DC Extended Universe THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed May 23, 2018 4:34 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Beat that Justice League horse. Rigor has yet to set in. :lol:

Oh, it's not just JL. With the exception of WW, every film so far has been something of a turd.

You liked Green Lantern. Something Ryan Reynolds still can't let go of making fun of, even in the success's of his Deadpool character.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed May 23, 2018 4:57 am

Somebody should tell Sy-Fy that the \S/ doesn't mean shit to anybody anymore, especially if they're going to renew Krypton for a season 2.

Good job, Seg-EL!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed May 23, 2018 5:13 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
You liked Green Lantern. Something Ryan Reynolds still can't let go of making fun of, even in the success's of his Deadpool character.

Who cares? If it wasn't for Deadpool, Reynolds would be squeegeeing windshields on Rodeo drive mumbling about a Van Wilder reboot. Blade 3 was shit. RIPD was shit. He's done alot of shit.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed May 23, 2018 5:18 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:It cracks me up when someone tries to undermine JL or DC by talking about Marvel's B characters and never once realizing you're really undermining those same characters that are apart of the MCU brand. It's a nice spit in the face to Marvel lol.

Acknowledging B characters as B characters doesn't undermine anything. It is just acknowledging reality. You and Vers should try it sometime.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed May 23, 2018 5:52 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:It cracks me up when someone tries to undermine JL or DC by talking about Marvel's B characters and never once realizing you're really undermining those same characters that are apart of the MCU brand. It's a nice spit in the face to Marvel lol.

Acknowledging B characters as B characters doesn't undermine anything. It is just acknowledging reality. You and Vers should try it sometime.

I did. Remember my post about 4 movies together grossing 3.1 billion? :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed May 23, 2018 6:07 am

v and I have been on record since JL's release about our dissatisfaction with how that film turned out both behind the scenes and as a final product. As big of a DC fan I am, you can find multiple posts of me in total disgust. That my friend, is acknowledging the situation. But I also understand the nuances of argument and debate with these films and I know enough information out there to stand by most of my statements in how the DCEU still has meat left on the bone and how important it is to move on and move forward because good things can still happen and the studio knows it. It's up to them though and how much meddling they choose to back off of.

It's the same song and dance. Haters said Squad wasn't going to get made and laughed at the possibility of Wonder Woman potentially ever being a success. They also said Aquaman would never happen after BvS and Shazam was nothing but a puff of smoke.

Everything happened and things on the DCEU front will continue to happen, like WW2, The Batman, Flash, Nightwing, Birds of Prey and a Superman solo.

That's reality and making more of these films is all that matters.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed May 23, 2018 6:27 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:v and I have been on record since JL's release about our dissatisfaction with how that film turned out both behind the scenes and as a final product. As big of a DC fan I am, you can find multiple posts of me in total disgust. That my friend, is acknowledging the situation. But I also understand the nuances of argument and debate with these films and I know enough information out there to stand by most of my statements in how the DCEU still has meat left on the bone and how important it is to move on and move forward because good things can still happen and the studio knows it. It's up to them though and how much meddling they choose to back off of.

Believe me, I know firsthand how disappointed T-man was. If it weren't for the shirt rip at the end, he might've gotten up and asked for a refund. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed May 23, 2018 10:59 am

In the last 36-48 hours, we got Kiersey Clemons confirm she's playing Iris West, we saw the hire of Dredd's and Annihilation's production designer, and now this. Looks like wheels are turning for the Flash movie.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ezra-miller-reveals-villain-wants-see-flash-face-off/
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu May 24, 2018 7:59 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu May 24, 2018 10:31 pm

verslibre wrote:I did. Remember my post about 4 movies together grossing 3.1 billion? :lol:

You're giving a sum total because the last DC film, JL, made the least money. Audience good will towards beloved characters is running dry.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu May 24, 2018 10:32 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:v and I have been on record since JL's release about our dissatisfaction with how that film turned out both behind the scenes and as a final product. As big of a DC fan I am, you can find multiple posts of me in total disgust. That my friend, is acknowledging the situation. But I also understand the nuances of argument and debate with these films and I know enough information out there to stand by most of my statements in how the DCEU still has meat left on the bone and how important it is to move on and move forward because good things can still happen and the studio knows it. It's up to them though and how much meddling they choose to back off of.

It's the same song and dance. Haters said Squad wasn't going to get made and laughed at the possibility of Wonder Woman potentially ever being a success. They also said Aquaman would never happen after BvS and Shazam was nothing but a puff of smoke.

Everything happened and things on the DCEU front will continue to happen, like WW2, The Batman, Flash, Nightwing, Birds of Prey and a Superman solo.

Squad was also a mess.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri May 25, 2018 2:00 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:I did. Remember my post about 4 movies together grossing 3.1 billion? :lol:

You're giving a sum total because the last DC film, JL, made the least money. Audience good will towards beloved characters is running dry.

That wasn't including JL, which is the fifth film.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri May 25, 2018 2:08 am

Looking more and more like Ben is not leaving and will indeed be Batman in Reeves' movies.

https://twitter.com/GBRIELGRY/status/999431121581551616
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri May 25, 2018 2:10 am

verslibre wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

That wasn't including JL, which is the fifth film.

P.S. Characters like DC's Trinity have an endless supply.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri May 25, 2018 2:21 am

The fallout from the Snyderverse and how WB rebranded in the middle of filming in the midst of a tragedy just goes to show that these characters aren't running dry. There's a hunger and thirst from all parties (fans, critics, actors and studios alike) to get things right because the backlash has been so extraordinary. There's a duty to get this right, which only strengthens the need to move forward with the talent that can make it happen. Hamada isn't playing around. He is spearheading a DC movement that will focus on budgeting and creativity. Let's see what Aquaman and Shazam! cooks up.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri May 25, 2018 9:30 am

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri May 25, 2018 1:31 pm

verslibre wrote:That wasn't including JL, which is the fifth film.

Ok. My bad. DC Cinematic Universe is still fucked.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Fri May 25, 2018 11:05 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

It's not a universe anymore is it? Aren't they all going to be stand alone now? Or did they change their minds again?
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Sat May 26, 2018 1:24 am

RedWingFan wrote:It's not a universe anymore is it? Aren't they all going to be stand alone now? Or did they change their minds again?

Where did you get that idea? Aquaman, Shazam!, Wonder Woman 2, The Flash = same unverse.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat May 26, 2018 2:27 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Squad was also a mess.

Yeah, Squad was the result of WB getting cold feet with BvS and machete'ed Ayers' darker vision. They brought in outside companies to re-edit the film and everything. Ridiculous.

Though, they got away with Squad. Harley Quinn became a character the company could lean on where a new franchise was born and Margot Robbie has a say where the character is heading. Kind of like how Henry is more involved with Superman's direction now and has more creative pull.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat May 26, 2018 11:37 pm

RedWingFan wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

It's not a universe anymore is it? Aren't they all going to be stand alone now? Or did they change their minds again?

Still connected, just loosly with standalones ala Man of Steel and Wonder Woman. The universe is still in tact and they will keep those crossovers open with cameos and interactions with other hero's popping up but they won't build that Justice League Universe ala the Avengers universe for awhile or until they build up good-will and hype.

They will just build the DC Universe through each hero's world with the open universe concept.

Regardless of the Snyderverse, this was always going to happen even if the Snyder movies did huge. Before BvS, Snyder called it the "sandbox theory" where directors will still be able to branch off and do their own thing, creativity as long as they keep the some of the sand in the sandbox with connective tissues of the DC Universe films.

Though, there's no telling what they're going to do within their own subdivision of DC Films. Films like The Joker and New Gods where they will act more like an Elseworld division where directors can go whacky and crazy with without obiding to the main canon DCCinematicUniverse.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun May 27, 2018 9:31 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun May 27, 2018 10:53 pm

V is that official or fan made?

Seeing photos of fans posting completely empty theaters for Solo. It might bomb and hit concrete at the BO.. badly.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon May 28, 2018 3:06 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:V is that official or fan made?

Still not sure, lol! I dig it, either way. Looks pro.

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Seeing photos of fans posting completely empty theaters for Solo. It might bomb and hit concrete at the BO.. badly.

They "predicted" presales would be "double" what Black Panther's were, lmao! The movie's final tab was a bundle of moola. It's not setting the overseas box office on fire. Not good for something with Star Wars as part of its title. It's not going to do Deadpool 2 money.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Mon May 28, 2018 9:52 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
Still connected, just loosly with standalones ala Man of Steel and Wonder Woman. The universe is still in tact and they will keep those crossovers open with cameos and interactions with other hero's popping up but they won't build that Justice League Universe ala the Avengers universe for awhile or until they build up good-will and hype.

They will just build the DC Universe through each hero's world with the open universe concept.

Sounds kinda like the Marvel model.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 am

The only other way to do it is to open with the team movie, which almost happened with George Miller's Justice League: Mortal 10 years ago.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm

RedWingFan wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:

Sounds kinda like the Marvel model.

The only difference is that DC is going to build more off each respected hero's universe and have those universe's be more exclusive to the hero. Marvel focused more on the Avengers initiative with build up to the next Avengers film. DC will probably have cameos but really focus deeply on Wonder Woman's mythos, Superman's mythos, Batman's mythos, etc that is all inclusive to their own world but have an open world concept.

Also the Elseworld banner is going to change things. We're going to have to wait and see. Hamada wants to bring more focus to the DC Universe. That's all it needs no matter what model is used. Just makes good movies. They already tried to go out of the box.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue May 29, 2018 7:43 am

Aquaman releases in < 6 months.

Shazam! has finished filming.

Wonder Woman 2 commenced filming today.

Birds of Prey is in preproduction and will move into production soon.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue May 29, 2018 10:50 am

The DC train is rolling. They got to make a statement with Aquaman and tease what's in the pipeline at SDCC.

Birds of Prey has quietly been casting as well. Aquaman and Shazam! marketing has begun at expo's so they'll focus on those two films in terms of exposure...

...until July that is 8)
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu May 31, 2018 2:17 am

ILM is going to do some FX work on Aquaman!
verslibre
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara