Marvel Movie thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby Abitaman » Sat May 14, 2016 5:21 am

I forgot a few other things that bugged me about CW.

11) Ironman's call to action for Spiderman, was just plain awful. Instead of being awe inspiring, it was a school kid yelling for his big friend to come over, the are fighting. Really he is going to do this. It really took away from Spidey's intro.

12) Why is it the non important people die or get hurt bad like IP, or Ms Pots, they crap out some secret drug or miracle that was never heard of until just then to save the day. Kinda of like the 1960's Bat utility belt, a fan, a fog gun, shark repellent...what ever is needed.

Crap I forgot the others.... :(
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby verslibre » Sat May 14, 2016 6:06 am

RedWingFan wrote:Was the airplane flying at about 200 ft like War Machine was?

Look at it this way. If Iron Man can catch up to and redirect an ICBM, why can't he catch up to WM/IP and at least slow his descent?
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat May 14, 2016 6:15 am

Abitaman wrote:I forgot a few other things that bugged me about CW.

11) Ironman's call to action for Spiderman, was just plain awful. Instead of being awe inspiring, it was a school kid yelling for his big friend to come over, the are fighting. Really he is going to do this. It really took away from Spidey's intro.

I agree. Exactly what I said in the other thread. Tony's spurred by the death of somebody's kid, yet he brings a kid to another battle. :roll:

Abitaman wrote:12) Why is it the non important people die or get hurt bad like IP, or Ms Pots, they crap out some secret drug or miracle that was never heard of until just then to save the day. Kinda of like the 1960's Bat utility belt, a fan, a fog gun, shark repellent...what ever is needed.

:lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun May 15, 2016 2:42 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Mon May 16, 2016 10:07 pm

$296 million already and only a 59% drop from opening weekend. Should finish as the biggest movie of the year. :D
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4187&p=.htm
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Tue May 17, 2016 3:27 am

RedWingFan wrote:$296 million already and only a 59% drop from opening weekend. Should finish as the biggest movie of the year. :D

"global total to $940.89 million"

So, it topped the total BvS run in three weeks. Wow, I'm like all surprised and stuff like that.
Monker
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Tue May 17, 2016 2:15 pm

Monker wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:$296 million already and only a 59% drop from opening weekend. Should finish as the biggest movie of the year. :D

"global total to $940.89 million"

So, it topped the total BvS run in three weeks. Wow, I'm like all surprised and stuff like that.

It's just because B v S had a 4 minute longer running time, so they can't have as many daily showings. Don't start thinking It's because of anything else.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed May 18, 2016 11:57 am

Agent Carter and Most Wanted got cancelled, and now it looks like Agents of SHIELD may be one season away from the axe.

Either way, Chloe Bennett isn't happy with how her show is ignored by the MCU. Maybe she can jump over to the DCEU. I think she'd made a great Terra (in the Titans).

-----------

'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Star Chloe Bennet Has Some Harsh Words For Marvel

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. debuted on ABC in September 2013 to massive ratings and decent reviews. Three years later, the positive reception to the superhero series, minus the superheroes, has increased, but the numbers haven’t. The most recent episode, the penultimate of the season before tonight’s finale, was one of the show’s lowest rated, with only 2.93 million viewers. And most of them were wondering, where are the Avengers?

Chloe Bennet wants to know the same thing.

During a Q&A session at Wizard World Des Moines this weekend, the S.H.I.E.L.D. star was asked why Tony Stark or Steve Rodgers haven’t dropped by to help fight Hive, an evil ancient Inhuman. “I don’t know,” Bennet replied, “People who make movies for Marvel, why don’t you acknowledge what happens on our show? Why don’t you guys go ask them that? Because they don’t seem to care!” Extra fuel was thrown into the fire when she later added, “The Marvel Cinematic Universe loves to pretend that everything is connected, but then they don’t acknowledge our show at all. So, I would love to [appear in a Marvel movie], but they don’t seem too keen on that idea.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/agents-h-e-l-d-214107504.html
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Wed May 18, 2016 1:07 pm

I'm pretty close to bailing on shield. Just not that good of a show. It should be able to survive on its own merit. Not cameos.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Thu May 19, 2016 6:19 am

:lol: "Iron Man 3...had a WRITER??"

Late night host and bona fide super geek Stephen Colbert had some words on the matter as well.

Last night, the CBS "Late Show" host opened up on the current state of comic book films and the MCU in particular saying, "The Marvel Cinematic Universe is kind of a sausage fest."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgW2KLJayxI
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Sat May 21, 2016 2:29 am

verslibre wrote:Agent Carter and Most Wanted got cancelled, and now it looks like Agents of SHIELD may be one season away from the axe.

Either way, Chloe Bennett isn't happy with how her show is ignored by the MCU. Maybe she can jump over to the DCEU. I think she'd made a great Terra (in the Titans).

-----------

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. debuted on ABC in September 2013 to massive ratings and decent reviews. Three years later, the positive reception to the superhero series, minus the superheroes, has increased, but the numbers haven’t. The most recent episode, the penultimate of the season before tonight’s finale, was one of the show’s lowest rated, with only 2.93 million viewers. And most of them were wondering, where are the Avengers?

During a Q&A session at Wizard World Des Moines this weekend, the S.H.I.E.L.D. star was asked why Tony Stark or Steve Rodgers haven’t dropped by to help fight Hive, an evil ancient Inhuman. “I don’t know,” Bennet replied, “People who make movies for Marvel, why don’t you acknowledge what happens on our show? Why don’t you guys go ask them that? Because they don’t seem to care!” Extra fuel was thrown into the fire when she later added, “The Marvel Cinematic Universe loves to pretend that everything is connected, but then they don’t acknowledge our show at all. So, I would love to [appear in a Marvel movie], but they don’t seem too keen on that idea.”

Main reason DC want the TV and movies in a different multiverse.

Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Sat May 21, 2016 2:29 am

verslibre wrote:Agent Carter and Most Wanted got cancelled, and now it looks like Agents of SHIELD may be one season away from the axe.

-----------

Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Sat May 21, 2016 4:07 am

verslibre wrote::lol: "Iron Man 3...had a WRITER??"

Late night host and bona fide super geek Stephen Colbert had some words on the matter as well.

Last night, the CBS "Late Show" host opened up on the current state of comic book films and the MCU in particular saying, "The Marvel Cinematic Universe is kind of a sausage fest."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgW2KLJayxI

Yeah, except Colbert owns Captain America's shield, and is on the cover of one of the comics as Falcon...so, I guess he can say he's the sausage king of late night, and a huge Marvel fan:

Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Sat May 21, 2016 4:10 am

Abitaman wrote:

-----------

Actually, if you watched the last episode, she's on the run as "Quake" and not really a part of SHIELD. Maybe she's not happy with the direction of her character, or they are writing her out of the show.
Monker
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Sun May 22, 2016 6:48 am

16 days. That's impressive.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon May 23, 2016 1:18 am

Michael Keaton officially confirmed for The Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Great casting. Keaton is one of my favorite actors; Pittsburgh native as well. Gotta love 'em.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon May 23, 2016 1:29 am

Now that's some genius casting, no joke!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Mon May 23, 2016 1:43 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Michael Keaton officially confirmed for The Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Great casting. Keaton is one of my favorite actors; Pittsburgh native as well. Gotta love 'em.

Keaton is my favorite actor. He can do it all, from comedy like the great Night Shift to drama like Clean and Sober. He will make a great Vulture.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon May 23, 2016 2:01 am

RedWingFan wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Michael Keaton officially confirmed for The Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Great casting. Keaton is one of my favorite actors; Pittsburgh native as well. Gotta love 'em.

Keaton is my favorite actor. He can do it all, from comedy like the great Night Shift to drama like Clean and Sober. He will make a great Vulture.

Without a doubt. "Multiplicity" is one of my favorite underrated performances of his. He showed off different acting chops in a comedic film and that's tough to do while in turn, bringing his "normal" self to the lead role. That shows range in a simplistic way. Keaton brings the goods and it was heartbreaking to see him fall at the Academy for 'Birdman.' I was rooting hard for him. You know how I feel about Marvel's use of humor, but this is one of those rare times where I think it feels right to take advantage of the opportunity to have a tongue in cheek Birdman reference. Kind of like how 'Deadpool' subtly did it with Reynold's role in 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' when they showed an X Origin Deadpool action figure laying around. That was a brilliant way of poking fun. Marvel should do the same with Keaton's Vulture role, but in a classy way in nodding to his 'Birdman' performance.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon May 23, 2016 4:19 am

RedWingFan wrote:Keaton is my favorite actor. He can do it all, from comedy like the great Night Shift to drama like Clean and Sober. He will make a great Vulture.

This is literally one of my favorite movies!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon May 23, 2016 4:21 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Without a doubt. "Multiplicity" is one of my favorite underrated performances of his. He showed off different acting chops in a comedic film and that's tough to do while in turn, bringing his "normal" self to the lead role. That shows range in a simplistic way. Keaton brings the goods and it was heartbreaking to see him fall at the Academy for 'Birdman.' I was rooting hard for him. You know how I feel about Marvel's use of humor, but this is one of those rare times where I think it feels right to take advantage of the opportunity to have a tongue in cheek Birdman reference. Kind of like how 'Deadpool' subtly did it with Reynold's role in 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' when they showed an X Origin Deadpool action figure laying around. That was a brilliant way of poking fun. Marvel should do the same with Keaton's Vulture role, but in a classy way in nodding to his 'Birdman' performance.

Pacific Heights, White Noise, Birdman...Keaton can do it all. Now he's been in back-to-back Oscar-winning films, too!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon May 23, 2016 4:44 am

verslibre wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Without a doubt. "Multiplicity" is one of my favorite underrated performances of his. He showed off different acting chops in a comedic film and that's tough to do while in turn, bringing his "normal" self to the lead role. That shows range in a simplistic way. Keaton brings the goods and it was heartbreaking to see him fall at the Academy for 'Birdman.' I was rooting hard for him. You know how I feel about Marvel's use of humor, but this is one of those rare times where I think it feels right to take advantage of the opportunity to have a tongue in cheek Birdman reference. Kind of like how 'Deadpool' subtly did it with Reynold's role in 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' when they showed an X Origin Deadpool action figure laying around. That was a brilliant way of poking fun. Marvel should do the same with Keaton's Vulture role, but in a classy way in nodding to his 'Birdman' performance.

Pacific Heights, White Noise, Birdman...Keaton can do it all. Now he's been in back-to-back Oscar-winning films, too!

Yep, Keaton is the real deal. Hopefully his role in Homecoming gives him a wider audience appeal that would be more accepting to a Beetlejuice 2 with Burton :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon May 23, 2016 5:32 am

After two weeks at the top, Civil War's taken the back seat to a bunch of pissed-off pigeons.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Mon May 23, 2016 7:23 am

verslibre wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Keaton is my favorite actor. He can do it all, from comedy like the great Night Shift to drama like Clean and Sober. He will make a great Vulture.

Yeah, the scene where he claims to have gotten kicked out of the Atlantic City black jack tables for being too good of a player is classic. Lol
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Mon May 23, 2016 7:25 am

verslibre wrote:After two weeks at the top, Civil War's taken the back seat to a bunch of pissed-off pigeons.

That's o.k., it only took 3 weekends to blow past you know what. Should wind up near $400 million.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon May 23, 2016 7:46 am

RedWingFan wrote:
verslibre wrote:

Yeah, the scene where he claims to have gotten kicked out of the Atlantic City black jack tables for being too good of a player is classic. Lol

"Edible napkins!" :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon May 23, 2016 10:15 pm

verslibre wrote:After two weeks at the top, Civil War's taken the back seat to a bunch of pissed-off pigeons.

Well, just as an example, Casino Royale opened at #2, losing to the talking penguins in Happy Feet. Today, Casino Royale is considered pretty much a classic. Box office figures aren't always everything. In the case of Civil War, it has had strong box office and good word of mouth. Two things BvsS desperately lacked.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Tue May 24, 2016 1:16 am

It just means that anything can take a back seat to animation.

BvS has done better at the box office than Days of Future Past. I doubt Apocalypse will make as much money.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue May 24, 2016 2:33 am

verslibre wrote:It just means that anything can take a back seat to animation.

BvS has done better at the box office than Days of Future Past. I doubt Apocalypse will make as much money.

It's funny that you even want to make that comparison.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Tue May 24, 2016 2:59 am

It's funny that you speak in riddles, Edward.
verslibre
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara