandusky was told to retire as part of a cover-up.

Mark Madden is a former WCW wrestling announcer and a known asshole. Consider the source. There's enough awful things going on here without him spouting off unsubstantiated rumors.

Even if it turns out to be true, that loudmouth shouldn't be spouting off on a rumor he's heard.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RossValoryRocks » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:15 am

AR wrote:

Mark Madden is a former WCW wrestling announcer and a known asshole. Consider the source. There's enough awful things going on here without him spouting off unsubstantiated rumors.

Even if it turns out to be true, that loudmouth shouldn't be spouting off on a rumor he's heard.

Madden is an asshole, but he has been following Sandusky for years trying to get SOMEONE to look into this perv. I wouldn't discount him based on not liking him.
RossValoryRocks
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara