Page 28 of 31

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:55 am
by verslibre
It IS hilarious. Monker's making a career out of chasing his own tail! :lol:

Image

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:14 am
by YoungJRNYfan
RedWingFan wrote:Haven't been here in awhile, but this is AWESOME. :lol:


Agreed! \S/

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:37 am
by Monker
verslibre wrote:It IS hilarious. Monker's making a career out of chasing his own tail! :lol:



Meanwhile, HBOMax had a horrible debut. You guys did not show up and subscribe. Better hope it is better the month of the first episode....cuz it's not looking good right now.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:26 am
by RedWingFan
Hilarious that you guys keep trying t prop Snyder up. He had 2 bites at the Apple in MOS and BvS both being fully hyped about how great they were gong to be. I even fell for it and saw both in the theater. He gets canned by the studio after seeing what he was doing with JL. Now you're hyperventilating over his 4 hour cut?

Meanwhile they have others making decent to good movies in Aquaman and WW.

Why not release a 10 hour cut? 2 hours that develop Cyborg, 2 hours that develop Aquaman, 2 hours that develop Flash?

Or the could have just released separate movies like I've been saying all along????? :roll:

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:10 pm
by Monker
RedWingFan wrote:Hilarious that you guys keep trying t prop Snyder up. He had 2 bites at the Apple in MOS and BvS both being fully hyped about how great they were gong to be. I even fell for it and saw both in the theater. He gets canned by the studio after seeing what he was doing with JL. Now you're hyperventilating over his 4 hour cut?

Meanwhile they have others making decent to good movies in Aquaman and WW.

Why not release a 10 hour cut? 2 hours that develop Cyborg, 2 hours that develop Aquaman, 2 hours that develop Flash?

Or the could have just released separate movies like I've been saying all along????? :roll:


You are exactly right. Both MOS and BVS had huge issues...especially BVS. So, now that direction is going to be a huge success? That is a risk....and a big dollar risk, too.

Now people want the Ayers cut of SS...one of the worst DC films released. Is there a director cut of Birds of Prey?

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:57 am
by verslibre
RedWingFan wrote:Hilarious that you guys keep trying t prop Snyder up.


Hilarious that you came back just to comment. :lol:

RedWingFan wrote:Or the could have just released separate movies like I've been saying all along????? :roll:


Ask Warner Bros. They're the ones that Ginsu'd his work, genius! :lol:

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:34 am
by YoungJRNYfan
I smell fart. Smell that v? :lol: Oh the taste of sweet, sweet victory.

And just like our boy TNC, Jeremy Johns has come around on BvS Ultimate Edition. Not surprised

Batman v Superman ULTIMATE Review
https://youtu.be/mqhPVeDqRg8

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:44 am
by YoungJRNYfan
verslibre wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Hilarious that you guys keep trying t prop Snyder up.


Hilarious that you came back just to comment. :lol:

RedWingFan wrote:Or the could have just released separate movies like I've been saying all along????? :roll:


Ask Warner Bros. They're the ones that Ginsu'd his work, genius! :lol:


There's a new boss in town! They're called At&t and they are all in. They loved Snyder's Cut. The game has changed where the platform will not depend on all-things box office rather than content and interest. Zack's Justice League and that universe continuing is a perfect home for HBOMax.

And the HBOMax launch doesn't include carryover and the addition of NEWER content like the Snyder Cut doesn't come out until 2021, which is what most fans are holding out for. Genius. At&t has already said the Snyder Cut is already a success givin the press it has givin them. Lighting that stogie.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:51 am
by YoungJRNYfan
RedWingFan wrote:Hilarious that you guys keep trying t prop Snyder up. He had 2 bites at the Apple in MOS and BvS both being fully hyped about how great they were gong to be. I even fell for it and saw both in the theater.


When the Snyder Cut is presented, will you watch it?

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:10 am
by YoungJRNYfan
RedWingFan wrote:Hilarious that you guys keep trying t prop Snyder up.


"You guys" as in At&t and Warner Media? :lol: I love how Emmerich had to eat shit and call Zack personally to revive his Justice League. How liberating that phone call had to be. Tons of haters ate shit. This has been in the making for 2 years.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:54 am
by verslibre
YoungJRNYfan wrote:I smell fart. Smell that v? :lol: Oh the taste of sweet, sweet victory.

And just like our boy TNC, Jeremy Johns has come around on BvS Ultimate Edition. Not surprised

Batman v Superman ULTIMATE Review
https://youtu.be/mqhPVeDqRg8


Well, whaddya know! :lol:

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:55 am
by verslibre
YoungJRNYfan wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Hilarious that you guys keep trying t prop Snyder up. He had 2 bites at the Apple in MOS and BvS both being fully hyped about how great they were gong to be. I even fell for it and saw both in the theater.


When the Snyder Cut is presented, will you watch it?


Of course he well. He doesn't like feeling left out. :lol:

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:21 pm
by Monker
YoungJRNYfan wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Hilarious that you guys keep trying t prop Snyder up.


"You guys" as in At&t and Warner Media? :lol: I love how Emmerich had to eat shit and call Zack personally to revive his Justice League. How liberating that phone call had to be. Tons of haters ate shit. This has been in the making for 2 years.


The only reason this thing happened is because HBOMax needed content. Considering the number of new subscribers, it is not attracting NEAR enough to justify that investment. They could have done an entire theatrical release of a new movie for what this is costing them. This is NOT about appeasing the fans and giving them what they demand, it's about $'s and putting HBOMax in with the big streaming services.

You are kidding yourself if you believe this is propping up Snyder and his vision of the canon. You are kidding yourself if you think suddenly the DCEU is going to turn on a dime towards Snyder's version of his "sandbox". You are kidding yourself if you think they are going to change all of the films already planned, or ready for release like WW84, to follow the Snyder canon.

You are lying to yourself if you can not admit that if people do not subscribe to HBOMax that this fiasco is anything other than a failure...and right now it looks exactly that. The number of new subscribers (not counting HBONow subscribers) is no where near what it should have been when you look at what people like you are saying. I doubt most people outside of DC comic book nerds care about any of this. They would have been better off taking over the Harley Quinn series or putting the budget towards new Swamp Thing seasons. In fact, they could have done BOTH - AND MORE - for what it is going to cost them to finish Snyder's JL. It's a HUGE mistake.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:52 pm
by YoungJRNYfan
HBOMax already made a shellload of money and the Snyder Cut isn't even out yet. Those NEW subscribers are going to destroy the stream in 2021.

RedWingFan's post count before anything Snyder related: 0.

RedWingFan's post count after anything Snyder related: 2.

Easily reeled in while Monker continues to write novels and be a try hard. Let it bother you. I don't care. That's your problem. No snarky comments or basically anything negative shade thrown this way simply DOES.NOT.MATTER. Monker has kidded himself since birth.

:lol:

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:48 am
by YoungJRNYfan
SAVE THE DATE! July 25-26th. Excited for this one! By the fans and for the fans, you don’t want to miss it! #JC2020 #ZackSnydersJusticeLeague


Shit be goin' down. Twitter is flooded with this message.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:53 am
by verslibre
YoungJRNYfan wrote:
SAVE THE DATE! July 25-26th. Excited for this one! By the fans and for the fans, you don’t want to miss it! #JC2020 #ZackSnydersJusticeLeague


Shit be goin' down. Twitter is flooded with this message.


Hmmm...ZSJL trailer, I bet.

Speaking of trailers, where's Army of the Dead?

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:01 am
by verslibre
Monker wrote:The only reason this thing happened is because HBOMax needed content.


HBO Max has plenty of content.

Monker wrote:it's about $'s and putting HBOMax in with the big streaming services.


You say that like it's the wrong strategy to take.

Monker wrote:You are kidding yourself if you believe this is propping up Snyder and his vision of the canon. You are kidding yourself if you think suddenly the DCEU is going to turn on a dime towards Snyder's version of his "sandbox". You are kidding yourself if you think they are going to change all of the films already planned, or ready for release like WW84, to follow the Snyder canon.


Nobody said that. You're trying too hard. WW84 has been in the can for many months. The Batman is already filming.

However, that doesn't mean changes won't be made to films "in development" (that's different from "in production").

Monker wrote:You are lying to yourself if you can not admit that if people do not subscribe to HBOMax that this fiasco is anything other than a failure...and right now it looks exactly that. The number of new subscribers (not counting HBONow subscribers) is no where near what it should have been when you look at what people like you are saying. I doubt most people outside of DC comic book nerds care about any of this.

Monker wrote:They would have been better off taking over the Harley Quinn series or putting the budget towards new Swamp Thing seasons. In fact, they could have done BOTH - AND MORE - for what it is going to cost them to finish Snyder's JL. It's a HUGE mistake.


Nice to see you liked Swamp Thing. It's too bad they cancelled it and dismantled the sets. That was one of the best things to ever come out of WB/DC. But you have to understand, because you clearly don't, that before AT&T's acquisition there were many opposing forces yanking at the proverbial rope in multiple directions. Don't quote me, but I read CW's Greg Berlanti may have had something to do with Swamp Thing getting cut to free up money for Green Lantern. And Stargirl was supposed to be on DC Universe, but it's on the CW now, too.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:04 am
by YoungJRNYfan
verslibre wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:
SAVE THE DATE! July 25-26th. Excited for this one! By the fans and for the fans, you don’t want to miss it! #JC2020 #ZackSnydersJusticeLeague


Shit be goin' down. Twitter is flooded with this message.


Hmmm...ZSJL trailer, I bet.

Speaking of trailers, where's Army of the Dead?


Has to be! My guess would also be a quick message from the cast being present in some way.

Army of the Dead will ramp up too. Regarding the Snyder Cut, Zack actually made rounds on a few podcasts, which was AWESOME. He chimed in with Ray Fisher on one of them and had to bail out because "This is another call from my OTHER movie I got to take guys.." so with him negotiating the ZSJL cut for years now, he can go back and lend a hand in marketing Army of the Dead when it's time.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:00 am
by verslibre
YoungJRNYfan wrote:
verslibre wrote:Hmmm...ZSJL trailer, I bet.

Speaking of trailers, where's Army of the Dead?


Has to be! My guess would also be a quick message from the cast being present in some way.

Army of the Dead will ramp up too. Regarding the Snyder Cut, Zack actually made rounds on a few podcasts, which was AWESOME. He chimed in with Ray Fisher on one of them and had to bail out because "This is another call from my OTHER movie I got to take guys.." so with him negotiating the ZSJL cut for years now, he can go back and lend a hand in marketing Army of the Dead when it's time.


Which podcasts!!?? I gotta hear the man talk!

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:57 pm
by Monker
verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:The only reason this thing happened is because HBOMax needed content.


HBO Max has plenty of content.


HBOMax does NOT have a 'must watch' content like Stranger Thing or Mandolorian. That is what JS:JL is supposed to be. Imagine Disney+ without Mandolorian...that is HBOMax without JS:JL. What else is 'must watch' on HBOMax? Bugs Bunny?

Monker wrote:it's about $'s and putting HBOMax in with the big streaming services.


You say that like it's the wrong strategy to take.


No, I am saying the strategy was not to appease the fans or JS...but to make money.

Monker wrote:You are kidding yourself if you believe this is propping up Snyder and his vision of the canon. You are kidding yourself if you think suddenly the DCEU is going to turn on a dime towards Snyder's version of his "sandbox". You are kidding yourself if you think they are going to change all of the films already planned, or ready for release like WW84, to follow the Snyder canon.


Nobody said that. You're trying too hard. WW84 has been in the can for many months. The Batman is already filming.


You were going on about the Resurrection of the Snyder canon.

However, that doesn't mean changes won't be made to films "in development" (that's different from "in production").


So, you are now saying that they will release films that ignore the Snyder canon...and then release other that don't. That makes no sense at all.

Nice to see you liked Swamp Thing.


I have not seen Swamp Thing. I liked the old series from the 80's, or whenever.

It's too bad they cancelled it and dismantled the sets. That was one of the best things to ever come out of WB/DC. But you have to understand, because you clearly don't, that before AT&T's acquisition there were many opposing forces yanking at the proverbial rope in multiple directions. Don't quote me, but I read CW's Greg Berlanti may have had something to do with Swamp Thing getting cut to free up money for Green Lantern. And Stargirl was supposed to be on DC Universe, but it's on the CW now, too.


My point is that they could have funded a half dozen series at least for what they are paying for ONE short mini-series. What you say above just proves my point even further. Also, DCU should be shut down and the content moved to HBOMax. It's silly to have both.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:54 pm
by Monker
No wonder HBOMax had so few subscribers. It's not on ROKU or Amazon devices, or LG TV's. Is it on ANY smart TV? It's not even available in 4k. What a complete FUBAR. The only thing they did right was having it on PS4 and XBOX. WB can't do anything right...what a crappy company.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:55 pm
by Monker
No wonder HBOMax had so few subscribers. It's not on ROKU or Amazon devices, or LG TV's. Is it on ANY smart TV? It's not even available in 4k. What a complete FUBAR. The only thing they did right was having it on PS4 and XBOX. WB can't do anything right...what a crappy company.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:09 pm
by Monker
BTW, I also have HBOMax because I already had HBONow. I was wondering why I never saw an update for this.

I have a 2018 model 55 inch LG C8 4K OLED/HDR TV...pretty much the best TV you could buy a couple years ago in that price range. I can not get the HBOMax app for the TV. I can not get it for my ROKU either. I had to download it to my PS4 to even look at it. That is such a joke. I do not go to my PS4 to watch TV.

But, EVEN THE APP SUCKS. It's such a cluttered piece of shit app. There is NO logical organization to ANYTHING. It's simply is useless. There is NOTHING "new" on it that I do not already get in HBONow that I want to watch anyway...it's just a waste of time to even use it.

They should have delayed this release until they had a decent app, and secured LG, Samsung, ROKU and Amazon (at least) to distribute it. In fact, they should have never gone to HBOMax and just upgraded HBONow to avoid all of this bullshit. This is the worst release of a streaming app that I have ever seen. How can ANYBODY expect this to succeed when they do not even have an app for most smart TVs, and the two most popular streaming "boxes"? How stupid are these people? I do not see how anybody can expect this to be successful. It is a complete FAIL. Someone should be fired over this launch.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:21 pm
by Monker
Oh, and now I find that HBOMax is dropping some WB/DC content....LOL:
Wonder Woman
Justice Legaue
Batman vs. Superman
Lego Batman
The Dark Knight trilogy

And, a LOT of others - all off the service at the end of the month. I guess they are doing some type of 'rotation'? What a farce.

HBOMax is doing absolutely NOTHING right.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:29 am
by Abitaman
I was going to get HBO MAX, but since they refuse to use Roku, I will not. iF they do not have Roku when it JL comes out, I will not see the movie. I am NOT buying another device (Google cast) for my tvs when I already have something. If Max wants to go in with Google and offer a cast device to sign up for 6 months or so, I would do it then. For now I wait for Roku.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:14 am
by YoungJRNYfan
W
I
N
N
I
N
G


Zack Snyder's Justice League, Wonder Woman 1984 And More Headline Massive New DC Fan Event

https://amp.cinemablend.com/news/254826 ... ssion=true

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:42 am
by YoungJRNYfan
Boinginginging

Aquaman’, ‘The Batman’, ‘Black Adam’, ‘Shazam!’, ‘Wonder Woman 1984’, ‘The Suicide Squad’ and Zack Snyder’s ‘Justice League’ will all have exclusive virtual panels at DC Fandome.

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:09 am
by YoungJRNYfan
BABOOOOM. The DC MULTIVERSE IS OFFICIAL.

Warner Bros. To Host DC FanDome Virtual Experience Featuring Talent From DC Multiverse Films, TV And Comics
https://deadline.com/2020/06/warner-bro ... ssion=true

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:58 am
by verslibre
DOME JUSTICE! Band name! Called it!!!

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:55 am
by YoungJRNYfan
Darkseid is coming!

And he's hungry.